• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotro

Anyone playing this?
    Our Aion guild moved over.
    I have a lvl23 Guardian.
    AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
    The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Lord of the Rings Online?

Comment

I was playing it until recently, unfortunately North America and Europe have separate servers. Good game though, might reactivate soon, I'm starting to miss Mirkwood...

Here's a screen shot of my character, Lvl 65 Elf Hunter on the shores of Lake Evendim, with Annuminas in the background:

Last edited by Boonierat; 22 Nov 10, 12:41.

Comment

Are you playing the new F2P version by the way Dun? how do you like the game so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
          Are you playing the new F2P version by the way Dun? how do you like the game so far?
          Yes. Although I have spent about $20 on TP to get some content, cosmetics, and virtue slots.

I'm not a huge MMO fan. I can never keep up with people because I don't play eight hours a day. I'm lvl23 after a couple of months. But I enjoy the LOTR theme and playing in groups with my guild's alts. The instances are a lot of fun.

Comment

I loved the game played it a bit before Mines of Moria even came out. Do you know if this F2P version will resurrect by account i had from a while back?? it was lots of fun for what i played. got to lvl 20ish? and then played as Evil forces for my last little bit of subscription ( only did a 1 month deal)
            God didnít create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Comment

Originally posted by Jay217 View Post
              I loved the game played it a bit before Mines of Moria even came out. Do you know if this F2P version will resurrect by account i had from a while back?? it was lots of fun for what i played. got to lvl 20ish? and then played as Evil forces for my last little bit of subscription ( only did a 1 month deal)
              Not sure you can reactivate an old account using F2P, but I strongly suggest you try the Mines of Moria and Mirkwood extensions, truly amazing. I wish they'll be able to cover all of Middle Earth in the future, large bits are still missing, including Rohan, Gondor and Mordor (I believe a new chapter of Volume III is out too, including the new Enedwaith area south of Eregion).

Comment

I have an open account still, but don't play that often. My son does, he has his character up to about level 30.

Comment

Not sure you can reactivate an old account using F2P, but I strongly suggest you try the Mines of Moria and Mirkwood extensions, truly amazing. I wish they'll be able to cover all of Middle Earth in the future, large bits are still missing, including Rohan, Gondor and Mordor (I believe a new chapter of Volume III is out too, including the new Enedwaith area south of Eregion).
                  Drat. I was really hoping for some Mordor content.

Comment

Man, I have seriously got to fire this up again. The game's been sitting on my PC since it became F2P, but I've hardly dug into it at all yet. I love Tolkien's world, and this is one of the only MMO's that holds any appeal for me.
                    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                      Drat. I was really hoping for some Mordor content.
                      Angmar will give you a good preview of what to expect (hate the place, too creepy)

Comment

Angmar will give you a good preview of what to expect (hate the place, too creepy)
                        I'm told that an Isengard expansion is coming out Feb 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                          I'm told that an Isengard expansion is coming out Feb 2011.
                          Well let's hope it includes Rohan, or at least Fangorn.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay217 View Post
                            Your old account will still be there. Only tricky parts might be: remembering your login/pswd, and remembering which server your characters were on. If you have that covered you'll be able to login and find them exactly where you left them. If you still have the old game installed, you can fire it up and let it patch up and be off and running as soon as that completes.

Comment

Well let's hope it includes Rohan, or at least Fangorn.
                              The next expansion will have three regions:

- Dunland (the remaining land south of Eregion and Enedwaith before you get to the Gap of Rohan.
                              - Gap of Rohan
                              - Isengard

No main Rohan I'm afraid. I presume the planned story line wants to get past dealing with Saruman in the books before taking us into Rohan, then Gondor, then...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X