Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout MMORPG

Just read this on Blue's News!

"This SEC Filing (thanks Michael) seems to offer pretty firm indications of Interplay's plans for a Fallout MMORPG, saying: "The Fallout MMOG will be developed in the highly recognized Fallout post Nuclear Apocalyptic world giving consumers an ongoing virtual experience of today's life as if the cold war, which lasted for the best part of the second half of last century, had led to a nuclear disaster." The document describes a project with a $75 million dollar budget due in 2010, with projecting that it would enough revenue to be profitable by year two. We thought Interplay is dead, but the document says production starts in January 2007, so who knows?"
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Now that is what I call exciting news. Fallout is one of my all time fav games
    Xbox live: Waltz Junta II

Comment

Interplay was dead... what happened, they've been in legal h*** forever now!
      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

last i heard interplay was in all sorts of trouble, i wonder who might have bought the rights to this game?

Comment

G******* f****** MMORPGs.

Do people not want to make good games out of top licenses anymore?
          “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

inXile Entertainment Update

FiringSquad interviews Brian Fargo, who has some interesting comments in the last paragraph.
            Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

I thought Bethesda picked up the franchise 18 or so months ago?? Yes/No??

Comment

Originally posted by arckon View Post
                I thought Bethesda picked up the franchise 18 or so months ago?? Yes/No??
                They did, although I don't remember if they still have it. However, as I recall, the rights to do a MMORPG were separate.
                “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Yeah Bethesda picked up the IP rights I believe.
                  The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom View Post
                    Yeah Bethesda picked up the IP rights I believe.
                    Well, again, I think they picked up specific rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
                      Well, again, I think they picked up specific rights.
                      Ahhh... I heard that Interplay sold the whole thing to them. My bad.

Comment

Interplay is dead.

Interplay involuntary bankruptcy filing

On November 1, 2006, certain creditors of Interplay Entertainment Corp. ("Interplay") filed an involuntary bankruptcy petition against Interplay. The petition was filed with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California, in Santa Ana, California. Interplay has retained the law firm of Winthrop Couchot Professional Corporation to represent it in opposing the involuntary petition. Interplay anticipates that a motion to dismiss the involuntary petition will be filed timely for a hearing to take place on February 22, 2007.
                        http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-ed...ny&CIK=1057232

Comment

Yeah I was aware of that... I wish I was super rich... Just buy the name and the trademark and start from scratch.... It was a super awesome company back in the mid-90's and its sad to know they have fallen.

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
                            G******* f****** MMORPGs.

Do people not want to make good games out of top licenses anymore?
                            Hey, nothing wrong with MMORPGs. They're alot of fun, as long as you enjoy playing with other people. And paying $15 a month. . .

And since there is also a single-player RPG also in the works, you'll get your choice of both worlds!

But you might be one of those 'anti-3D' people.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X