Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mythos

Mythos detailed, will be free

MMORPG from Flagship's Seattle studio will be free to download, free to play; engine based on technology powering Hellgate: London's multiplayer.
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

This is the kind of thing that I want to see. I'm enjoying my forray through Warcrack, but it is a social thing for me. When the 3 PC lan allowed us to play 3 at a time, and my kids all got accounts, we can get 6 of us going at the same time, and we're all family/friends. THAT is why I play these games.

BUT!

What does 1 yr sub X 4 accounts (my 'share') work out to for a yearly budget? Too damned much! I gave Guild Wars a shot, but not enough of one... Enjoyed DDO quite a bit, but have yet to try it in the same setting as I'm now playing 'crack on... So hopefully a mess of free MMOs could conceivably see the average sub price come down to something a little easier on the wallet.
    "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

well, this at least should be a nice looking game. i just dont see free to play MMO's being very successful, or very good.

Comment

Originally posted by jayedub7423 View Post
        well, this at least should be a nice looking game. i just dont see free to play MMO's being very successful, or very good.
        Bah! MUDs / MUSHs / MOOs / M*s have been around for quite a while, and some are very good.

"Successful"... well, depends on what you mean by success.
        "I am not an atomic playboy."
        Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

ahh, you make a good point.

i guess when i say successful, i'm thinking that you wont see free-to-play mmo's replacing the normal pay-to-play mmo's.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
            Beirut
            by casanova
            A awful, dedoerate situation for the population in Beirut, Libanon. A Amoniumnitrat-explosion was the cause of the catastrophe....
            Today, 23:35
          • AntiWarmanCake8
            Battlefields
            by AntiWarmanCake8
            One day in the far future I like to visit some Napoleonic battlefields. Does anyone have any ones they would share?

I would like to visit:...
            Today, 20:27
          • AntiWarmanCake8
            COVID-19
            by AntiWarmanCake8
            So I tested positive for COVID 19 yesterday but I had symptoms since last Thursday, probably got pneumonia in my left lung. Been resting at home, quarantined...
            Today, 20:22
          Working...
          X