Cataclysm in stores

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cataclysm in stores

As if any of you WoW players could have missed it...

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/world...-in-stores.htm
    RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

I made the mistake of putting WoW back on recently for ol'times sake. Hadn't played it since vanilla.

God damn it sucks now. Either I suddenly got l33t or they made it really REALLY easy. So dumbed down (and it was never highbrow to begin with) you can hear the drool splashing to the floor.

Comment

Hmmm. I haven't played it since it was in Beta. Never heard that angle, though. Not that I disagree, but it's an interesting observation. Do you like any MMOs out now?
      RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

My son went digital release early (so as to avoid the rush) and is playing.

Buddy of mine though did the midnight release option. I guess he likes the collectors edition and the social event angle.

Not that my town ever really had much potential of an 'event'. We just don't have the population to make it real.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I made the mistake of putting WoW back on recently for ol'times sake. Hadn't played it since vanilla.

God damn it sucks now. Either I suddenly got l33t or they made it really REALLY easy. So dumbed down (and it was never highbrow to begin with) you can hear the drool splashing to the floor.
          Hear hear, i always found it to be more about grind than skill, hence why i moved to EvE
          Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we may become.

Comment

Originally posted by LongBlade View Post
            Hmmm. I haven't played it since it was in Beta. Never heard that angle, though. Not that I disagree, but it's an interesting observation. Do you like any MMOs out now?
            Seems to me that back in the day getting to 60 was the acheivement, you didn't even get a mount till 40. You had to work at it to get decent sets etc. Miraculously Blizzard still had my old account lying around so I pulled him out of cryo. When I stopped playing I was doing mostly PvP in the battlegrounds but never made it past the highest "NCO" rank on the old system. To get the warlord PvP set was nigh on impossible. When I logged in all my old PvP reputation was converted to tokens and I had enough after 2 weeks of playing in AV to buy the Warlord set.

You now get experience for mining, picking flowers, fighting in battlegrounds. About the only thing you dont get experience for is dropping trou and squeezing out a Cleveland steamer.

Seems to me everyone wants to be at 80 (or is it 85 now) so they can grind their dailies and pose in shiny armour, **** knows why. Seems the lunatics have taken control of the asylum

EVE was my other love, the original crazy miner man. Used to make ISK hand over fist mining ice before the Chinese killed the market.

I've kind of given up on MMO's, I thought of downloading the EVE client but I'd be devestated if my old buds had hung up their pods.

Greasy Bugger, if you still "play" EVE can you see if a couple folk still haunt lo-sec?

Comment

My girlfriend plays WOW, but she's far from a hardcore player. She recently picked up the first two expansions, but isn't planning on getting Cataclysm anytime soon.

On the other hand, my girlfriend did wait in line with her best friend (who *is* a hardcore WOW player) for an hour so that she could pick up Cataclysm for both her and her boyfriend. I'm half-amazed they didn't have to wait longer than that!

Originally posted by Fodder76 View Post
              You now get experience for mining, picking flowers, fighting in battlegrounds. About the only thing you dont get experience for is dropping trou and squeezing out a Cleveland steamer.
              XP for picking flowers?? You're not serious!
              "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by Kahless View Post
                XP for picking flowers?? You're not serious!
                You defo get XP for mining since the pre-cataclysm patch, I assume that the Herbalism skill and Leatherworking skills now give XP as well.

Comment

"On the other hand, my girlfriend did wait in line with her best friend (who *is* a hardcore WOW player) for an hour so that she could pick up Cataclysm for both her and her boyfriend. I'm half-amazed they didn't have to wait longer than that!"

Tell her if she was truly hardcore, she would have had it downloaded weeks before, and would have been like my son, annoyed that it took a whole 20 minutes to log in the second the game went operational
                  Life is change. Built models for decades.
                  Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                  I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

My son plays WoW, and is pestering me to buy this expansion. But he will have to wait until christmas.

I still hang out in the Warhamer universe, which does, even if I say so myself, take some skill to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Fodder76 View Post
                      You defo get XP for mining since the pre-cataclysm patch, I assume that the Herbalism skill and Leatherworking skills now give XP as well.
                      That's both funny and disturbing in the same breath.

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
                      Tell her if she was truly hardcore, she would have had it downloaded weeks before, and would have been like my son, annoyed that it took a whole 20 minutes to log in the second the game went operational
                      Given how fanatic about WOW my girlfriend has described her friend as being, I'm actually surprised she didn't do exactly that. Maybe she's one of those slightly masochistic types who actually enjoys waiting in line (for the "experience" of it)? I've certainly heard of stranger things....

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                      I still hang out in the Warhamer universe, which does, even if I say so myself, take some skill to survive.
                      What makes it so difficult to stay alive in WHO? A lot of vicious PvP action going on? Dangerous PvE content? I confess I've never gotten into Warhammer, so I don't really know what one might expect in an MMO based on the franchise (other than that it's probably going to be a crapsack world).
                      "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X