Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing and Loving it

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Playing and Loving it

    I have been playing this for a few days now. I'm having a blast (pun?). But I'm not very good at it.

    NA server. Hida_Akechi.
    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

  • #2
    It's a good game. If you need pointers just ask. Also, if you have cash I would recommend buying gold so you can get a good money making premium tank. The Type 59 was on sale for $37 awhile ago, if it goes back on sale I'd recommend getting it.
    A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

    Comment


    • #3
      Well, I really like the FREE part of it, and probably can have fun without purchasing gold. I might get some sometime, but FREE is good for me.

      Besides, I'm having fun with the lower-tier stuff at the moment. I'm not out to min/max my playing experience. I'll use what I can get and I'll have fun.

      Though some camo patterns might be worth a tiny bit of cash sometime soon. Only for the tanks I'm planning on keeping.

      Thank you for the offer on pointers. I do seem to have a problem being consistent--destroying 3 tanks in one game then nothing for two or three games. I'm also having problems with my idiotic internet provider not providing reliable service, and my ping rate hovers around 100 at the best of times (and sometimes spikes a lot higher for an annoying long amount of time).
      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
        Thank you for the offer on pointers. I do seem to have a problem being consistent--destroying 3 tanks in one game then nothing for two or three games.
        That's normal. Matchmaker is broken and doesn't take player skill into account, so if you get stuck with a pack of noobs (which is very common at the low tiers you're screwed).

        Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
        I'm also having problems with my idiotic internet provider not providing reliable service, and my ping rate hovers around 100 at the best of times (and sometimes spikes a lot higher for an annoying long amount of time).
        I have the same problem.
        A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

        Comment


        • #5
          Ok. I'm starting to wonder what's best at the lower tiers (I-IV). I am currently using a Pz III Ausf A, with the 50mm gun. I'm grinding it to get to some medium tanks. Or maybe some more German Lights. Not sure where to go with this branch.

          I'm also using my AT-1 quite a bit, with the 57mm instead of the 76mm. Which of those two guns are better consistently? Yours and anyone else's opinions, of course.

          For the USA, I have no idea what to do.

          For France, I am not going to delve into that branch for a long, long time. Though I do notice, and it might just be me, but those French tanks sure can sustain quite a bit of damage, and my shells seem to always bounce off.
          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
            Ok. I'm starting to wonder what's best at the lower tiers (I-IV). I am currently using a Pz III Ausf A, with the 50mm gun. I'm grinding it to get to some medium tanks. Or maybe some more German Lights. Not sure where to go with this branch.
            I enjoyed that line. The Panzer III Ausf A, Panzer III, and Panzer III/IV are all good tanks. The VK 3601 (H) is better than the VK 3001 (H), so I'd go for the former.

            Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
            I'm also using my AT-1 quite a bit, with the 57mm instead of the 76mm. Which of those two guns are better consistently? Yours and anyone else's opinions, of course.
            Haven't used it, so I wouldn't know. I will say this though.

            Guns are all about trade offs. You'll seldom find a gun that can do everything well, so you need to look at the type of tank you have, it's attributes, your play style, and decide what gun is best for you.

            If you've got a fast medium and you like to move around a lot you're going to want an accurate gun with a fast reload speed with acceptable penetration and damage. If you have a slow heavy then you'll probably want a gun with high pen and high damage, and you'll have to deal with low accuracy and slow reload.

            Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
            For the USA, I have no idea what to do.
            I'm no expert there either. They have good TDs and Mediums though.

            Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
            For France, I am not going to delve into that branch for a long, long time. Though I do notice, and it might just be me, but those French tanks sure can sustain quite a bit of damage, and my shells seem to always bounce off.
            I wouldn't bother with the Frenchies.
            A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

            Comment


            • #7
              I would say that the French tanks are the best. Their guns have GREAT pen and damage. The 13 90, a VII, can hit a VIII and IX HARD! They are fast and agile. Their armor is sloped and so most shots ricochet. They have a 6 shot magazine which can tank out about any VII, then you can run back and reload. They are a great line for bringing in the kills and damage!

              With the American I would either get an arty or a med.

              Germany has a pretty good set of trees as well. Their TDs are very good with a good gun and good frontal armor. The Panther is a very good tank.

              Russia isn't to bad. Their heavies have very good armor and guns! though some of them are rather slow at times. The T-50-2 is the best scout in the game unbeatable speed, great gun (for its tier)! I have been able to take out a X with it! The T 54 a IX med looks like a great tank though maybe not as good as the Bat.

              One piece of advice. Find a X or IX that you want and work torwards it. The sooner that you really start grinding the closer that you will be to the top tanks. If you keep jumping from tree to tree you are going to be wasting time xp and credits.

              If you have a question just ask it, we will see what we can do to answer it.

              Over all I would get a German heavy, E100. French medium Bat. American arty. Russian scout, T-50-2, and another heavy IS-4.

