Today has been a Bad Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today has been a Bad Day

After buying the IS, retraining the crew, buying a new turret, the 122mm gun and playing a few games, I ran out of money. I noticed that losing the IS in a game that ends in defeat means you're actually losing money.

I had to play a few games with the MS-1 tankette to win enough money to repair my knocked out IS.

Made worse by the fact that they no longer give free gold...^^;
    "Do you like your new weapon? It's wonderful...Try it on yourselves, not others. I told you, this tank reacts to impulses of fear. Try not to think of danger. The machine can read your thoughts..."

Comment

I guess it gets tricky on the heavy lines. I've never come close to running out of money because my artillery lines keep me in business. I don't have a heavy though so not sure how much it sucks down.
      Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Yup, there's a break point about Tier VIII (some classes its later) where unless you have premium then you have to use lower tier vehicles to fund the higher tiers.

Some, on the Forums say that its because this way WOT keeps the middle Tiers stocked. Others suggest its just so they can raid our wallets more.
        I must admit its surprising and ingenious how much thought they've put into screwing us for cash.
        Winnie says
        ---------------------------------
        "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
        Herr Flick.

Comment

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT View Post
          I guess it gets tricky on the heavy lines. I've never come close to running out of money because my artillery lines keep me in business. I don't have a heavy though so not sure how much it sucks down.
          Before getting the IS my tanks used to finance their own maintenance costs.

Now it's a disaster. I just played a game with the IS. My team actually won this time and I got 1 kill but lost the tank. Total credits gained: 8,200. Repairs: 7,700. Replenish ammo: 3,000. Deficit: 2,500. Imagine my budget if the team actually lost. And that's been happening since I got the IS. I'm turning into a camper. Survive, shoot as few rounds as possible.

Comment

If my Tier VII VK 3002 (DB) and PzKpfw VI Tiger are on the losing side in a battle, they either break even or go in the hole if they need repairs. Also, my Hummel (tier V SPG) has to pay 1,120 credits per round for HE ammo, so it sometimes only breaks even. My Tier V StugG III is probably my best money maker. But my Tier I Leichtetraktor doesn't have to pay for maintenance and its ammunition is cheap.

I didn't purchase a JagdPz IV (840,500 credits) or a GW Panther (1,250,300 credits) initially because I was saving for my Panther and Tiger II. But what with the cost of maintenance and ammunition it doesn't make much sense to upgrade when it will only make it harder on me financially.

Other players claim the Lwe is a real money maker, so I suppose I could spend 7,500 gold and buy one, but I'd rather not be called a wallet warrior. And I really don't want to buy a Premium Account. So I guess I will just keep on grinding and have my lower tier vehicles support my higher tiered ones.
            "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Originally posted by Greybriar View Post
              Other players claim the Lwe is a real money maker, so I suppose I could spend 7,500 gold and buy one, but I'd rather not be called a wallet warrior. And I really don't want to buy a Premium Account. So I guess I will just keep on grinding and have my lower tier vehicles support my higher tiered ones.
              Yeah the Lowe makes one metric ****-ton of cash per game. Take a guess why it was included, and why it had such a high Gold price.
              Winnie says
              ---------------------------------
              "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
              Herr Flick.

Comment

In my experience the Lowe is worth the cost. It's repaid itself several times over since I purchased it.

You can farm not only credits but XP from it. Those people suffering from the grind may want to look into the premium account. The idea stuck in my craw to begin with, but after actually running one I understand the big difference in XP generation that it provides. This is a big help to those of us who cannot game every day and are still trying to grind to tier 10.
                BoRG
                "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Playing with the IS is a complete turnoff. Even if my team wins a game and I destroy 1 or 2 tanks I lose credits. The game probably expects me to kill more tanks but it puts me in games with lots of tier 9-10 tanks.

So I turned to German TDs and quickly worked my way to a Hetzer... I'll probably play with TDs this summer.... but the fun factor this game had for me is almost depleted.

Comment

Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner.

I've been in the process of writing an article that addresses this very issue.

