The myth of overpowered Russian tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The myth of overpowered Russian tanks

Maybe that was the case before the patch that introduced the new German food additives to the game.... but now that's certainly not the case. My IS-4 is no match to German 9-10 tier heavies, and now my newly acquired IS-7 isn't either.

Originally posted by Imperial View Post
    Maybe that was the case before the patch that introduced the new German food additives to the game.... but now that's certainly not the case. My IS-4 is no match to German 9-10 tier heavies, and now my newly acquired IS-7 isn't either.
    Wow. Thanks for the update. I will have to fire up the game and look at it.
    RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Starting from the north on Lakeville I took up a defensive position for our team at the start of the central dirt track. I was in an Easy 8 and a Jagdpanther came up. I did some damage to him but all of his shots deflected so he pulled back.

A bit later a T34-85 shows up and charges at me. I shot him at least 3 times at point blank range and did no more than 30 damage. Whereas his shots do great damage to my tank and on the third one my M4A3E8 brews up.

Came across a similar incident just now on Himmelsdorf with the T-43. Again I shoot this tank three times at point blank range and all I get is, 'that one didn't go through', 'we just dinged 'em' and 'ricochet'. The T-43 brews me up in 2-3 shots.

The tanks I hate going up against the most are the Lwe and Type 59. IMHO, the Type 59 is pushing it period wise. My poor M4 and Easy 8 go up against those things regularly and do little in the way of damage to them and the armour on my tanks just can't take what they dish out.

I'm looking forward to the 'Historical Battle' game mode so I don't have to put up with those tanks.
      Last edited by Mackie; 17 Oct 11, 04:16.

Comment

I bought a Type 59 for the fun factor and because all my free XP went into the Maus branch instead of the Russian T-54 one. It was worth it.

On the other hand, the IS-7 is so lousy I feel all my effort was a complete waste.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X