Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frustration sets in with BF2142 - hopefully only temporarily...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustration sets in with BF2142 - hopefully only temporarily...

Well, this evening's play has been very unsatisfactory. The servers are now full of youngsters who apparently got their copies for Christmas - which is fine, but the language that's now being thrown about on the servers is appalling - insults traded back and forth, stupid gameplay, a load of people who just don't want to get into the team spirit of the game...

To cap it all, I just encountered a guy shooting his OWN reactor console.

I walked up to him.

"Hello, what are you doing?"

No reply, he just kept blasting away.

"Erm, that's OUR console!"

No response, except he pulled out his grenades.

"THAT'S OUR CONSOLE!!"

Guess what? No reply...

So I shot him. I've NEVER deliberately shot someone on my own team before.

He punished me for a Teamkill of course.

"Fine, punish away" said I... "but I'm not the one shooting my own reactor console".

Moments later...we lost the game.

SIGH...

Come on you ACGers...let's get a full team up and running and show them how proper Squads work together!

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Friday night

It looks as if Friday night will work for me. Dr S I am looking forward to helping you destroy the bad guys......and also do the same in BF2142

I should have X-fire back up and running by then.

I am really starting to enjoy this game, I am going to play online tonight for about the next 40 minutes, then it is time to watch my Badgers play some hoops.

Chad
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

That's exactly why I don't play MMO games anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
        And that's exactly why, when I do play MMO's, like WoW and AO, I ONLY play with roleplayers!
        Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

The plot thickens...according to the EA forums, there are a plethora of hacks and cheats being used in BF2142 - including the use of "moles". Yes, it's true, a team will assign one of their number to switch sides whereupon they will go and destroy their OWN reactor consoles in Titan mode in order that the other side will win.

This is really very sad as it's ruining the fun for everyone else.

Dr. S.
          Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
            The plot thickens...according to the EA forums, there are a plethora of hacks and cheats being used in BF2142 - including the use of "moles". Yes, it's true, a team will assign one of their number to switch sides whereupon they will go and destroy their OWN reactor consoles in Titan mode in order that the other side will win.

This is really very sad as it's ruining the fun for everyone else.

Dr. S.
            check this site out then

http://www.msxsecurity.com/
            "Folks need to be realists and realize that peace is a nice idea, but ultimately unattainable on a worldwide level."
            - 6thInf Grandson

Comment

And you can't even rely on admin...
              The only time, I complained about cheating, I was the one that got kicked (+servor ban)!

But this one is even better:

I was with a squad mate in a corridor. 3-4 clan guys turn up. We clean them easy.
              We heal, reload and get ready.

1 minute later, here they come again. Sentinel, machine gun, grenades. They make it close but they fail.
              We heal, reload and.... get kicked by admin!!

I guess these clan guys really wanted that console
              Last edited by Sand; 10 Jan 07, 07:11.

Comment

I'm of the opinion that when the Battlefield series started in-game tracking of stats for the purpose of gaining rank and weapon unlocks, is when the franchise opened the door to rampant cheating and questionable game-play, as it gave the player added reason to employ them.

Comment

Originally posted by PiNpOiNt99 View Post
                  check this site out then

http://www.msxsecurity.com/
                  That makes me sick!!

MSXSecurity is the leading source of Detection-Proof Hacks for the most popular FPS games existing. With our software you can finally get the edge that normally only comes after months of play. We understand not everyone can devote hundreds of hours to gameplay to get good, so thats why we introduced MiST- A revolutionary system which builds a custom hack for you, and updates the hack as the anti cheats do. With our system, You can enjoy complete freedom from bans while you rage away. We also pride ourself on the fastest aimbots, The best features and the quickest updates of any site out there. Join up now and see we mean business!
                  What are these people on?

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

That makes me sick!!

What are these people on?

Dr. S.
                    Honestly I'm surprised that EA and makers of all the other games haven't sued them for making money off their games which would put these bastards in a spot of bother.
                    "Folks need to be realists and realize that peace is a nice idea, but ultimately unattainable on a worldwide level."
                    - 6thInf Grandson

Comment

This type of thing has been going on a long time. Back in the days of Team Fortress Classic there was a "Speed Hack", which allowed cheaters to move at 'super' speed.

The only defence until Valve developed a patch which killed the hack was for servers to self-police. On the server I frequented the cry of "Speeder!" would alert the admin to the problem. Game play stopped until it was determined who the hacker was, then kick/ban.

So Dr S. is correct, to ensure best gameplay, it's important to find a good server (i.e. one where the regulars are already playing the game as it was meant to be played) then alert those of similar mind (like folks here) about it. Then populate it, help the admins, mentor new players and have fun!
                      Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics.

Comment

Thats why I stayed with COD2 and Mechwarrior4 Mercs. A much smaller group willing to just have fun and not trying to invest in Stats.
                        Are we there yet?

Comment

Well, this evening's play has been very unsatisfactory. The servers are now full of youngsters who apparently got their copies for Christmas - which is fine, but the language that's now being thrown about on the servers is appalling - insults traded back and forth, stupid gameplay, a load of people who just don't want to get into the team spirit of the game...

To cap it all, I just encountered a guy shooting his OWN reactor console.

I walked up to him.

"Hello, what are you doing?"

No reply, he just kept blasting away.

"Erm, that's OUR console!"

No response, except he pulled out his grenades.

"THAT'S OUR CONSOLE!!"

Guess what? No reply...

So I shot him. I've NEVER deliberately shot someone on my own team before.

He punished me for a Teamkill of course.

"Fine, punish away" said I... "but I'm not the one shooting my own reactor console".

Moments later...we lost the game.

SIGH...

Come on you ACGers...let's get a full team up and running and show them how proper Squads work together!

Dr. S.
                          Are you really surprised? The same thing happened with BF 2, CS, and every other FPS fragfest ever written.

People like you and me are getting way too old for that kind of stress. I was playing the free FEAR online, and after only 5 minutes, a guy is on with unlimited grenades and some kind of armor hack - he couldn't be killed and just kept throwing grenades.

I should have known better as well.

Time for you to download the AATF demo and have fun pounding the OPFOR back to the stone age!
                          Last edited by CPangracs; 11 Jan 07, 15:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
                            Cheats and idiots. I quit MMO for just these reasons years ago.
                            Last edited by Duncan; 11 Jan 07, 18:31.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                              Beirut
                              by casanova
                              A awful, dedoerate situation for the population in Beirut, Libanon. A Amoniumnitrat-explosion was the cause of the catastrophe....
                              Today, 23:35
                            • AntiWarmanCake8
                              Battlefields
                              by AntiWarmanCake8
                              One day in the far future I like to visit some Napoleonic battlefields. Does anyone have any ones they would share?

I would like to visit:...
                              Today, 20:27
                            • AntiWarmanCake8
                              COVID-19
                              by AntiWarmanCake8
                              So I tested positive for COVID 19 yesterday but I had symptoms since last Thursday, probably got pneumonia in my left lung. Been resting at home, quarantined...
                              Today, 20:22
                            Working...
                            X