Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Online Games

Hey all,

Im looking for suggestions of what good online war games there are. There are heaps of games and not sure which are the good ones.

Two that i have found are good are:

1) Mythos - www.mythicwars.com
    2) Everwars - http://cavaelen.playeverwars.com

Please let me know what you enjoy playing.

http://www.agegames.com/mw/

Really fun strategy game, you have 1 whole week to plan and communicate with the other players until you receive the weekly turn file. One of the best parts is the diplomacy, communicating to forge alliances and plan war with allies gives it a real human element you don't get with other games.

Comment

cheers dude. That looks interesting, will read the manual when i get home from work tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by fourxman View Post
        FYI, that one is a referral link....
        "I am not an atomic playboy."
        Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

So noone else has any game suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by fourxman View Post
            So noone else has any game suggestions?
            I have one http://www.kumagames.com/client_04/?...aign=HistoryDF.
            In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes
            - Benjamin Franklin, U.S. statesman, author, and scientist

Comment

DEFINATELY NOT COMBAT ARMS!!!

Anyways, with that said, Evony is a MMORTS/RPG type game of the medieval ages, but there's stuff added in like "Leather Helm of Robinhood," and stuff like that.

Supremacy 1914 is somewhat self explanatory as far as setting goes. You go into a game with up to 32 players, and you are set as the leader of a nation, such as France, Ukraine, Germany, Belgium, UK, etc., and you must use alliances, economy, etc. to take down your foes.

Does ArmA count? It's an online milsim (military simulator) box game-google it.
              "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

My son plays Evony, he found it by accident one day looking for some information on Free Realms. He really enjoys the game, and is building his city and army up to go out and conquer the world.

Don't know if you are only interested in the free or lost cost online games, but I would be remiss if I didn't suggest these:

1. Warhammer Online - As I have found out lately, getting a character up to rank 40 is only the beginning. This game is heavy player versus player, and with the new patch update, there is an entire new weapons profile in place which can keep you interested and occupied for quite some time. It actually begins in Tier One, so you can begin this path immediatly if you wish.

2. Lord of the Rings Online - After giving this game a second look, while it is more PvE oriented, you can immerse youself in the world of Tolkein, and it is good for casual play.

3. Star Trek Online - Read the thead on this one if you are interested. For fans of the franchise, this game is a scream. But even for casual players it lends itself well, as teams are easy to get into and the A.I. adjust the mission difficulty depending on how many players are in a particular zone (star system). You actually build strengths and abilities for both your starship and your crew, as you not only fight battles in space but on distant planets. And all the races are there. The Borg, the Klingons, the Romulans, Cardassians, Tholions, the Gorn, Nausiccans, The Orian Syndicate, Section 13, The Dominion. Hell, you can even time travel. And word is, Q is coming in a future patch. Heh.

Hope you find something enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                  My son plays Evony, he found it by accident one day looking for some information on Free Realms. He really enjoys the game, and is building his city and army up to go out and conquer the world.

Don't know if you are only interested in the free or lost cost online games, but I would be remiss if I didn't suggest these:

1. Warhammer Online - As I have found out lately, getting a character up to rank 40 is only the beginning. This game is heavy player versus player, and with the new patch update, there is an entire new weapons profile in place which can keep you interested and occupied for quite some time. It actually begins in Tier One, so you can begin this path immediatly if you wish.

2. Lord of the Rings Online - After giving this game a second look, while it is more PvE oriented, you can immerse youself in the world of Tolkein, and it is good for casual play.

3. Star Trek Online - Read the thead on this one if you are interested. For fans of the franchise, this game is a scream. But even for casual players it lends itself well, as teams are easy to get into and the A.I. adjust the mission difficulty depending on how many players are in a particular zone (star system). You actually build strengths and abilities for both your starship and your crew, as you not only fight battles in space but on distant planets. And all the races are there. The Borg, the Klingons, the Romulans, Cardassians, Tholions, the Gorn, Nausiccans, The Orian Syndicate, Section 13, The Dominion. Hell, you can even time travel. And word is, Q is coming in a future patch. Heh.

Hope you find something enjoyable.
                  LOTR online is good, eh? I've seen a couple ads for it, but didn't know if it was worth it.
                  "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

LOTR suffers from the same bane as Warhammer Online does now, in that server population in the lower tiers is kind of low. But, as stated, it is a heavy PvE game, so that isn't a hard problem to overcome.

It is good for casual play.

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                      LOTR suffers from the same bane as Warhammer Online does now, in that server population in the lower tiers is kind of low. But, as stated, it is a heavy PvE game, so that isn't a hard problem to overcome.

It is good for casual play.
                      Alright, I'll have to check it out maybe...I haven't gotten to Evony for a long time...just remembered...lol

--Hávamál

Comment

World War II online game;

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
                          Alright, I'll have to check it out maybe...I haven't gotten to Evony for a long time...just remembered...lol
                          If you like your PC forget Evony ever existed.
                          Life is change. Built models for decades.
                          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
                            If you like your PC forget Evony ever existed.
                            I gave up on Evony...too much shift in the power...on my server (82) the power shifted between alliances so much that it wasn't even worth it...all the HONOR alliances were trying to kill everyone, and then they fell hard, and ArchHogz, Teutonic, and such rose up...my old clan, USMC, hit rock bottom right after I left (left because I saw it coming), and I joined KRT, which was a high up alliance during the reign of HONOR, but KRT dissolved basically...and recently I tried getting into 75thRANG, but I was falsely accused of being a spy...and finally got into RUJTG...their "training ground," and I'm still kinda hated by the 75th brass because I told them off when they called me a spy.

That's why this game isn't worth it anymore.

--Hávamál

Comment

I've played evony before, but it just gets boring after a while. And the ads have nothing to do with the game...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X