Bad news for BF2'ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news for BF2'ers

With the successful release of Battlefeld 2142 in the last 6 months, EA have decided to remove the stat feed from Battlefield 2 and focus solely on 2142 in the future.

An EA Spokesperson had this to say: "Battlefield 2 is closing in on it's 2nd birthday and at that time we will discontinue the tracking of statistics. We plan to increase the different types of stats on offer for 2142, and as it is the game to take us into the next few years, we need more resources available to make this happen. Battlefield 2 has had a fantastic run thus far and we believe that 2142 can not only have a much longer life span, but also a more enjoyable one."

Once BF2 stats are stopped they will still be viewable via the in game menu and official EA stat sites but all feeds to external websites such as www.bf2s.com will cease and in game ranks will no longer appear. This news is bound to cause a stir amongst the loyal BF2 players but it seems EA are banking on alot of them moving across to 2142.
    Im not to happy with EA without them taking out the stats well im not buyin 2142 and im even angrier at them for this
    "Folks need to be realists and realize that peace is a nice idea, but ultimately unattainable on a worldwide level."
    - 6thInf Grandson

That would be an April Fools joke then?

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Anyone taking anything serious on April 1 is likely just risking being a tragedy that didn't need to happen.
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Stats? What are those?

I've been enjoying the recently released Desert Conflict Mod for BF2.

Comment

Whoah, I was almost going to write a letter to my congressman!

Great joke by EA.

Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X