Today has been a Good Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, Greybriar
    RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

artillery is the reason why i stopped playing this game
      Operation Iraqi Freedom 09-10

Comment

I love the low tier battles. I'm really having a lot of fun playing the M2 Light, which has a potent mix of high speed and an accurate and capable gun.
        Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

I love my elite Panzer II in low tier battles. It's agile as all hell and the high rate of fire "spam cannon" 20mm lets you land hits while closing the distance.

RE: OP - the Priest is a great SPG once you get the upgraded 105mm. You have high ROF and lots of ammo, so it's great for firing at likely hiding spots in the enemy backfield while there aren't any viable targets spotted. You'll be surprised when you get a kill, or see that you've damaged an unseen tank on the post-battle screen.

Speaking of low-tier fun and American SPG's the T57, with an elite crew and upgrades, is a little *beast*

Comment

Originally posted by 88L71 View Post
            ....the Priest is a great SPG once you get the upgraded 105mm....
            Does the range of the Priest allow it to cover the entire map?
            "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Originally posted by Greybriar View Post
              Does the range of the Priest allow it to cover the entire map?
              I'm pretty certain it can cover the entire Westfield map corner to corner.
              Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Ummm, I'm not so sure.

The M41, which comes after the Priest, can cover the entire map, but I think the Priest has range limits. I like it that way as it's a challenge to keep up with the front line to some extent. You've got to get out of your hidey holes and move around a bit to keep contributing to the fight.

I'll play around with my Priest today and let you know what maps it seems to cover the most.
                RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Comment

Ugh. I bought a Priest tonight and sold my M37. I wish I'd kept it. I could cover nearly the entire map with the M37 while the Priest has less range than my SU-26. Hopefully the range will improve vastly with an upgraded gun and a 100% crew (the crew is currently at 90%).
                  "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

I just played the Mountain Pass map with an Elite Priest and it barely could hit half the map.

I like the reload rate and the damage of the Priest, but the M41 and Hummel are where you want to be if you want the entire map within range without moving.

I like to move to take advantage of new angles as my team progresses, so movement to me isn't such a bad thing.

Comment

I researched the 105 mm Howitzer M2A1 and mounted it on my Priest. It has a much better range than the starting gun. It doesn't have the range of my Hummel, but it's a vast improvement.

Comment

I just bought an IS-3! Phew!

Comment

Best.

Day.

Evah.

8 kills as an M41 artillery. 40,000 XP.

The team was telling me that I saved their bacon and made the game.

It's days like this that make World of Tanks worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by LongBlade View Post
                            Best.

Day.

Evah.

8 kills as an M41 artillery. 40,000 XP.

The team was telling me that I saved their bacon and made the game.

It's days like this that make World of Tanks worthwhile.
                            Yeah today was good, I had a team that coordinated and was flexible. When we developed a strong attack on one side we moved some forces to cover the other side, and re-deployed the arty away from our exposed flank to support our main attack. Meanwhile we shifted the TD's the other way.

It felt good not to be with a bunch of moronic lemmings who don't communicate or look at the mini-map.
                            Winnie says
                            ---------------------------------
                            "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
                            Herr Flick.

Comment

I think the thing that impressed me the most was these guys were smart enough to spot and let me do the shooting. It made a huge difference.

I also got lucky. The other team moved their units, but I was lucky enough to be able to lead them and they walked into my fire. I've had plenty of games where they zigged when I thought they'd zag.

Also, SPGs don't carry much ammo. I've had a couple of games where I simply shot until I was empty and hoped for the best. Things just went my way yesterday, which was good, because the next half dozen games after it sucked

Comment

Killed 7 with my IS-3 today. My new personal best.

The funny thing was that the enemy team had 1 Tiger II left while in my team there were 2 more guys and 1 arty. I was around 30-40% HP. I go up against that guy and it turns out to be a camper at 100% HP. With the help of arty I brought him down to around 20% HP but died in the process. And a guy with 0 kills from my team starts calling me a noob in a heavy tank.

That really made my day. Calling someone a noob for not killing his 8th tank.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                                  Prawn heads
                                  by Karri
                                  How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                                  Today, 11:40
                                • Jose50
                                  Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                                  by Jose50
                                  Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                                  Today, 08:41
                                • Von Richter
                                  Sagittarius Rising...
                                  by Von Richter
                                  Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                                  Today, 01:19
                                Working...
                                X