• Show
Clear All

• Listy
    replied
    Ok. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• LongBlade
    replied
    Each of my articles has been either a preview or some kind of analysis piece.

Brian King wrote our review and he has been playing the game since Day 1 in a normal account with zero gold purchased.

Leave a comment:

• Listy
    replied
    Originally posted by LongBlade View Post
    My account started with about half a million gold and several million XP, so I didn't pay much mind to what was incoming.

I have noticed that I still get 500 gold per day, which means that whatever my account is, it isn't Premium in that sense.
    So a question, Have you tried playing the game as a basic account, and did your review stay the same?

Leave a comment:

• Listy
    replied
    Originally posted by pmglasser View Post
    Pz 38H 735 (f) -a tier 2 German premium tank it costs about 750 Gold (approx $4 USD) but is worth every penny. Slow and heavily armored, you are virtually immune to gunfire form other Tier 1-2 light tanks. Your only real enemies are tier 3 tanks with a gun of 45mm calibres or greater, artillery and tank destroyers. As a premium tank, it only costs a few hundred credits to repair so you make excellent XP and credits. Its biggest fault is the short 37mm can't be upgraded so over long distances or some tier 3 tanks you can't penetrate. Another weakness is the two-man crew - one lucky hit will hurt your fighting ability. Probably my favorite tank in the whole game - it was not uncommon to score 5 or 6 kills on a regular basis. In one game I killed 8 and damged 6 - only one enemy completely escaped my guns.
    Hear that! Although I find I'm more than capable of damaging targets at 700M+, although at that range hitting is the issue. I routinely now get Top guns on that, or am the last tank holding our base against two or three enemy tanks.

Leave a comment:

• pmglasser
    replied
    my favorite low tier tanks are:

AT-1 - both the 57mm and 76mm howitzer are good. The 57mm is faster and more accurate and can kill most enemies in 3-4 shots. The 76mm is much slower and less accurate but 1-2 hits will kill most enemies. Tier 2

Marder II - The 76.2 (r) mm gun allows you to hit way above your tier. Fairly accurate and hard, hitting, the 76.2 can reliably hurt anything up to tier 5. The marder II also has terrific gun traverse, allowing a wide field of fire. Plus, in urban maps, you can poke your gun around the corner, shoot and retreat quickly. Tier 3

Pz 38H 735 (f) -a tier 2 German premium tank it costs about 750 Gold (approx $4 USD) but is worth every penny. Slow and heavily armored, you are virtually immune to gunfire form other Tier 1-2 light tanks. Your only real enemies are tier 3 tanks with a gun of 45mm calibres or greater, artillery and tank destroyers. As a premium tank, it only costs a few hundred credits to repair so you make excellent XP and credits. Its biggest fault is the short 37mm can't be upgraded so over long distances or some tier 3 tanks you can't penetrate. Another weakness is the two-man crew - one lucky hit will hurt your fighting ability. Probably my favorite tank in the whole game - it was not uncommon to score 5 or 6 kills on a regular basis. In one game I killed 8 and damged 6 - only one enemy completely escaped my guns.

Leave a comment:

• LongBlade
    replied
    Originally posted by Siberian HEAT View Post
    Don't worry if you can't reach high tiers. Some of the most enjoyable tanks are low tier:

PanzerJaeger I: Tier II Tank Destroyer that has a wicked fast rate of fire. Can take down anything in its tier easily, and can take down tier IVs with a bit of patience. With a good crew this thing can take down 9 enemy in one match...

BT7: Tier III light recon which has been one of the most enjoyable tanks I've played. It can't hit for squat, but it moves lightning fast and can sweep through an enemy base often times before the enemy is set up to stop you. It is very useful for getting the Scout Achievement. Runner up is the US M2 Light Tank, which is a tier II fast mover.

SU-26: Tier III artillery which has a turret with 360 degree rotation. Once you have the top gun variant, this thing can spin around like a laser hitting stuff all over the battlefield. I use this to collect the Confederate achievements (damage 6 tanks which are destroyed later by teammates). This may be the most enjoyable artillery piece in the game.
    I'm going to have to give those a whirl. It can be a lot of fun running around with lower level tanks, and some Tier II/III sound like a good time.

Leave a comment:

• LongBlade
    replied
    Originally posted by Greybriar View Post
    Since you aren't using a free account, I was wondering what type of World of Tanks account you are using. I am bringing this up because a Premium WoT account grants the player 50% more credits and 50% more experience per battle. Does the type of account you are playing on give the same or similar benefits?

