Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Heroes

Battlefield Heroes

In case you missed this one, there's a new dev blog up.
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Some comments from the guys who made Red Vs Blue
    EA revealed Battlefield Heroes: a free, cartoonish game based on the popular Battlefield franchise.[link]

Burnie -- Awesome. I loved Team Fortress Two, and this looks like Team Fortress Too.
    Gus -- I'd love to comment on it if I could see any screenshots or video of the game. They have only released a press release hyping a magazine release. So far all I know is that the game is announced and if I want to find out more I have to buy some stupid magazine on February 12th. A magazine for God's sake. Do we live in the ****ing STONE AGE?
    Geoff -- Honestly, you'd have to pay me to play any PC game. Coincidentally, Peter Moore, if you're listening, I am open to being paid to play this game. Give me a call, my number is on the restraining order you filed.
    Jason -- I didn't play any of the previous Battlefield games, so I went to the Battlefield Heroes website to try to get the scoop. I was instructed to purchase the March issue of Games for Windows magazine for more info. I'm already not enjoying my "free" game experience.
    And it's over the mountain and over the Main,
    Through Gibralter, to France and Spain.
    Pit a feather tae your bonnet, and a kilt aboon your knee,
    Enlist my bonnie laddie and come awa with me.

Comment

looks stupid in my mind
      "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
      "

Comment

If it's based on the 2142 engine, it's going to be a godawful game from the start.
        Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

A waste of developing money and not worth getting in my mind
          "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Its free, So I guess you get what you pay for, But apparently its got some sort of Korean-MMO style micropayment setup where you can buy unlocks...
            Last edited by the_redstar_swl; 14 Feb 08, 17:23.

Comment

"A high definition edition of the Battlefield Heroes trailer that appeared last night is now available on Tiscali Games."
              Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Overview of planned features:
                http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com...id=268&game=10

Comment

I've played the BF series since Codename Eagle. After reading a bit and thinking about this it is a shrewd marketing move for EA. Mircropurchases will no doubt create a pretty penny for them. But I think they are alienating a LOT of people by making it 3rd person. There are a lot of rumors going around about the ability to switch to FPS (one claims it'll be a "purchasable" ability).

No doubt this game will be popular due to the free aspect of it, but EA has a habit of leaving the BF franchise to wither and die on the vine. A lot of the series have survived only due to the mods that have prolonged their existence.
                  Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X