Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EvE Online, one of the best MMORPGs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I can't get my screen shots to post. Anyone willing to walk me through it I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by Martok; 13 Sep 09, 17:00.

    Comment


    • #47
      It's an...ok game. It's not worth paying for each month. There's not enough to make the universe interesting...just pirates, other players and asteroids pretty much...

      Comment


      • #48
        it is really old game now...you need to spend so much time to it.

        Comment


        • #49
          Im still playing it every night or about 4 hours each time. On saturdays and sundays I play it all day and in to the night. There is so much you can do. i havent had this much fun since EQ

          Comment


          • #50
            Here's a review. I love this reviewer. He's hilarious.

            http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...208-Eve-Online

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by AThousandYoung View Post
              Here's a review. I love this reviewer. He's hilarious.

              http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...208-Eve-Online
              I think it's been posted here before

              Comment


              • #52
                I love reviews written by people that don't actually play the games. Takes me back 10 years when there were leveling guides in everquest to get you to powerlevel up to level 10 in one week! Or reviewers never left the noobie zones and then commented on teh entire world as if they had actually played it.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Everquest was a FAR better game than Eve. I played Eve for two weeks myself, and just found it too boring. I love to explore and Eve has nothing interesting to explore as far as I can tell.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by AThousandYoung View Post
                    Everquest was a FAR better game than Eve. I played Eve for two weeks myself, and just found it too boring. I love to explore and Eve has nothing interesting to explore as far as I can tell.
                    No doubt EQ was the epitome of MMO, at least for me. As for eve, the game didn't open up for me until I started pirating and ninja salvaging.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by AThousandYoung View Post
                      Everquest was a FAR better game than Eve. I played Eve for two weeks myself, and just found it too boring. I love to explore and Eve has nothing interesting to explore as far as I can tell.
                      Have you tried EvE after Apocrypha expansion with the new wormholes?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        No.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by AThousandYoung View Post
                          No.
                          Well, the Apocrypha expansion included the so called "wormhole space" which can only be accessed through randomly spawning and closing wormholes that are scattered all over the galaxy. Those wormholes can only be found via the new and improved (imho) scanning system. The wormhole systems sometimes link together via other wormholes, the wormholes themselves collapse and open randomly to different systems. It is, in fact, possible to become "lost in space".

                          When a wormhole collapses there is always another wormhole spawned that leads out of the system, but it might lead into deeper unknown space or even back into the normal space.. but into areas governed by hostile capsuleers. And ofcourse, if you run out of probes for some reason, then you are screwed, because you either have to wait for another player to happen into the system (can be quite rare), or just self-destruct your ship and pod to be re-animated with your clone in normal space. The wormhole systems themselves (of which there are over 2000) contain some rather interesting and quite dangerous exploration sites. The wormholes offer great rewards, especially for smaller exploration groups, rathern than individuals, but also at great risk.

                          Expeditions there can be quite adventurous.

                          Here is an in-character report I wrote about a short expedition into a wormhole.
                          Last edited by String; 07 Nov 09, 05:18.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Great game, problem is.. there are to many goons in eve, which ruins the game for me.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              I tried this game on three different occasions but stopped playing every time for the same reason - it is simply extremely time consuming. You could spend hours waiting with a gang for sh*t to go down and when finally there was some combat you will be dead before you know it. Then you need to warp here and there (which also takes hours) to get a new ship.

                              The millions of skill points you accumulate during a few months wont help you when you are up against an enemy with a zillion points, trillions of isk money which he bought on ebay and target acquisition range far above what you can muster. Basically you need to spend a year to build up a good profile before you can display some sort of fighting ability or you buy a profile off-market.

                              There is no way you can combine this game with a girlfriend, social life, work and maybe some sports.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Eilig View Post
                                I tried this game on three different occasions but stopped playing every time for the same reason - it is simply extremely time consuming. You could spend hours waiting with a gang for sh*t to go down and when finally there was some combat you will be dead before you know it. Then you need to warp here and there (which also takes hours) to get a new ship.

                                The millions of skill points you accumulate during a few months wont help you when you are up against an enemy with a zillion points, trillions of isk money which he bought on ebay and target acquisition range far above what you can muster. Basically you need to spend a year to build up a good profile before you can display some sort of fighting ability or you buy a profile off-market.

                                There is no way you can combine this game with a girlfriend, social life, work and maybe some sports.
                                I will disagree. You just don't fly what you can't afford to lose. And for pvp, you stick with T1 frigs and modules. Get about 10-20 of them, fit them out and them position them near some .4 space like Tama. Or stay in high sec and flip cans. You can scare up some fun pvp that way. Or have a corp mate jetcan mine, and you and some buddies go wait a few hundred k out and warp in on the can flipper.

                                If you run level 4 missions or mine with at least a retriever, you can earn some very nice isk, and get in some seriously fun pew pew. Even if you can't run level 4s, you can still mine, be an industrialist, or play in the most exciting pvp - trading.

                                But EVE is definitely NOT an easy MMO. Casual players can have fun, and believe it or not, SP and isk aren't all that important. Toons bought off ebay are easily killed, as there is actual player skill involved, and a 3 billion isk Golem will die to a 1 million isk Rifter, if the Golem pilot doesn't know what he's doing.

                                And I combine this all with a wife, work, and skiing. (Though the wife aggro sometimes is worse than pulling an entire room with a bare ship)
                                Last edited by Naffenea; 11 Feb 10, 23:20.

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X