Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SO Annoyed! For want of a competent Medic...(BF2142)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO Annoyed! For want of a competent Medic...(BF2142)

(Add wibbly-wobbly effect to demonstrate flashback)

Picture the scene, we're in Titan mode on a full server, we've been capturing and defending very well, the enemy Titan's shields are down and we get orders from our Squad Leader to assault the Titan - hurrah!

Anyway, our attacks falter, the enemy defence is too good, next thing you know, our own shields are down. I respawn on the Titan and rush down to defend corridor 2.

JUST IN TIME!

An enemy soldier runs around the corner, before I've had a chance to set out my stall (defensive shield, sentry gun, ammo' crate) - I take him down, but I take a hit, my health is down to 21. Two more dudes attack, I kill them both - but I'm hurting.

Right now, I'm the ONLY guy on Titan defence - I call and call and call for help, nothing. I call for a Medic - nothing. The enemy are pressing their attack, I'm only just holding on.

After a while, one other chap turns up, but he's a Sniper, damn, no MedKit from him.

And then...behold! An Assault dude (Assault dudes are also Medkit equipped) - he drops a Medkit by the entrance to the corridor, hmmm, not particularly convenient, but I risk edging out to get some health, it creeps up to about 56 - and then the Medkit vanishes, I guess my friend is dead...oh well.

I rush back to my defence line, more attacks, more killing, I'm still there, nearly dead, but still there. And then this guy, who shall remain nameless turns up. He's an Assault guy - he comes towards me.

"MEDIC" I cry. But he ignores me.

"MEDIC!!!" I yell. Nothing. I turn to look right at him. Hello? MEDIC?

"No can do" he says.

NO CAN DO? WHAT? WHY NOT?

I type a message to the Squad.

"Mate, you're a Medic, can I have some First Aid please?"

He promptly suicides and disappears.

!!

I'm still the only guy defending the Titan - and now I'm really annoyed, one lucky hit and out Titan is wide open. I type:

"Thanks a lot, when we lose this console and the game, you'll all know why".

True enough, despite a desperate defence, I die a few minutes later. Now, I may have died anyway, but I don't think so - if I'd had the damned First Aid, I might have clung on. Lo and behold, the console goes. Then the one above, in quick succession. The reactor room is open, the game is nearly lost...

I respawn, type another sarcastic message to my team:

"Oh look, the consoles have gone, if only I'd had a Medic sat next to me...oh wait...I did..."

I rush to the reactor room, suddenly, five minutes too late, there are loads of my team mates there. I take damage - I get healed - someone at least knows how to use a Medkit.

Miraculously, we win the game...but for want of a competent Medic...ooh...it annoyed me.

(End wibbly- wobbly effect)

Thanks for reading, sorry.

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Welcome to the world of clueless children playing online games.....

JIM
    If you're not taking losses, you're not doing enough.
    RAdm. Kelly Turner, USN

www.fairtax.org

Comment

not everyone likes to mess around healing dozens of people. For most people healing others isnt fun.

Comment

Hmmmm Doc, when my rig is up and I get BF 2142... I got your back!
        The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Originally posted by sunoco View Post
          not everyone likes to mess around healing dozens of people. For most people healing others isnt fun.
          But a healing point is just as good as a killing point.

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom View Post
          Hmmmm Doc, when my rig is up and I get BF 2142... I got your back!
          Excellent! I'm counting on you!

Dr. S.
          Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Im in

You will never guess what I got for a late X-mas present..........so give me some play time and then I will jump in.

SGT. Death reporting for duty sir!
            "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death View Post
              You will never guess what I got for a late X-mas present..........so give me some play time and then I will jump in.

SGT. Death reporting for duty sir!
              HOORAH!

Add me to your buddy list - DoctorSinister.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by FAdmiral View Post
                Welcome to the world of clueless children playing online games.....
                AKA, smacktards, Rtards, dweebs, noobs, and 'you ____ piece of ____ ____ ____ filthy ___ ___ ___!'

And quite a lot of them are of adult age, btw.
                Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
                  HOORAH!

Add me to your buddy list - DoctorSinister.

Dr. S.
                  Just give me some practice time and then i will jump online and give it a go.

Chad
                  "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno View Post

And quite a lot of them are of adult age, btw.
                    When I mentioned "clueless children", I wasn't talking about their
                    physical age necessarily, just a mental one would suffice....

JIM
                    If you're not taking losses, you're not doing enough.
                    RAdm. Kelly Turner, USN

www.fairtax.org

Comment

I tried to get this game on Boxing Day but every store I went to was sold out!! Which isn't surprising considering they were selling it for $25 CDN. I will try again shortly, in the meantime I still play BF2 and generally play as the Medic. I like the kit because it is an easy way to get points. Once you upgrade your gun the medic becomes a powerful fighter so you can get points by killing opponents, at the same time you get a point each time you heal a teammate. I tend to drive around in a jeep following the main advance, and move forward to heal casualties when necessary. I find I do my best work after a major artillery strike when half of the team in the frontline is eliminated and I quickly rush back and forth healing as many people who can be healed so the enemy doesn't achieve a breakthrough.
                      There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full. -Henry Kissinger

Comment

In BF2142, I thought I'd try out being an Assault dude for myself - I've got about three days of gameplay as Support, but now I've finally unlocked some decent Assault kit, I've been playing recently as that.

Two things:

1) I started out totally useless with a regular Rifle, but I am getting better - I just took someone out in Suez with a headshot at fairly long range and I was rather pleased with myself. Moments like that were few and far between to start however.

2) I LOVE reviving people! It makes me feel all heroic! I just spent 15 minutes sat at the entrance to corridor 1 on our Titan rushing out to revive people, it was great!

The best bit was in an earlier game though, I was in a corridor with a Support guy - we had out stuff all set out nicely, I died, he rushed over, took my kit, rummaged through it for a while (hope he didn't steal my chewing gum) and revived me in the nick of time. The best bit was that I ended up with his gun and stuff so I was able to go back into Support mode for a while - which I love. I made myself go back to Assault in the new game though, I'm trying to train myself to be moderately useful...

The best bit though is that I am getting a raft of new medals so reflect my changed status, I plan, once I've got all the Assault kit/medals, to work through the other two types of soldier and get the lot, but it's going to take a while.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

It should be mentioned this exact thing was predicted by StrategyMan in a certain article here not too long ago.

In BF2 I love playing medic - and there is a real art to staying alive as a medic while all those around you are getting mowed down. I'm sure it is the same in 2142 when you have a guy who knows what he is doing - but at the same time a lot of the players who pick up the Assault kit probably have no clue they can heal people.
                          Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Yes, but I think we established that FanBoy won the argument, overall.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

i like playing medic with Heat on BF2, cause he gives me lots of points, lol!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X