No announcement yet.

EvE Online, one of the best MMORPGs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I really like about EVE is that there IS a penalty for getting killed (podded). Unlike other games where you respawn with everything you had, in EVE, you start all the way over equipemt wise (and skill wise if you don't have an up to date clone). It makes you think more before doing something stupid.

To that end,,,First Law: never fly what you can't afford to lose. Just like everyone says.

My charector does a bit of everything. I may not be the most powerful, but if I lose a ship I can make a new one from a blueprint I have on hand, minerals I've already mined, and spare parts I've kept in stock. I also do invention so I have T2 parts on hand as well.

I'm not much of a PvP per and in fact have been podded many times. It annoys me but having those kind of setbacks is all part of the game. It helps "keep it real" so to speak.

In short, if you're going to whine about losing your ship, don't pick a violent profession!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=HrrVDV_NsNo

EVE Online: Crucible Trailer

Comment

I have heard of EVE online, and even tried it once for few days. I love the graphic and the game in whole. That is why I quit it. It is too addictive.

Comment

Originally posted by Navalava View Post
          I have heard of EVE online, and even tried it once for few days. I love the graphic and the game in whole. That is why I quit it. It is too addictive.
          I totally agree! Eve was the only game I MADE myself take breaks from. It would consume entire evenings and sometimes days for me. I have been playing on a 3 months on/2 months off cycle now for the past 2 years and it seems to be working. When I first started playing back in 2006, I was playing 2-3 hours per day minimum...way too much for me :P

Comment

the game is really complicated, but when you know how to play its amazing
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0O3Xl6a4wc
            this video shows the scale that some of the ships can get.
            i definitely recommend everyone at least try it.

Comment

Comment

Apparently the game is not without its intrigue:

Comment

Or scams either.

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

The game is pretty much like real life. People are always looking for ways to screw other people over.

The key is to find a good alliance or corp to get in with that does not take advantage of its members and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
                      The game is pretty much like real life. People are always looking for ways to screw other people over.

The key is to find a good alliance or corp to get in with that does not take advantage of its members and have fun.
                      Don't trust anyone. A member of the corporation I was in stole all its assets and even created a contract (which he accepted as an officer of the corporation!) that gave him a large percentage of all future income of the corporation. At that point, we (the members of said corporation) dissolved the corporation.

Another limited membership corporation composed of players who had been old "friends" for years had its headquarters assaulted by one of its members. The traitor had built ships near the corporate HQ and when he had enough firepower, he overwhelmed the HQ's defenses.

Then there are the "lesser" misbehaviors like destroying a player's spacecraft and its escape pod. That was the final straw with me and I quit playing EVE Online. My only regret is that I left my oldest online gaming friend to fend for himself.

But I will never play EVE Online again!
                      "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X