Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackie
    replied
    Didn't get a screen cap and I didn't get any kills but I managed to win the game for my team as last tank standing.

On the Karelia map my little Pz38NA was feeling out of place in among the medium and heavy tanks. So it had to be scout mode.

Drove into the middle of the map and hid in a bush for a while to spot enemies. Only a couple came up the middle which my TD brethren quickly dispatched but on the flanks my team were fighting a losing battle.

Noticing this it was full speed to the enemy CP to cap it. Made it up there and thankfully they had nobody lying in ambush so I drove around the CP in a circle to avoid the falling arty shells and any tanks that rushed back to deal with me. Just over half way through the cap I was the last tank in the field but I managed to avoid getting hit.

An enemy SPG showed up but it was too late and the game was won. Enemy still had 5 tanks at the end.

Received the Invader medal and Kolobanov's medal.
    Last edited by Mackie; 21 Sep 11, 13:31.

Leave a comment:

• Greybriar
    replied
    Originally posted by Listy View Post
    Record win for me...11 Kills.
    Wow! The most kills I have ever had in a battle has been 7. Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• Listy
    replied
    Originally posted by Imperial View Post
    What tank did you use?
    Mini-maus (The Panzer 38H). Just before that one of the team mates asked "Is he that good, or are the enemy that bad?"
    My response was: "Yes"

Leave a comment:

• Imperial
    replied
    What tank did you use?

Leave a comment:

• LongBlade
    replied
    Originally posted by Listy View Post
    Record win for me (and yes I'm still a bit buzzed from that, as I only had 4 shots left and just over a minute and was in a slow tank). 11 Kills.

Holy moly! Nice job!

Leave a comment:

• Listy
    replied
    Record win for me (and yes I'm still a bit buzzed from that, as I only had 4 shots left and just over a minute and was in a slow tank). 11 Kills.

Leave a comment:

• Imperial
    replied
    Killed 7 with my IS-3 today. My new personal best.

The funny thing was that the enemy team had 1 Tiger II left while in my team there were 2 more guys and 1 arty. I was around 30-40% HP. I go up against that guy and it turns out to be a camper at 100% HP. With the help of arty I brought him down to around 20% HP but died in the process. And a guy with 0 kills from my team starts calling me a noob in a heavy tank.

That really made my day. Calling someone a noob for not killing his 8th tank.

Leave a comment:

• LongBlade
    replied
    I think the thing that impressed me the most was these guys were smart enough to spot and let me do the shooting. It made a huge difference.

I also got lucky. The other team moved their units, but I was lucky enough to be able to lead them and they walked into my fire. I've had plenty of games where they zigged when I thought they'd zag.

Also, SPGs don't carry much ammo. I've had a couple of games where I simply shot until I was empty and hoped for the best. Things just went my way yesterday, which was good, because the next half dozen games after it sucked

Leave a comment:

• Listy
    replied
    Originally posted by LongBlade View Post
    Best.

Day.

Evah.

8 kills as an M41 artillery. 40,000 XP.

The team was telling me that I saved their bacon and made the game.

It's days like this that make World of Tanks worthwhile.
    Yeah today was good, I had a team that coordinated and was flexible. When we developed a strong attack on one side we moved some forces to cover the other side, and re-deployed the arty away from our exposed flank to support our main attack. Meanwhile we shifted the TD's the other way.

It felt good not to be with a bunch of moronic lemmings who don't communicate or look at the mini-map.

Leave a comment:

• LongBlade
    replied
    Best.

Day.

Evah.

8 kills as an M41 artillery. 40,000 XP.

The team was telling me that I saved their bacon and made the game.

It's days like this that make World of Tanks worthwhile.

Leave a comment:

• Imperial
    replied
    I just bought an IS-3! Phew!

Leave a comment:

• Greybriar
    replied
    I researched the 105 mm Howitzer M2A1 and mounted it on my Priest. It has a much better range than the starting gun. It doesn't have the range of my Hummel, but it's a vast improvement.

Leave a comment:

• LongBlade
    replied
    I just played the Mountain Pass map with an Elite Priest and it barely could hit half the map.

I like the reload rate and the damage of the Priest, but the M41 and Hummel are where you want to be if you want the entire map within range without moving.

I like to move to take advantage of new angles as my team progresses, so movement to me isn't such a bad thing.

Leave a comment:

• Greybriar
    replied
    Ugh. I bought a Priest tonight and sold my M37. I wish I'd kept it. I could cover nearly the entire map with the M37 while the Priest has less range than my SU-26. Hopefully the range will improve vastly with an upgraded gun and a 100% crew (the crew is currently at 90%).

Leave a comment:

• LongBlade
    replied
    Ummm, I'm not so sure.

The M41, which comes after the Priest, can cover the entire map, but I think the Priest has range limits. I like it that way as it's a challenge to keep up with the front line to some extent. You've got to get out of your hidey holes and move around a bit to keep contributing to the fight.

I'll play around with my Priest today and let you know what maps it seems to cover the most.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X