X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freightshaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Siberian HEAT View Post
    I drop cars on players who are far from any transport, even if they don't ask for it.
    Funny you say this. I've had quite a few buggys dropped on top of me as a sniper. It really doesn't do much to camouflage your position.... What do you think of snipers assigning themselves as squad leaders? This way I can call in arty and resupply.

Leave a comment:

• PiNpOiNt99
    replied
    I like being commander sometimes but i wouldnt like to do it all the time. I dont have a problem with people doing other things i give them orders and if they dont follow them they dont get supplies or a vehicle drop and it seems to work to as ive only lost once out of about 15-20 times of being commander.

Leave a comment:

• jayedub7423
    replied
    i have avoided being a commander, everyone hates you if you dont do things the way they like it. i rarely try squad leader cause i find it easier to just follow him instead of hoping that everyone will want to follow you.

i do like the kzn clan server, it seems to attract some good players who do tend to work as a team. i just jump in a squad with Heat and follow him around, we seem to do pretty well.

i've been thinking of turning on the in game voip so i can talk, might make things more fun!

Leave a comment:

• PiNpOiNt99
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
    Come to BF2142 and see how real teamwork plays out...

Dr. S.
    no thanks i would rather not waste my money on a BF2 mod.

plus i'm not into sci-fi.

Leave a comment:

• Doctor Sinister
    replied
    Come to BF2142 and see how real teamwork plays out...

Dr. S.

Leave a comment:

• PiNpOiNt99
    replied
    Originally posted by Siberian HEAT View Post

However, I have also noticed that many many players are still clueless about how to read the minimap - and I can't count the number of times players drive away from a flag that is being capped because they have their heads up their arse. Just part of the game I guess.
    i find it the most annoying ill be behind some1 then i look at the mini map and the flag behind us has gone white i tell the guy to follow me but they just keep running without even acknowledging me and i end up dieing and we lose the flag.
    I pride myself in all of the battlefield games on my tactical awareness and it shows as i get ALOT more points for capping flags than kills.

on another note i just come off my best BF1942 game i got 80 points about 50 kills and 20 odd deaths and i capped atleast 13 flags. mid way through that game the opposition had ALL the flags but with the help of a chewbacca we won 23-0.

Leave a comment:

• Siberian HEAT
    replied
    Originally posted by maian View Post

Know any good servers? Tell me them please. Please tell me any commanding tips too. I think Im missing something.

Ive had good success on Rubber Duckey, yet tonight, it was just off and horrible.
    The most important thing a commander can probably do is spot the enemy. If you zoom all the way in, you can spot enemy units just as if you were looking at them and using the commo rose. This is useful if you see a few of your men heading towards a flag that has one guy guarding it. If you can spot him for them, they can take it out and you don't have to waste a UAV overflight. Similarly, if you see one enemy unit making a break for a rear flag you can point him out - and usually someone will go chase him down.

I usually don't waste my time ordering squads around as the commander, in my experience they usually would rather do their own thing. HOWEVER, the most effective commander I've ever served under was using voice to tell each squad number where to go, he was talking out spotted units, and was generally hands on with regard to how the game was playing out. Also, if your map has more than say 12v12 players, the CO should probably avoid combat at all costs and just hole up somewhere and command.

Once your base is overrun this is hard to do, but if you drop supplies on your own UAV trailer, scanner and arty, you can repair them. I drop cars on players who are far from any transport, even if they don't ask for it. It is amazing how far some players will put themselves from the point of contact for the map. LOL.

Generally I think the players who are still playing BF2 are more experienced than they were a year ago and that is why they tend to yell at COs more. However, I have also noticed that many many players are still clueless about how to read the minimap - and I can't count the number of times players drive away from a flag that is being capped because they have their heads up their arse. Just part of the game I guess.

My favorite server is run by kznclan.com called Kaizan 24/7 Jalalabad. There is also a 24/7 Karkand server that I hit a lot, but the name escapes me.

Leave a comment:

• maian
    replied
    Ugh. After 2 nights of really good gaming I havnt been able to have any fun online again.

Does it take anyone 5 minutes to load up a map? It seems like half the time Im on Im finding and loading a server. Then I finally stick with one but there are 4 squads. 3 are full and I think work well. The other one has a squad leader who has yet to spwan through 4 maps, no point of the squad then. Also its impossible to get a jet, for a few days now Ive been trying to fly one but have NEVER not once out of an hour of trying gotten to fly one. All the waiting and people seem to stand in the PERFECT damn spots and just hop in within seconds. With no squad, vehciesl being hogged except a helicopter. I tried coptering around. It didnt work, my own jet pilet kept taking pot shot missles at me for a while, and the enemy always seemed to hunt me down purposely if my own jets werent on my tail.

So I tried commanding. The game is filled with such idiots...

First game I spent the whole time artillery and landing stuff. Our whole team seemed to be stuck in central island of some map mec map. I take a brake for 10 minutes at most to try and help them in combat by a helicopter, not only was it a waste of my time but I got people yelling at me over voice that Im not doing anything and need to start dropping supplies on CENTRAL ISLAnd. The place I spent most of the game dropping vehicles and supplies. He was treating me like a 4 year old as he said drop a vehicle. Well the taunting didnt last to long.
    I would hand out orders but I would hear negative and they wouldnt do them or couldnt make it their alive. Also for half the game scan and uav was broke, I had little art targets and asked people to call in targets. I got one suggestion in that long time. The rest was pot shot arts.
    Next round the next commander has tons of people chanting RESIGN RESIGN YOU ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING FOR US. He had a lot of TKs on arty, something I had did once.

