No announcement yet.

Lotro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok so me and a buddy were playing LOTR conquest for xbox which made us remember this game and sure enough last night we redownloaded the game. i have a level 17 hobbit warden on one account (cant remember my 1st account name). I'm on the Brandywine server.

Was wondering what servers others were of maybe some of us could game together
    Last edited by Jay217; 23 Feb 11, 16:59.
    God didnít create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Comment

Turbune said that their revenue tripled once they went Free to Play. So I would imagine this game will be around for some time to come.

Ben
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."ó Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Leftie View Post
        Turbune said that their revenue tripled once they went Free to Play. So I would imagine this game will be around for some time to come.

Ben
        Wow. Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
        RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Originally posted by LongBlade View Post
          Wow. Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Err Turbine even...

The thing I always loved the most about LotRO was the music system they have. You can even hook a keyboard up to your pc and use it to play all the instruments .

Ben
          "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."ó Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Jay217 View Post
            ok so me and a buddy were playing LOTR conquest for xbox which made us remember this game and sure enough last night we redownloaded the game. i have a level 17 hobbit warden on one account (cant remember my 1st account name). I'm on the Brandywine server.

Was wondering what servers others were of maybe some of us could game together
            You can look out for members of the "Gathering of Grognards" kin (on Landroval), which is a bunch of wargamers mostly from gamesquad.

Most of us got fed up with the game now, though.

Comment

I played it in xbox360, lvl 56. But I have stop playing it for a while.

Comment

Rise of Isengard

New trailer for the upcoming expansion Rise if Isengard:

Comment

If you become a Weaponsmith or Metalsmith, also take Prospector. If you want to make money with your craft, also become prospector. A smith needs metal ingots for his crafts, and these go for at least 10 silver in the AH, so you better off getting them yourself.
                  Reaction to the 2016 Munich shootings:
                  Europe: "We are shocked and support you in these harsh times, we stand by you."
                  USA: "We will check people from Germany extra-hard and it is your own damn fault for being so stupid."

Comment

I got an E-mail yesterday begging me to come back to this game. But I don't know, grinding through to the point where I would be able to play in the expansion just doesn't sound too fun. I am having enough trouble grinding through STO.

Comment

I went back. The new code changes are reasonable, they didn't wreck the game any more. I changed from subscription to one-time payments. Some overly Nazi forum steering has also stopped (still not good but better than it was).

Comment

i played it its realy great but i stopped becouse it takes to much time

Comment

I shied away from MMO when it was affecting my work.. but I really enjoyed lotro. Oh dear, I miss my Minstrel. =P

Comment

I received the following in an email from Turbine last night:

Greetings,

Turbine is concerned that a third-party recently may have attempted to access forum account information. There is no indication at this time that your account was modified or compromised. For your protection we suggest you change the password to a unique, hard to guess password not associated with any other sites or services. If you changed your password after October 11th, then you can disregard this message.

To change your password, please follow these steps:

1. Go to https://myaccount.turbine.com/ and click on "Forgot your password?" You may also click this in the game launcher.

2. Follow the instructions on how to recover your password. A new password will be sent to this e-mail address.

3. Once you have received the password reset e-mail, change your password. Please remember to use unique, hard-to guess passwords that are not associated with other online services or sites.

Turbine takes your account security seriously. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at https://support.turbine.com/. You may submit a new inquiry to our Customer Service team, and they will be able to assist you further.

Thank you,

Turbine Support

The email is on the level according to this thread on the LotRO official forums.
                            Last edited by Greybriar; 18 Oct 11, 14:37. Reason: Updated information
                            "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Yeah, there was a security breach that exposed at least the passwords. Remember that the passwords for game and forum and website are now all the same (Turbine unified them September 2010 after years of telling people they must use two passwords for security reasons ).

The important thing for some users is that you need to think whether you have reused that same password on other websites.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X