Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Uninstalled WOT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he meant the other way around, and yes they do beef the soviets up a bit more than they should. For example letting you mount the IS-2's 122mm gun on the KV-1S.
    "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Well, I would have liked the game to keep things in reality, instead of all those experimental and mostly impossible combination of gun/chassis.

But, the game wouldn't have been as exciting, me thinks.
      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
        OBSCENITY REMOVED
        ACG Staff
        Duncan
        Guess I didn't censor it enough. My apologies.
        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
          Is it true that WoT is biased when it comes to Soviet vs. German tanks?....
          That's the way it seems to me, but I haven't been playing World of Tanks much lately.
          "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

I pretty much just do a few Tier II to IV games even though I could buy stuff up to IX. It is just too much hassle and I hear the top tier games are just shooting galleries with little maneuver.

Comment

Is it true that WoT is biased when it comes to Soviet vs. German tanks? A friend told me that and I'm a big fan of german armor so I didn't download it.

Also War Thunder is adding tanks and warships as well so I can't wait
              The Bias is there for certain. It's not as obvious as is was pre 6.0, and they've tried to tone it back a bit here and there; but it still exists.

I'm a fan of some German armour as well, but they're not completely outclassed if you know how to use the specific tanks strengths and minimize it's weaknesses.

It's the same with the American units. For the most part their hulls are fairly squishy, but the turrets tend to be fairly bouncy. So hull-down positions are an excellent way to extend your effectiveness and lifespan all at the same time.

The biggest problem players seem to have is making the adjustment to the higher tier tanks. They all seem to get this idea early on that once you're in tier8-10 territory you are invincible; and then they get very pi off very quickly that people are hacking them, and these tanks cost too much to play... because they are playing like fools rather than using the skills they've developed while grinding to T8 in the first place.

We usually have to blast those bad habits out of them. Some uninstall, and some learn and improve.
              BoRG
              'A Battle is the Shield Wall. It's smelling your enemy's breath while he tries to disembowel you with an axe'

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                I think he meant the other way around, and yes they do beef the soviets up a bit more than they should. For example letting you mount the IS-2's 122mm gun on the KV-1S.
                Supposedly they are removing the 122mm from the KV-1S and splitting it into I believe 2 different tanks (similar to how the old Tier 5 KV was split into the Tier 5 KV-1 and the Tier 6 KV-1S way back when).

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
                  Supposedly they are removing the 122mm from the KV-1S and splitting it into I believe 2 different tanks (similar to how the old Tier 5 KV was split into the Tier 5 KV-1 and the Tier 6 KV-1S way back when).
                  Oh, goodie. More make-believe tanks.

Comment

Is it true that WoT is biased when it comes to Soviet vs. German tanks? A friend told me that and I'm a big fan of german armor so I didn't download it.

Also War Thunder is adding tanks and warships as well so I can't wait
                    Maybe this bias was easier to see early in the life of the game but now the tech trees are pretty complex and there are many more nations in the game so I can't spot that bias anymore.

p.s. They've just introduced a new German TD branch. I thought I was off the hook after getting the BatChat but now I'll have to start another grind. Oh well....

Comment

I'm kind of bummed about the new TD line as now my Marder II is not so good. Not terrible, just not as good. I'm looking to get the Nashorn at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by jayedub7423 View Post
                        I'm kind of bummed about the new TD line as now my Marder II is not so good. Not terrible, just not as good. I'm looking to get the Nashorn at the very least.
                        I need another 26,000 XP to get the Nashorn but I don't really like these new TDs... they are uber-fragile and this means a painful grind in random battles. I'm considering giving it up and enjoying some casual games with the tanks I already have.

Comment

Originally posted by Imperial View Post
                          I need another 26,000 XP to get the Nashorn but I don't really like these new TDs... they are uber-fragile and this means a painful grind in random battles. I'm considering giving it up and enjoying some casual games with the tanks I already have.
                          Why are you guys so hyped about the Nashorn? You know that's also "uber-fragile" right?

Comment

Originally posted by Parfa View Post
                            Why are you guys so hyped about the Nashorn? You know that's also "uber-fragile" right?
                            You're right. I abanonded grinding this new line of TD altogether. Not worth wasting time and nerves. Trying out the British TD line out of curiosity. I kind of like their armor and the guns are pretty good so far. But I'm only at tier 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Parfa View Post
                              Sounds like the Japanese premium tank: paper armor with an excellent cannon. I have it but I havent played it much as I am waiting for a crew training discount.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X