New to WoT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to WoT

Hi I'm a new player to WoT and well I find it quite a hard game do you guys and gals have any tips for a newb?

It's really quite easy actually. What do you find challenging about it?
    A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

The fact that my tank seems to do next to no damage and the other tanks I fight can destroy mine in around 2-3hits

Comment

Originally posted by RagnarBuliwyf View Post
        The fact that my tank seems to do next to no damage and the other tanks I fight can destroy mine in around 2-3hits
        What tanks do you have right now?
        A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

I have a T57,t1 cunningham,pzkdfw II and A leichttraktor
          all have everything researched for them the only tank I seem to be doing will in is the leichttracktor to be honest.

Comment

Hi I'm a new player to WoT and well I find it quite a hard game do you guys and gals have any tips for a newb?
            Do not be a part of a "Lemming Rush" at the beginning of a match.

Use cover advantageously; you can hide behind bushes and--to a lesser degree--trees, but neither will stop a round. On the other hand, it is hard to shoot what you cannot see. Hiding behind rocks will prevent enemy tanks from hitting you.

Artillery is very dangerous. If possible, put a building, boulder, or some other obstacle between you and enemy artillery.

If you are facing an enemy tank, pressing the X key will put your tank in a hull down position. (I don't really know if this is all that beneficial, but it won't hurt to use it. )

Tank destroyers and self-propelled guns should stay hidden. Hide behind bushes, behind trees, etc. Since you give away your position when you fire your gun, it is a good idea to relocate after firing if it's feasible to do so.

If you can afford it, buy a camouflage net when it's on sale for half price. It will help keep you safe. I also like equipping my tank destroyer with a Binocular Telescope. Those items can be easily transferred to another vehicle should it be desirable to do so.

In general, let your enemy come to you. It's much safer that way. But on an Encounter or Assault map it will be necessary to go on the offensive unless you are tasked with defending your base. Even on Standard maps you can't normally win by camping your starting position.

If you are in a light tank, go after the enemy artillery. That is always my #1 priority. Artillery fire can be a nightmare if the enemy SPGs aren't silenced early on in a match.

There is a lot of useful information at the World of Tanks Wiki. You might want to check it out.

Don't take things too seriously; it's only a game. The Random Battles have plenty of idiots that may even cause your team to lose. Don't let them spoil your fun.

I hope that helps you out. Good luck and have fun!
            "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

It does man thanks a lot for the help I'll keep all that in mind as I quite like WoT

Comment

Originally posted by Greybriar View Post
                Do not be a part of a "Lemming Rush" at the beginning of a match.
                Yep. Sit back and snipe while they suicide into the enemy.

Use cover advantageously; you can hide behind bushes and--to a lesser degree--trees, but neither will stop a round. On the other hand, it is hard to shoot what you cannot see. Hiding behind rocks will prevent enemy tanks from hitting you.
                Yep. There are 3 kinds of cover: Soft, which are bushes that can conceal you but offer no protection from enemy shells. Hard, which are stone walls and other destructibles that can block an incoming round but are easily destroyed. (These are good for hiding your lower glacis) And indestructible, rocks and houses that cannot be shot through and will protect you from artillery. Learning how to use these types of cover is the key to the game.

Artillery is very dangerous. If possible, put a building, boulder, or some other obstacle between you and enemy artillery.
                Yep.

If you are facing an enemy tank, pressing the X key will put your tank in a hull down position. (I don't really know if this is all that beneficial, but it won't hurt to use it. )
                No. The X key is for TDs and SPGs only, and all it does is lock your hull. Going hull down is dependent on the terrain.

Tank destroyers and self-propelled guns should stay hidden. Hide behind bushes, behind trees, etc. Since you give away your position when you fire your gun, it is a good idea to relocate after firing if it's feasible to do so.
                Yep,

If you can afford it, buy a camouflage net when it's on sale for half price. It will help keep you safe. I also like equipping my tank destroyer with a Binocular Telescope. Those items can be easily transferred to another vehicle should it be desirable to do so.
                Binos and Camo net are a must have for TDs and sniper tanks. You'll want a gun rammer on practically every tank you own as well.

In general, let your enemy come to you. It's much safer that way. But on an Encounter or Assault map it will be necessary to go on the offensive unless you are tasked with defending your base. Even on Standard maps you can't normally win by camping your starting position.
                Yep. Don't camp base, move out a little bit and find a good defensive position then wait for the enemy.

If you are in a light tank, go after the enemy artillery. That is always my #1 priority. Artillery fire can be a nightmare if the enemy SPGs aren't silenced early on in a match.
                Suicide rushing the enemy artillery is the least valuable thing a scout can do, but if you're inexperienced it's the only thing you can do.

There is a lot of useful information at the World of Tanks Wiki. You might want to check it out.
                Yep.

Comment

I have a T57,t1 cunningham,pzkdfw II and A leichttraktor
                  all have everything researched for them the only tank I seem to be doing will in is the leichttracktor to be honest.
                  You should have no trouble dominating in the T57, it's a good artillery piece. The T1 Cunningham is probably the best tier one, and can fight Tier II tanks successfully. The Panzer II is good I guess, I've seen some people play it very well, but it's play style requires a little bit more skill because it has an autocannon. You can't sit back and snipe, you have to brawl. You want to get up close to an enemy tank and unload your entire mag into their flank or rear that way every round penetrates and deals damage.

Comment

Thanks,yea I was using my T57 today and I managed to get 2kills in the match which I was quite happy with.
                    I'll probably keep using that for a while.

Comment

Do you have a Replay we can assess?

In the past I've found it useful for helping people.
                      Winnie says
                      ---------------------------------
                      "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
                      Herr Flick.

Comment

Sorry replay? I really don't know unless it does it automaticly

Comment

Menu > Settings> "Enable battle recordings" (Check box)

Saves replay files to your Replay folder (in the game directory). Then you upload them to somewhere like Mediafire, and post the link here.
                          Winnie says
                          ---------------------------------
                          "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
                          Herr Flick.

Comment

Alright I'll have one for you by later.

Comment

Here is a link for you http://www.mediafire.com/?p8682k99yi22gud
                              Thats me using arti as I was told to.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X