              Make sure that you do explore the French line you don't know how good it is until you get it. Great line, great tanks, great fun!
              In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes
              - Benjamin Franklin, U.S. statesman, author, and scientist

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                I'm also using my AT-1 quite a bit, with the 57mm instead of the 76mm. Which of those two guns are better consistently? Yours and anyone else's opinions, of course.
                All depends on your style of play, however: At the starting levels accuracy and ROF are the important numbers. Why because you'll be facing Lightly armoured boxes, and lots of them! By the Time you hit Tier 4-5 then you need to start taking into account Penetration and firing signature.
                However in most cases there's only one good gun per tank.

                Personally I'd use the 57mm gun all the way up until the top gun on the SU-85B.
                Winnie says
                ---------------------------------
                "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

                It was an Accident."
                Herr Flick.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I got all the america lines expect for the new TD.

                  I love the M26 and T29. they are my best tanks.
                  Are we there yet?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I got my first real medium, a PzIII armed with a 75mm KwK 37 L24. Up until I put the big gun on it I was have some great fun. Though most of the time I'm pitted against Tier VII and up. That's not fun seeing Tigers on the opposing side, knowing that I can't even scratch them.

                    But, this 75mm is too slow at loading compared to my old 50mm KwK 38 L42 and the accuracy is not good. I might switch back while I'm putting some research into a 50mm KwK 39 L60 which is more accurate and has better average pentration.

                    As for grinding to get the highest tier tanks...I'll get to them eventually. I like the lower tier stuff and am having fun right now. I'll get a better medium for the German tree and then work on some Soviet stuff. Still can't decide on the US side. Nothing really appeals to me at the moment.

                    I haven't tried artillery yet. Might give that a shot soon.
                    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Johnny_Reb View Post
                      I would say that the French tanks are the best....
                      I couldn't resist mentioning that I just read on another forum that the French tanks are the worst. I am not saying that they are, just that opinions vary widely. It's all a matter of personal perspective and no two of us are exactly alike.

                      My personal favorite is the SU-26. It is the only artillery in the game that has a turret and it is literally a blast to play.
                      "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I am getting a little tired of this random tier system when playing random battles. My tier IV panzer has no business being in the same battlers and an IS or Tiger. I even saw a Tier 2 against some Tier 7s (platoons maybe?). I would prefer a system that makes a little more sense; like:

                        Tier 1
                        Tier 2-3
                        Tier 4-5
                        Tier 6-7
                        Tier 8-9
                        Tier 10

                        You only play against the bracket you fall under.
                        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                          I am getting a little tired of this random tier system when playing random battles. My tier IV panzer has no business being in the same battlers and an IS or Tiger. I even saw a Tier 2 against some Tier 7s (platoons maybe?). I would prefer a system that makes a little more sense; like:

                          Tier 1
                          Tier 2-3
                          Tier 4-5
                          Tier 6-7
                          Tier 8-9
                          Tier 10

                          You only play against the bracket you fall under.
                          Too logical.
                          A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                            I am getting a little tired of this random tier system when playing random battles. My tier IV panzer has no business being in the same battlers and an IS or Tiger. I even saw a Tier 2 against some Tier 7s (platoons maybe?). I would prefer a system that makes a little more sense; like:

                            Tier 1
                            Tier 2-3
                            Tier 4-5
                            Tier 6-7
                            Tier 8-9
                            Tier 10

                            You only play against the bracket you fall under.
                            But that is what makes it a challenge. A couple things. Arty wouldn't be able to play at all. A tier 4 arty gets put into tier 8 and 9 matches. Because it can one shot tier 4s and some times a tier 5.

                            The thing to remember is to attack the tanks that are your tier. A common mistake that people make is they look at the top tanks and decide that they can't do anything because they are too small. They shouldn't look at the op tanks but the tanks directly across from them.

                            The matches get better the higher you go.

                            Just give it some time.
                            In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes
                            - Benjamin Franklin, U.S. statesman, author, and scientist

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Greybriar View Post
                              I couldn't resist mentioning that I just read on another forum that the French tanks are the worst. I am not saying that they are, just that opinions vary widely. It's all a matter of personal perspective and no two of us are exactly alike.

                              My personal favorite is the SU-26. It is the only artillery in the game that has a turret and it is literally a blast to play.
                              The people that say that they are bad are people that always get killed by them. It is a thing of hate because they are so good.

                              French tanks have to be played like a small scout/light tank with a BIG gun, and good armor. You have to hit from the sides and back. Wait for to big guys to face off then come in for the kill and pound in your 6 shots, which will probably finish him off. If you look yup my username on the game client you will see that they are pretty good tanks for damage and kills. Desert_Fox2
                              In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes
                              - Benjamin Franklin, U.S. statesman, author, and scientist

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X