Rift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rift

Would anyone care to share his / her opinions about RIFT? Here is the latest video.
    "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

I've never heard of it. Sorry.
    RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

If anyone in the United States is interested, GoGamer has Rift priced at $39.90 (20% off) during its current 48-Hr Madness Sale.
      "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

The zones are very generic and small. The world is different and the Rifts are neat but short. I am not sure how the end game will play out or PvP but I would not expect anything amazing out of the rest of the game.
        Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

-Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

I have come across some more information about the game and it looks to me like its PvP will prevent a lot of gamers from playing it. At least I won't be buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Greybriar View Post
            I have come across some more information about the game and it looks to me like its PvP will prevent a lot of gamers from playing it. At least I won't be buying it.

What information did you find?

Given what I have seen, I will be passing on this one for at least a while until it proves to be something special.

-Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Originally posted by InfinitusOdium View Post
              What information did you find?

Given what I have seen, I will be passing on this one for at least a while until it proves to be something special.
              I can't find the information. I did find this thread about Rift's PvP and more in its wiki, but it doesn't read anything like what I had read previously. It appears Rift's PvP is similar to World of WarCraft's PvP.

I will also be passing on it for now until, as you posted: it proves to be something special.

Comment

Yep, good links and I think you are correct.

-Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Geez, if people are arguing like that over the pvp aspects and who has the bigger...........sword already, and it is only beta, well, I think I will stick with warhammer.

For its faults, Warhammer online is still the best pvp game out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                    Geez, if people are arguing like that over the pvp aspects and who has the bigger...........sword already, and it is only beta, well, I think I will stick with warhammer.

For its faults, Warhammer online is still the best pvp game out there.
                    +1

Actually DAOC is my favorite mmo of all time. I try to go back now and then but it is never the same. Maybe that is just true of memories I suppose. They are always better than the real thing.

Warhammer is a close 2nd as it is made by Mythic and I am a huge Warhammer fan. There was just something about it that didn't hook me long term. Maybe I should go give it another shot.

The only problem I have with the open RvR is that you die in 1 sec. DAOC is horrid about this and WAR is not far off but a little better.

I am playing LOTRO at the moment. Well, I say "playing" as it is free to play and I haven't logged in for a while. Maybe that is why I like it right now. I don't HAVE to log in. I feel with MMOs that if I pay I have to force myself to play more then I don't like it.

Anyway, back to Rift. I think that people complaining about loot is the future. MMO gamers are just like that now. When MMOs came out it was about the adventure and such. Now, it is just a loot fest. Maybe that is why I always dream of going back to old MMOs....

I have a couple friends who will be playing Rift. They always play the hot new MMO and quit very fast so I will wait and see what they think about the launch.

-Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

RIFT spammers are all over Warhammer Online. I can't log on at any time without having to suffer some one spamming "warhammer is dead, come to RIFT".

That alone makes me not want to play the game.

Comment

So much for Rift then. Thanks for the input, Martok. That reminds me a lot of the immature behavior I have seen so much of since I began playing MMORPGs in 1999. Of the online games I've played, Lord of the Rings Online probably has the most mature players. I just wish I liked it more than I do.

Comment

MMO players in general are getting worse and worse.

WoW did some good things for MMO gaming but it also brought in a very horrid crowd to mmos. I have played just about every MMO since UO and the whole MMO community is worse after WoW.

There are still some good people out there but they are harder and harder to find.

-Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Re Rift

I played Rift during beta 5 - 7. I tried a few classes , the highest being a 26 mage specced on Necro abilities with the strong pet. I liked this class but the mage overall doesnt do high enough dps for being such a squishy easy to kill class. Regardless , i like having a good pet to go in and hold aggro while i load em up with dots and dd so i will play this class come the official launch , which is in a week.
                            The majority of players felt the Mage was underpowered, the Rogue , Warrior and Cleric class overpowered. That is based on what ive seen in game, discussed in game chat and read in the Rift forums.

I played Everquest when it first came out and maxed out several classes and loved it. Wow i never did like, it seemed way too easy after playing EQ. I played Warhammer and liked it but most players left and i did too.They never did develop the economy , crafting side to the depth of something like Wow did. Aion was another MMO i liked initially, especially the economy there. However it was a real grind - too many hours to level up and way too many bot's. I messaged Aion many times and the bots were allowed to continue so i quit that.

Rift looks very promising and i have pre ordered it for myself and my wife. Im hoping she will like it as much as i do , it will be her first MMO. She did like playing the beta but my attempts to talk her into playing a healer to heal me failed, she wants her own starring role.

As far as pvp goes - there are pvp servers and pve servers. If you dont like pvp you dont ever have to on a pve server .

As in anything there are annoying people and ones you like. The same as at work or just driving to work and seeing the antics of some drivers. Play with the ones you like and it can be a lot of fun

Comment

I had a buddy recommend Rift to me via Facebook last night. He just said he really liked it.

I do have a word to the wise: I just clicked on Greybriar's link to the video. If you're going to create a AAA no-flaws-out-of-the-box game...remember to allocate enough bandwidth to your video so it doesn't stutter.
                              RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X