Good Online Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ferrari353 View Post
    I've played evony before, but it just gets boring after a while. And the ads have nothing to do with the game...
    Not to mention people are bullies on there...
    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
      Not to mention people are bullies on there...
      I didn't even get that far. I played for like 5 minutes before I realized how lame it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrari353 View Post
        I didn't even get that far. I played for like 5 minutes before I realized how lame it was.
        Uh...then you have no right to talk about it...just saying-if you only played it for that long then clearly you have hardly an idea of what you're talking about. It gets interesting when you start attacking people and such, and supporting armies, but it also gets annoying with people breaking alliances and stuff.
        "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

My 13 year old son tried playing EVONY. He quit because, as a newbie, no one would leave him alone long enough for him to build anything.
          Last edited by Martok; 14 Nov 10, 18:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
            My 13 year old son tried playing EVONY. He quit because, as a newbie, no one would leave him alone long enough for him to build anything.
            That's what I was getting at too a couple posts ago. I hate it when you get in an alliance and then you ally with some clan and then they stab you in the back and when you move your city it ends up like a lake away from an enemy...

--Hávamál

Comment

Out of curiosity, Martok (by the way, it still feels a little bizarre to be calling someone else that other than myself ), are you still playing Star Trek Online at all? I played it during the open beta, but it just didn't grab me for some reason; I think it's that the game doesn't feel very "Trek-ish" to me.
              "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Comment

Yes, I still play it. Not as much as Warhammer Online, but I still go in now and then to explore strange new worlds, yada yada yada.

I like the game, just don't dedicate much time to it.

Comment

Yes, I still play it. Not as much as Warhammer Online, but I still go in now and then to explore strange new worlds, yada yada yada.

I played some Napoleonic Evony-type game that was basically an Evony rip off for a couple days a long time ago-it was ok...but like Evony, it was just not my cup o' tea.

--Hávamál

Comment

When you play, do you try to stick with missions that focus on ship action, or do you still do missions involving away team action as well? I'll admit I actually did find the former somewhat fun, but the latter just doesn't interest me much at all.

Also, have you heard of and/or checked out Infinite Space at all? I have to say I'm a bit intrigued by this one, although I'm wary of it being a browser-based game. On the other hand, it's free; plus the fact that the Okudas are advising on the game gives me cause for (at least cautious) optimism.

Comment

I do both types of mission. I actually like the ground combat and have invested some time into building up my bridge crew.

Comment

Eve, eve, eve.

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
                          Eve, eve, eve.
                          Thats that big arsed space game isn't it?

--Hávamál

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
                            Eve, eve, eve.
                            Gah, no. Given everything I've heard/read about that game, it sounds like it's far too cutthroat and has way too much drama for my tastes. I'd sooner play STO!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X