BF2 Games - Open Invite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creeping death View Post
    Did you try and drive with one eye? That can get you in trouble.

Chad
    OH that reminds me of another incident. James was driving a Humvee with me on the gun, and we stumble upon Doc laying on the ground by a shed. We sit there honking the horn for him to get up and get in...but apparently he didn't know it was us or just didn't care. Anyway, after about 10 seconds of trying, an AT missile blows all of us up. So much for trying to be nice!

Then Doc has the nerve to say he couldn't see us because we were on the side of his eye patch!

Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT View Post
      OH that reminds me of another incident. James was driving a Humvee with me on the gun, and we stumble upon Doc laying on the ground by a shed. We sit there honking the horn for him to get up and get in...but apparently he didn't know it was us or just didn't care. Anyway, after about 10 seconds of trying, an AT missile blows all of us up. So much for trying to be nice!

Then Doc has the nerve to say he couldn't see us because we were on the side of his eye patch!

I ask you - if YOU are in the middle of the street minding your own business and a car goes by blaring its horn, what do you do? That's right, you ignore it and hope it'll go away...

Besides which, the concussion from the shelling and the fifteen painful deaths I had endured ensured that I couldn't hear a thing.

So there.

Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

It was fun last night when I did manage to get on. The game takes so
        long to load up and I had it CTD twice on me before I finally got in
        to play with the guys. Driving a vehicle is sorta lame in BF2. In most
        other FPS games, you can drive with the mouse which makes it easier.
        Just hold down the W key and the spacebar and steer with the mouse.

JIM

BTW, I am known as "Stryker949" in both BF2 and Joint Operations
        If you're not taking losses, you're not doing enough.
        RAdm. Kelly Turner, USN

www.fairtax.org

Comment

Originally posted by FAdmiral View Post
          It was fun last night when I did manage to get on. The game takes so
          long to load up and I had it CTD twice on me before I finally got in
          to play with the guys. Driving a vehicle is sorta lame in BF2. In most
          other FPS games, you can drive with the mouse which makes it easier.
          Just hold down the W key and the spacebar and steer with the mouse.

JIM

BTW, I am known as "Stryker949" in both BF2 and Joint Operations
          I'm not sure because I never tried it, but you can remap your keys/mouse separately for boats, aircraft, and vehicles so you can probably set this to your liking. While I've never had any problems driving with the keys, flying with the keys is just about impossible for me...and I don't have a joystick for flying either. Probably why I hate flying so much!
          Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
            I would like to humbly apologise to Overseer for my complete inability to drive a Tank.

In retrospect, it was rash and foolhardy of me to attempt to drive over that ten-foot crest and down the thirty foot drop the other side, and I just hope the building we hit didn't sustain too much damage.

However, I would also say - no-one likes a backseat driver.

Dr. S.

Look, I don't know how you people get on over on that side, but if they all drive like you!

But fine, I understand, next time I won't tell you to avoid the AT mines.
            “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT View Post
              I'm not sure because I never tried it, but you can remap your keys/mouse separately for boats, aircraft, and vehicles so you can probably set this to your liking. While I've never had any problems driving with the keys, flying with the keys is just about impossible for me...and I don't have a joystick for flying either. Probably why I hate flying so much!
              I'm pretty sure you can...I always remap flying to a special combination of mouse and keyboard, so I'm fairly confident you can do it for land vehicles also.
              "In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them."
              - Johann von Neumann

"Never in the face of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."
              - Winston Churchill

Comment

BTW, there is a WW2 mod for BF2 in the works:

http://xww2.bf1942files.com/mambo/in...tpage&Itemid=1

This I will VERY interested in seeing....

JIM
                If you're not taking losses, you're not doing enough.
                RAdm. Kelly Turner, USN

www.fairtax.org

Comment

Anyone up for a game this weekend? Tonight and tomarrow are the best for me. Pretty much anytime, I think.... I don't have a life
                  - Johann von Neumann

"Never in the face of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."
                  - Winston Churchill

Comment

I talked to Doc about this, I'm not sure if I'll be around at all.

Tomorrow I'm off to a family thing. Sunday I might have some time, unless I'm playing FF XII... In fact, there's a decent chance I'll be playing FFXII for most of my free time for a while... (aside from taking care of some reviews I owe ACG)...
                    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by gobeavs View Post
                      Anyone up for a game this weekend? Tonight and tomarrow are the best for me. Pretty much anytime, I think.... I don't have a life
                      HEAT and I played for a bit last night, then I carried on for about three more hours....eek! I'm still rubbish though - the highest I've got up the score chart at the end is number 10.

Gimme a time and I'll see if I can make it - but like Overseer, I have got a game to review for the site and I ought to pay some attention to that...

Dr. S.
                      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

I'm looking foward to joining in, never used Xfire before but will give it a go! Should be there by Wednesday or Thursday!!!
                        Wolster

Comment

I am back in for BF2. My X-Fire is 5thacgnapoleon.
                          There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full. -Henry Kissinger

Comment

How does tomarrow sound for folks? 6:00 PM eastern?
                            - Johann von Neumann

- Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gobeavs View Post
                              How does tomarrow sound for folks? 6:00 PM eastern?
                              What time is that here? Too late for me, I suspect...

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
                                What time is that here? Too late for me, I suspect...

Dr. S.
                                It would be 11:00 PM GMT. I don't really care what time it is - I've got the whole day off from school....I just threw that out there as a possible time.

EDIT: Err....scratch that. Just realized I had some plans for tomarrow - I don't know when I would be available .
                                Last edited by gobeavs; 05 Nov 06, 19:57.
                                - Johann von Neumann

- Winston Churchill

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X