Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know. Please only send real issues not things like I hate the colors of the site or the site looks cheap now. I am trying to get as many issues fixed for you as i can and If i have to read through stuff like that it's going to take me longer to get stuff fixed.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

8.0 update released, physics unleashed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.0 update released, physics unleashed

Well I spent a day with the 8.0 WoT yesterday. The new release is good for the game IMO. I like the new rendering engine, everything is much brighter than in previous incarnations. The revamped maps have been done well. there are new combat types on maps that didn't have them before (like assault on westfield) and then of course there's the new physics...

This has made my day ( and not Dirty Harry style either) I'm talking laugh riot for the first five battles and then a couple of hours testing what could and could not be accomplished using them. Westfield yesterday was a gongshow every time I was in it; mostly from people trying and failing to jump the bridge, and therefore plummeting to their fiery deaths below(I admit to being the first guy to try it on the map the first time I got there, but I left it alone after that)

Yes you can 'go where you want to go' within reason, you can ram and push other tanks, even crush them into non-destructable buildings if you're big enough compared to your opponent. You can climb over the ridge and slide down the other side, (or fall down it depending or slope or complete absence thereof) Small fast tanks like the T-50 and the T50-2 will notice a tendency to drift when cornering at high speed, fun and dangerous depending upon what your trying to avoid. You can even leap your tank onto other tanks if you time it right.

So I've found no unhappiness with this update so far. Indeed I am thoroughly enjoying the new feel of the game...

How about you folks? have you experienced 8.0 yet? do you like it or not? and why?
    BoRG
    'A Battle is the Shield Wall. It's smelling your enemy's breath while he tries to disembowel you with an axe'

I am enjoying it too. But with my slow internet, probably not as much as you.

I did notice that the penetration was redone. Sadly, it turned my Hellcat from an outstanding tank to a mediocre one now. And the Hellcat was my favorite. Guess I'll have to upgrade to a different tank now.

But other than that, no serious complains so far.

I'm having a fair time with WOWP as well, but I can tell you its not quite as good as WOT. Maybe it will improve as the beta continues. We'll see.
    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

I decided to give WoWP a miss... although I'm reconsidering... I have moments of weakness where I think about it, but I'm so 'gamed-up' right now it's crazy. That and I'm waiting for WoB.
      BoRG
      'A Battle is the Shield Wall. It's smelling your enemy's breath while he tries to disembowel you with an axe'

Comment

Yeah, WOB is the one I want the most.

Played more games with the Hellcat. Camo seems nerfed, my gun can't hurt anything anymore. Yeah, the Hellcat is crap now.
        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
          Yeah, WOB is the one I want the most.

Played more games with the Hellcat. Camo seems nerfed, my gun can't hurt anything anymore. Yeah, the Hellcat is crap now.
          Not sure about that. I don't recall it's gun getting a penetration nerf and the changes to armor normalization aren't that drastic, especially at lower tiers. You're probably just not hitting weakspots.
          A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

The only thing I really like about 8.0 so far is the detailed post-battle report. Apart from that... meh. I don't think we needed the old maps re-designed, they should have addressed the annoying 0 damage shots instead. As for the graphics... too much light.

Comment

I'm still shooting at the same exact spots as before. I am not the only one that has noticed the changes.

Comment

I'm still shooting at the same exact spots as before. I am not the only one that has noticed the changes.
                And my clan mates say otherwise. I've had no trouble penning things at the Medium TC level, so I don't know what you're talking about.
                A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Of course you don't. I'm lying it seems. Back to the ignore list with you.

Comment

Of course you don't. I'm lying it seems. Back to the ignore list with you.
                    You're not very experienced at this game therefor you're wrong. Deal with it.

Comment

Has the 10.5 gun on the Hetzer had its penetration value lowered, or is the Lee better armoured maybe?

I just bounced 10.5cm shell off the front of one and though "hmmm, never seen that happen before". He then, for reasons only he understands proceeded to present his side armour to me at a 90 degree angle. "A-ha" thinks I, "one shot kill coming up". Shot bounced off.

I used to love killing Lee's. Big ugly things that filled the reticule perfectly and brewed up with a single click. Was I simply unlucky this time?

Comment

Originally posted by Fodder76 View Post
                        Has the 10.5 gun on the Hetzer had its penetration value lowered, or is the Lee better armoured maybe?

I just bounced 10.5cm shell off the front of one and though "hmmm, never seen that happen before". He then, for reasons only he understands proceeded to present his side armour to me at a 90 degree angle. "A-ha" thinks I, "one shot kill coming up". Shot bounced off.

I used to love killing Lee's. Big ugly things that filled the reticule perfectly and brewed up with a single click. Was I simply unlucky this time?
                        Changes to armor normalization means more bounces. Do you run AP or HE with the derp Hetzer? Should should be running just HE.

Comment

Just HE. Normal service was resumed next time I ran into a Lee

Comment

Working...
                          X