Due to the increasing cost of higher tier vehicles and the research required prior to obtaining them, after a certain point--around tier 8, I'd guess--a Premium Account is practically a necessity. Otherwise the grind will take many, many, many hours of gameplay. For example, I only need 60,000 more research experience credits (out of a total 160,535) in order to research my Panther II tank. Then I will be able to purchase it for 2,850,000 credits. Afterward I intend to purchase a Tiger II for 2,392,000 credits. As funds permit, I plan on buying a GW Panther for a measly 116,580 credits; a Jagd Pz IV for only 840,500 credits; and a GW Panther for 1,250,000 credits. Or maybe not due to the increased cost of repairs and--in some cases--ammunition.

Like Siberian HEAT, I enjoy playing lower tier vehicles and one of my favorites is also the SU-26. Out of curiosity, I purchased an M3 Lee and recently got it to Elite status with a 100% crew. Despite its design flaws, I have come to like my M3 Lee. These and other lower tier vehicles always make a modest profit from a battle and are fun to play as well.
    Honestly, I don't pay much attention to the daily perks.

My account started with about half a million gold and several million XP, so I didn't pay much mind to what was incoming.

I have noticed that I still get 500 gold per day, which means that whatever my account is, it isn't Premium in that sense.

What is clear is that the game has been designed from top to bottom to give incentives to buy gold/premium accounts/materiel. There seems to be no substitute to throwing money at the game - it always improves the experience. The problem is figuring out how much you can afford and where to spend it.

Leave a comment:

• Listy
    replied
    The Tank I default to these days for sheer fun is my Hotchkiss 39... Its a monster at its tier.

Leave a comment:

• Greybriar
    replied
    Originally posted by LongBlade View Post
    Check out the latest assessment/strategy guide I just posted on the front page:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/money...d-of-tanks.htm
    Since you aren't using a free account, I was wondering what type of World of Tanks account you are using. I am bringing this up because a Premium WoT account grants the player 50% more credits and 50% more experience per battle. Does the type of account you are playing on give the same or similar benefits?

Due to the increasing cost of higher tier vehicles and the research required prior to obtaining them, after a certain point--around tier 8, I'd guess--a Premium Account is practically a necessity. Otherwise the grind will take many, many, many hours of gameplay. For example, I only need 60,000 more research experience credits (out of a total 160,535) in order to research my Panther II tank. Then I will be able to purchase it for 2,850,000 credits. Afterward I intend to purchase a Tiger II for 2,392,000 credits. As funds permit, I plan on buying a GW Panther for a measly 116,580 credits; a Jagd Pz IV for only 840,500 credits; and a GW Panther for 1,250,000 credits. Or maybe not due to the increased cost of repairs and--in some cases--ammunition.

Like Siberian HEAT, I enjoy playing lower tier vehicles and one of my favorites is also the SU-26. Out of curiosity, I purchased an M3 Lee and recently got it to Elite status with a 100% crew. Despite its design flaws, I have come to like my M3 Lee. These and other lower tier vehicles always make a modest profit from a battle and are fun to play as well.

Leave a comment:

• craven
    replied
    I am only doing the German line and right now in the line to the panther.

so think I am in a 3/4 and need 14k exp which seems to be so slow in trickling in

Leave a comment:

• Siberian HEAT
    replied
    Don't worry if you can't reach high tiers. Some of the most enjoyable tanks are low tier:

PanzerJaeger I: Tier II Tank Destroyer that has a wicked fast rate of fire. Can take down anything in its tier easily, and can take down tier IVs with a bit of patience. With a good crew this thing can take down 9 enemy in one match...

BT7: Tier III light recon which has been one of the most enjoyable tanks I've played. It can't hit for squat, but it moves lightning fast and can sweep through an enemy base often times before the enemy is set up to stop you. It is very useful for getting the Scout Achievement. Runner up is the US M2 Light Tank, which is a tier II fast mover.

SU-26: Tier III artillery which has a turret with 360 degree rotation. Once you have the top gun variant, this thing can spin around like a laser hitting stuff all over the battlefield. I use this to collect the Confederate achievements (damage 6 tanks which are destroyed later by teammates). This may be the most enjoyable artillery piece in the game.

Leave a comment:

• LongBlade
    replied
    It's not that the top tiers aren't worth it, but if you have a bad day it can put you in a real hole.

The premium heavy tanks like the KV-5 can make that up quickly, but if you want to make some easy money without buying gold, the SPGs at Tier 5 are the way to go

Leave a comment:

• craven
    replied
    good article maybe I will just stay in my lowly medium tank Although since I was getting one shotted today didnt have much fun

Leave a comment:

• LongBlade
    started a topic World of Tanks - Economics

World of Tanks - Economics

Check out the latest assessment/strategy guide I just posted on the front page:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/money...d-of-tanks.htm

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X