Clear All

Soo...

When do we get our official thread?

btw, my handle is IIIStGII_Immelmann
    Three Reichs and you're out.

Comment

Originally posted by Immelmann View Post
      When do we get our official thread?
      OK, I will let Jeremy know about this, hehe...

I also posted this under the Simulations section. All of you playing already, feel free to find me in-game.

Im a developer on World of Tanks. Currently, we have modeled about 100 different tanks (so far) from the period immediately post-World War I through shortly after the end of World War II, including many experimental and prototype vehicles. We have created them to be as historically accurate as possible, both in appearance and performance. However, the controls are not designed for simulation but for gameplay that is more fast and furious.

World of Tanks is a free-to-play game with optional purchases to speed the acquisition of crew experience and credits, which are used to build and repair vehicles. A clan system is also in the works to allow larger teams to fight over all of Europe. Battles are relatively small (company scale 15 players per side, increasing to 30 players per side), with each player manning their own individual tank, tank destroyer, or self-propelled gun. Open battles are a mix of vehicles (not determined by nationality), but historical and other types of battles are in development. The game is in beta testing at the moment here in the West, having successfully launched in Russia with hundreds of thousands of active players.

If anyone has questions about this game or is interested in a free closed beta key, just let me know I have plenty!

I have noticed all of the fond memories of Panzer Elite in this forum and I'd like to say thank you - that was the first game I worked on (the original, not the action game)! While PE was widely known for both its historical accuracy (I vaguely remember being knocked to the floor of a Jagdpanther by the hatch as I climbed in during some research, forgetting they had no hydraulics!) and the amazing (for their time) graphics, unfortunately there's nothing like that anymore. But we do have World of Tanks, and I'd love it if some of you guys would give us solid feedback on it. And the price is certainly right...

Thanks,

Chris

Military Advisor
      World of Tanks: ChrisK

Comment

Hi ChrisK,

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for posting here. I have a revisited (we published a preview last summer) preview of the game which should go up in the next few days.
        RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Fantastic! I look forward to seeing it. If I can answer any questions, please let me know.

Comment

The Pz38h 735 (f) is my new favorite tank. it is a tier 2 german permium - captured french tank. It has excellent armor and an ok gun. however it is really slow. The only thing that ever kills me though is artillery.

In such a low tier battle it is not uncommon to be hit 50+ shots with little or no damage. The only thing that can hurt you is 45mm+ guns at close range.

I fought another Pz 38H 735 F and the only way i could penetrate is with premium APCR ammo. it's a fun little tank but not very fast. only 750 gold to buy it.

anyways the game is scheduled for release in February.

Comment

I just got word that the Open Beta will launch January 27th.
              RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Comment

Hey, World of Tanks fans. There's a pretty robust discussion taking place in the Comments section of the preview we just published. Y'all are welcome to read them and join in the discussion

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/world...#comment-18544

Comment

World of Tanks video tutorial #2 for your viewing pleasure:

Comment

I'm thinking about trying out the game. Looks cool.
                    A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
                      I'm thinking about trying out the game. Looks cool.
                      You can't beat the price. If you have any interest it's worth looking at.

Comment

This game is just awesome only had about 10 games so far and I can't wait to get my panther

I go by the same user name feel free to add me anyone
                        You better drop your flag an withdraw.

Comment

Originally posted by LongBlade View Post
                          You can't beat the price. If you have any interest it's worth looking at.
                          Well yeah... Free beta?

I'm FM_Von_Manstein

I have a Hetzer, Panzer 38(t), and a Panzer III Ausf A.
                          A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Woo! T-34, Hummel and a PzIV!
                            Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

Comment

Loving it so far. Addictive but not too addictive, thankfully!

Comment

I'm enjoying it too, only got into it a few days back but it's good fun and a nice change of pace from my current list of games.

Not sure i'll keep at it after the Beta though - I get the impression this will be one of those games which rewards those who are willing to throw away real money for in-game currency - But this Beta is definitely worth a look, far from a sim (not that it's trying to be one) but still keeps me interested.

The list of vehicles, while impressive, does make it hard to chose a path - Finally got myself an SPG and had a blast playing with that, but my BT-2 has reached elite status (gunner on 100% too ) so i'm torn....
                                "My God, I wish we had the 9th Australian Division with us this morning."
                                - Major General Freddie de Guingand, Chief of Staff, Allied Land-force Headquarters Europe, D-Day, 1944.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X