Next round with me in command its a repeat. They all get stuck in one section, I drop stuff, art big areas. They lose that spot. Riot scream at me. I then tell 3 people huddled in a main building hiding to go out and fight and someone screams at me saying "YOU DONT KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT STRATEGY OR PLAYING THIS GMAE RESIGN YOU SUCK" I said what can I do? Art broken, UAV broken. Our base is getting swarmed and they sit in this building? I give out commands that are limited to the 3 and a half squads to defend around our last base.

Then I found myself hiding in the building. Everytime I went out I died a fast death only wounding someone each time. The art amazingly got fixed and I got in some more rounds. Still some people were screaming RESIGN.

I played BF a bit more last year. I never encountered this and commanded games before and did fine.

What went wrong? Are they just assholes or am I missing something. Please tell me if I did anything wrong or what can I do as commander? The squad orders, any good strategies to try on them? Anything to do with supplies thats a nice trick. UAV? Scan??

I usally scan the map and art the most populated area. I usally supply what area we have the most men same with vehicle drop. in between some time I will try and fight, usally doing a little fighting then back to arting and dropping most populated areas. I UAV where ever combat is heaviest. I give out some squad orders, one to defend a hot spot, others to attack near by areas. I dont see where Im messing up. Does the commander play a big role in winning or losing??? Im thinking those last games it was just the skill of the players. 3 rounds I and that other person where yelled at to leave. All the games went the same way of us getting limited to defend one area and in a few cases pushed back to our last base, but we held it the whole way.

Ive had some other bad times, but I just came from 3 rounds of that. It was just a waste of time. Thats the problem with BF for me in the past. I cant seem to find a good game, all the map loading and finding good servers takes up time. If I want to use a vehicle I have to wait and its a gamble cause people memorize perfect spots to get in it. Then there are hackers, nothing like 50 jeeps parachuting from the sky and 15 minutes later the server crashes. Hopfully thursday all have better luck, or if I play tommorow.

Yet Ive had some really fun games with a good squad leader on Kark. An amazing game filled with pure silent team work behind enemy lines. There really was no single person that could beat us. Even bands of men our size would just die. The memory of that game and another like that is whats gonna not make me discard my second chance for BF2.

Know any good servers? Tell me them please. Please tell me any commanding tips too. I think Im missing something.

Ive had good success on Rubber Duckey, yet tonight, it was just off and horrible.

Leave a comment:

• Siberian HEAT
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolster View Post
    You can do it in BF2 as well so no blasphemy!

This is true, except that when the game was first released this feature wasn't available. It came with a later patch...but they never did fix it so you can change your whole name. The sad part is each player has an ID number as well, so it wouldn't take much conceptually to allow name switching.

Leave a comment:

• Wolster
    replied
    Just had a few games of BF2 (away tomorrow so no fix for a month). I love the infantry only maps!! Usually on the TV2 Norweigen servers, good pings for me here.

Leave a comment:

• Wolster
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
    I still use the [5ACG] tag. The cool thing is that in BF2142 you can change your clan tag without affecting your soldier's name, however I realise that any reference to 2142 in this thread is blasphemy...

Dr. S.

You can do it in BF2 as well so no blasphemy!

Leave a comment:

• Doctor Sinister
    replied
    I still use the [5ACG] tag. The cool thing is that in BF2142 you can change your clan tag without affecting your soldier's name, however I realise that any reference to 2142 in this thread is blasphemy...

Dr. S.

Leave a comment:

• Siberian HEAT
    replied
    Originally posted by jayedub7423 View Post
    dude, we were on fire last night, i havent had scores like that in awhile. and the best part was that our team won every time!!

oh, and thanx for dying so much last night, you gave me a bunch of points for the revives!

on another note, is there an ACG clan? i see that you have 5ACG in your name, and Overseer just has ACG, just curious.
    YEah, last night for the first time I can recall, the MEC were winning handily, and were holding that very front flag along the main road. It was really hand to hand at some points - I think I even mentioned how crazy that game was! I didn't want to quit last night I was having so much fun! Maian was in there for a while too...making 3 of us playing on the squad, with a variety of joiners-up.

We used to have a clan called the 5th Armchair Battalion, of which my name derives. Unfortunately, in BF2 once you pick a name you are stuck with it, which is why mine still has the 5 by it. We have been tossing around whether to revive the clan...but we only have a handful of regulars.

Leave a comment:

• jayedub7423
    replied
    dude, we were on fire last night, i havent had scores like that in awhile. and the best part was that our team won every time!!

oh, and thanx for dying so much last night, you gave me a bunch of points for the revives!

on another note, is there an ACG clan? i see that you have 5ACG in your name, and Overseer just has ACG, just curious.

Leave a comment:

• Siberian HEAT
    replied
    I may be on around 7:30pm Mountain Time. I'll be on XFIRE as usual.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X