The Lwe is a huge money maker, but it's not your only recourse. SPGs earn easy money and cost next to nothing to replace. My M41 costs 1500 - 1800 and can easily turn 20,000 credits.

The one thing I do is play with premium ammo. Because I have a press account I can purchase it freely. The premium ammo can really make a dent.

Over the last couple of weeks I've been taking screen shots of a variety of vehicles at different tiers and what their earnings look like. Probably in the next week I'll sit down and do some harder analysis of them, but I can tell you that if you're short on credits, a mid-tier SPG is an easy way to bring you back.

Attached are two screenshots as examples. One is of the Lwe on a good day - I survived and we won. The other is of the M41 SPG on a bad day - I got destroyed, hit only one tank, and we lost. It's pretty telling.
                    Attached Files
                    RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Originally posted by LongBlade View Post
                      Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner.

I've been in the process of writing an article that addresses this very issue.

The Lwe is a huge money maker, but it's not your only recourse. SPGs earn easy money and cost next to nothing to replace. My M41 costs 1500 - 1800 and can easily turn 20,000 credits.

The one thing I do is play with premium ammo. Because I have a press account I can purchase it freely. The premium ammo can really make a dent.

Over the last couple of weeks I've been taking screen shots of a variety of vehicles at different tiers and what their earnings look like. Probably in the next week I'll sit down and do some harder analysis of them, but I can tell you that if you're short on credits, a mid-tier SPG is an easy way to bring you back.

Attached are two screenshots as examples. One is of the Lwe on a good day - I survived and we won. The other is of the M41 SPG on a bad day - I got destroyed, hit only one tank, and we lost. It's pretty telling.
                      Yes, I have a Hummel and I can use it to win credits. But since I need something like XP 80,000 and 2.5 million credits to get an IS-3, that's a lot of games I have to play with the Hummel.

Apart from that, another dent in my drive to work my way up to the IS-3 is the prospect of finding myself in the same situation or worse.

I was really looking forward to getting this far in the tiers. Now I'm kind of

I realise the developers have to make money, but I don't think it is fair to bleed credits if your team wins and you had some kills before being blown up. At least give the player a minimum surplus of 100 credits. Or 10. OK, 1?
                      Last edited by Imperial; 10 Jun 11, 13:40.

Comment

Originally posted by LongBlade View Post
                        ....SPGs earn easy money and cost next to nothing to replace. My M41 costs 1500 - 1800 and can easily turn 20,000 credits....
                        I like playing SPGs. I have three of them--a Hummel, an SU26, and an M37. I do not use Premium ammo. The HE ammunition for my Hummel costs over 1,000 credits a round (1,120 IIRC). I can easily spend all the credits I have earned in a battle to reload because its accuracy varies so greatly with its 100% crew. In one battle it destroyed six enemy vehicles. In the next it didn't get a single hit.

If I want to earn credits, I use my StugG III; its ammo and repairs are relatively cheap. A Hetzer might even be a better choice since it is one tier lower.

In summation, I play an SPG when I want to keep my distance from the enemy. I play my Tiger tank when I want to get up close and personal. And I play a Tank Destroyer when I want to earn credits.
                        "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Originally posted by Greybriar View Post
                          I like playing SPGs. I have three of them--a Hummel, an SU26, and an M37. I do not use Premium ammo. The HE ammunition for my Hummel costs over 1,000 credits a round (1,120 IIRC). I can easily spend all the credits I have earned in a battle to reload because its accuracy varies so greatly with its 100% crew. In one battle it destroyed six enemy vehicles. In the next it didn't get a single hit.

If I want to earn credits, I use my StugG III; its ammo and repairs are relatively cheap. A Hetzer might even be a better choice since it is one tier lower.

In summation, I play an SPG when I want to keep my distance from the enemy. I play my Tiger tank when I want to get up close and personal. And I play a Tank Destroyer when I want to earn credits.
                          I should probably switch to standard ammo and see what the economics look like.

TDs for credits? I don't think they win as much as SPGs but I'll play my Jagdpanzer and check out its performance. I might buy a Stug, too, and see how that works. I always liked the Stug III for some reason. Cheap and reliable, I suppose.
                          RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X