El Alamein Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Alamein Special

Just a heads-up. The El Alamein Special is scheduled for this weekend, October 21 23. No details are available yet, but the vehicles featured will be:

USA:
    • T25 - AT
    • M36 Slugger
    • M3 Lee
    • M7 Priest

German:
    • Hetzer
    • PzKpfw III
    • VK 3002 (DB)
    • Grille
    "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Thanks, Greybriar.

What's the "special"? Do you get more gold/xp? Would be nice to know some details.
    RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Originally posted by Greybriar View Post
      Just a heads-up. The El Alamein Special is scheduled for this weekend, October 21 23. No details are available yet, but the vehicles featured will be:

USA:
      • T25 - AT
      • M36 Slugger
      • M3 Lee
      • M7 Priest

German:
      • Hetzer
      • PzKpfw III
      • VK 3002 (DB)
      • Grille
      El Alamein. USA v Germany

Comment

Originally posted by redcoat View Post
        El Alamein. USA v Germany
        <chuckle>

I hadn't even given it that much thought. Good point
        RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Comment

Originally posted by LongBlade View Post
          Thanks, Greybriar.

What's the "special"? Do you get more gold/xp? Would be nice to know some details.
          You're welcome, LongBlade.

If it goes anything like the previous specials, Dailies (first victorious battle of the day for each vehicle) will yield 5x (experience and credits IIRC) instead of the 2x of normal dailies. In addition the featured vehicles will get extra experience and/or credits from normal battles.

But to be sure, we will have to wait for official information.
          Last edited by Greybriar; 19 Oct 11, 19:53.
          "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Another thing
            Of the 8 AFVs mentioned, only 3 ever took part in the North African Campaign ( 2 of them were never built at all )

Historical accuracy doesn't seem to be a strong point of this game.

Comment

Another thing
              Of the 8 AFVs mentioned, only 3 ever took part in the North African Campaign ( 2 of them were never built at all )

No, it's not. There are a number of theoretical vehicles. It seems they included a number of them that were simply on the drawing boards at the time - I can't see any other way that a T-54 makes it into the game.

It is fun, though, and considering the price it's worth a try to see if you like it.

Comment

World of Tanks is a lot like Fighter Ace was for flying games. It's not accurate. It's not meant to be. The developers threw in a bunch of cool looking tanks that shoot each other in a huge arena. You can play Soviet, American, and German tanks all on the same team.

It's not a bad game in short doses. It's simple enough to pick up and figure out in 10 minutes and engaging enough to allow you some fun for a battle or two an evening without getting too boring.

It's free to play. So you aren't out much if you don't like it. The caveat is that people who purchase the premium accounts and buy in-game currency are going to get better tanks faster than you.

Ben
                "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by LongBlade View Post
                  No, it's not. There are a number of theoretical vehicles. It seems they included a number of them that were simply on the drawing boards at the time - I can't see any other way that a T-54 makes it into the game.

It is fun, though, and considering the price it's worth a try to see if you like it.
                  In my youth I use to be a wargamer, but I couldn't play this game. It's total lack of historical accuracy would just wind me up

Comment

Another thing

Wait until the French tree shows up, its about 50% Drawing baord jobs.
                    Winnie says
                    ---------------------------------
                    "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
                    Herr Flick.

Comment

In my youth I use to be a wargamer, but I couldn't play this game. It's total lack of historical accuracy would just wind me up
                      I dunno. I'm a long-time wargamer going back to old school Avalon Hill.

World Tanks is fun. They've tried to implement certain aspects of history - technological development that goes down to the turret and chassis and engine, but other aspects are purely for fun.

If you look at it as a fun game, similar to an FPS but with tanks, I think you might enjoy it.

Besides, it's free. How can you complain?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X