New to WoT and don't understand anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to WoT and don't understand anything

I am playing WoT on my tablet and on my PC. As far as computers go I tend to expect alot...show me what I want to know, don't make me look for it. PC version I am often dead before I know what the battlefield scenario is. I don't even know where the shot came from. I don't mind that so much I figure I'll get by the learning curve in a few decades and occasionally kill a tank or two. I am curious as to why more folks don't play with joysticks or controllers as I just can't get comfortable with the keyboard thing. Gaming on a keyboard seems incredibly wrong to me. I am trying to decide which is better a joystick or gamepad...I'm leaning toward the gamepad simply because of the dual rotation needs (turret and tank hull) which I think can be better accomplished with a gamepad.
    The tablet version sucks in many ways but is enjoyable for a quick tank killing fix if you can get past the controls botch up on a tablet. My major gripe on this version is that I have no idea how to upgrade nor how far I am from that point. How long am I stuck fighting with an impotent light tank that is smaller than the car that I drive?

That was a nice long rant. I should have made it one sentence, eh?
    John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

What's your game name. I'll add you to the friend list and if you're on I can help with things.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      What's your game name. I'll add you to the friend list and if you're on I can help with things.
      JBark. I have no imagination...lol. Actually I did not pay attention to the option for a cool name.
      Thanks
      John

Comment

Do you have a mouse?A keybord and mousepad are a very bad idea.
        Wack tac mac hey.
        Regards.
        Grishnak.

Comment

Originally posted by grishnak View Post
          Do you have a mouse?A keybord and mousepad are a very bad idea.
          Of course I have a mouse.
          Why?
          John

Comment

Funny I tried the xbox version and could not use the controller to play. I am more at home on the keyboard mouse setup.

As for help you can look me up "sirdano" and I can play in the lower levels if need be. If unsure at start try hiding in a bush. or follow a couple other tanks. At lower levels you will die quicky. Some players like to seal club the newbies. Also I think there is a turtorial you can try also that help.

Also try the forums on world of tanks they can give you a lot of ideas.

After each battle you can research new modules that help your tank. Like a better gun, tacks turret and even moving up to a new tier.
            Are we there yet?

Comment

This might help too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L68OWMyO-3A

look for other videos
              Are we there yet?

Comment

Originally posted by JBark View Post
                Of course I have a mouse.
                Why?
                I have a nephew who plays on a laptop with keybord mousepad control, I cant cope with that combination and was wondering if you were using the same combination.
                Wack tac mac hey.
                Regards.
                Grishnak.

Comment

Originally posted by Dano View Post
                  Funny I tried the xbox version and could not use the controller to play. I am more at home on the keyboard mouse setup.

As for help you can look me up "sirdano" and I can play in the lower levels if need be. If unsure at start try hiding in a bush. or follow a couple other tanks. At lower levels you will die quicky. Some players like to seal club the newbies. Also I think there is a turtorial you can try also that help.

Also try the forums on world of tanks they can give you a lot of ideas.

After each battle you can research new modules that help your tank. Like a better gun, tacks turret and even moving up to a new tier.
                  I've been playing with joystick and controller on other games for many years so I think this is why I can't make the adjustment.

The upgrades, is this all paid for with money or can one acquire experience "points" and upgrade with these. Does the latter take a long time?
                  John

Comment

Experience points are gained in relation to success in battle,that can be use to research new modules and vehicles.When that research is done credits also earned in relation to success in battle can be used to purchase said new modules and vehicles.The further up the tier you travel the harder it is to advance as the costs increase,pretty quick up to around tier 4.You can use real world cash to buy credits ,but I think that rather defeats the point of the game.
                    Wack tac mac hey.
                    Regards.
                    Grishnak.

Comment

Fifty or so hours of play should get you up to tier4/5 if you concentrate on one line.
                      Wack tac mac hey.
                      Regards.
                      Grishnak.

Comment

I've been using keyboard/mouse combination for way too long to try a joystick with WoT... not sure how that would work to be honest.

Fifty hours Grishnak? You should be able to hit tier 4/5 with 10-12 hours of solid game play.
                        BoRG
                        "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

I'm also used to the mouse and keyboard combo but I had to play with the settings to get the right level of control. Most importantly, I tried some of the different targeting mods. This made a huge difference in uping my hit rate. I found the standard targeting site awful.

Get a good modpack and make sure you are upgrading your crews along with your tanks.

A tank crew at less than 75% or even 85% is going to be very annoying. Slow to load, slow to repair and often inaccurate.

Also get "sixth sense" as a skill on your commander asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthwys View Post
                            I've been using keyboard/mouse combination for way too long to try a joystick with WoT... not sure how that would work to be honest.

Fifty hours Grishnak? You should be able to hit tier 4/5 with 10-12 hours of solid game play.
                            I could do that now,but not so sure it was so easy when I started.I found the the instant death cause no damage role quite easily in the beginning.
                            Wack tac mac hey.
                            Regards.
                            Grishnak.

Comment

Originally posted by grishnak View Post
                              Experience points are gained in relation to success in battle,that can be use to research new modules and vehicles.When that research is done credits also earned in relation to success in battle can be used to purchase said new modules and vehicles.The further up the tier you travel the harder it is to advance as the costs increase,pretty quick up to around tier 4.You can use real world cash to buy credits ,but I think that rather defeats the point of the game.
                              What exactly is researching the tanks?

Can one do well in this game without all the crew stuff and assorted other "stuff?" Seems to be a needlessly complicated game, too complicated I think.
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X