The Cycle is Complete - World of Battleships announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cycle is Complete - World of Battleships announced

They don't have much to show yet, but World of Tanks is now a trifecta with World of Warplanes and World of Battleships. There is talk that somehow they will all be put together into one world, with the ability to transfer XP between the 3 games. Its unclear if they will ever be designed to fight concurrently (air, land, sea fighting on the same map at the same time).

Personally I hope they keep them separate. I love tanks. I hate airplanes when I'm driving my tank (Battlefield 2 sucked on tank/air maps for me). I realize of course that real war has mixed elements, but in a gaming situation the rock paper scissors matrix of land combat / air combat / air defense never seems to work.

It will be interesting to see how the 3 worlds meet.
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Well I hope they don't combine them either. Catching a salvo from a 15" battery while trying to engage an enemy tank in my own would be annoying.
    BoRG
    "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

Comment

Hmm, blending the worlds would be interesting...it would perhaps require more teamwork. Otherwise I'm not sure how that would turn out. Maybe if they kept the ships' sight for tanks dumbed down a lot it would be better (maybe requiring tanks to mark certain sectors so ships can fire on it, but not directly at the tank). They might make it so tanks can be seen if they're not covered up, and are not seen if they are covered (by trees, rocks, etc), at least for pilots.

But as far as World of Battleships, good God the sea space would have to be HUGE!
      "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

The accounts will be linked. SO you can use gold, silver and Free EXP on whichever game. Earnings in one game go to the others.

They've also suggested that the clan wars maps may well be linked.

It has been said many many many times that game play will never be linked.
        Winnie says
        ---------------------------------
        "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
        Herr Flick.

Comment

That might be a good idea.

I'm not sure linking gameplay would be good unless serious balancing things were done like I mentioned, but I think that say adding a 'Infantry support' game mode to WoT would be interesting-on certain maps you have to support AI infantry...not sure how that would work out in practice, though.

For World of Battleships, possibly a sore bombardment type minigame? Just trying to think of ways to change up each game without linking gameplay...
          "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

It looks like their are going to be two seprate clients. But the accouts will be linked. Here
            In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes
            - Benjamin Franklin, U.S. statesman, author, and scientist

Comment

Sounds good. I would definitely like to try WoWP and WoBB.

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X