• Show
Clear All

• BF2 Games - Open Invite

Doc and I are playing a few games.

Teamspeak public server 3.
    Room = ACG
    password = rubbish

Join up if you want!
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

That was good times. Doc learned which end of the gun to point at the enemy!
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
      That was good times. Doc learned which end of the gun to point at the enemy!
      That was lesson 2. First I had to lean WHO the enemy were. Although at least I didn't score any accidental teamkills this time round.

However, don't jump into an APC with these guys above, our entire squad was taken out in a single hit - and I'd like to point out that I wasn't the one driving.

Dr. S.
      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister View Post
        That was lesson 2. First I had to lean WHO the enemy were. Although at least I didn't score any accidental teamkills this time round.

However, don't jump into an APC with these guys above, our entire squad was taken out in a single hit - and I'd like to point out that I wasn't the one driving.

Dr. S.
        Hey now, I just spawned a few seconds before the rocket hit, don't blame me.

(and I wasn't driving either)
        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

OK, so I was behind the wheel both times my entire squad got wiped out. The first time I was trying to hit a heavily damaged tank to relieve pressure on my units trying to come up the adjacent street. What I didn't see was the ground mounted TOW behind the tank was occupied and he took our APC out with one shot. The other time I was making a break for their rear areas when I hit a land mine - again taking my whole squad with me.

My best moment was when James and I were in a HUMVEE and he placed me behind a fence which was deflecting all the AT missiles - so I could return fire with my 50 cal with impunity against a seemingly endless human wave attack coming out of a warehouse. Doc and James then close assaulted the warehouse with the rest of the team.

Was a great time!

Comment

Does ACG have it's own server? Or is it a case of jumping on TS and seeing where everybody is? I play a bit of BF2 and it would be good to have a game with some friendly (?) people.
            Wolster

Comment

Originally posted by Wolster View Post
              Does ACG have it's own server? Or is it a case of jumping on TS and seeing where everybody is? I play a bit of BF2 and it would be good to have a game with some friendly (?) people.
              Your best bet is to use X-Fire to track when we are online. If we can start getting a few more regulars (even once a week) to join up - it would be a ton of fun. Last night we had 3, and even that was starting to get exciting. There is just so much more you can do when you have partners in crime.

There is another thread in this forum which has everyone's Xfire handle.

We don't have a TS server, we normally just use a public server for that.

Comment

Thanks, not home for another week but i will be in for a few games once i am.
                Wolster

Comment

i jumped on with you the other nite, and was having a blast. i started having this wierd problem that never happened before, when we would switch sides after a round, i would get stuck in gamma squad, and i could not leave my squad. after the second time, i just quit for the evening, but man i had a good time.

i'm all for more BF2!

Comment

Originally posted by jayedub7423 View Post
                    i jumped on with you the other nite, and was having a blast. i started having this wierd problem that never happened before, when we would switch sides after a round, i would get stuck in gamma squad, and i could not leave my squad. after the second time, i just quit for the evening, but man i had a good time.

i'm all for more BF2!
                    I've noticed that too! One time I got stuck in a squad, and I couldn't spawn on my own squad leader the whole game...nor could I leave the squad. Very frustrating, but thankfully very rare.

I saw you on Xfire come in, but I could never catch up with you on the battlefield. however, good to know you are up for more. Its still an enjoyable game.

Comment

I'll be up for some BF2 in a few days....unfortunately, I've been ridiculously busy with school and college applications . My first one is due tomarrow though, so once that is done with I should be able to get in on a couple games.
                      "In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them."
                      - Johann von Neumann

"Never in the face of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."
                      - Winston Churchill

Comment

man, i was stinking it up last night, i couldnt get into any groove. and is it just me, or did it become a nade and sniper fest?

Comment

Originally posted by jayedub7423 View Post
                          man, i was stinking it up last night, i couldnt get into any groove. and is it just me, or did it become a nade and sniper fest?
                          Last night was brutal...just brutal. On reflection, I think I know what the problem was for our side. There was a squad on the other side that was either in the same room, or on teamspeak to coordinate their actions. At one point they had some Vodniks lined up behind a wall controlling the south road so none of our units could get through the city that way. Then they had a group of AT guys at the forward flag (when they were MEC) by the pile of rocks. Any US armor or buggies that came over the rise were immediately destroyed by 4 or 5 AT's flying at them. The odds of having so many AT guys in one spot is not good, unless they were working together. In short, they did a great job of shutting us down.

Our squad, though it consisted of you and me, also had 4 deadbeats - who rarely if ever were fighting in the same spot with us. Thus, you and I got beat down a lot last night LOL.

The good news is that we have some guys starting to show more interest again. I think we now have enough to field a whole squad;

HEAT
                          Jay
                          Overseer
                          Doctor Sinister
                          Gobeavs
                          Creeping Death

Now we just have to all find a time when we can be on at once LOL.

Comment

From my brief re-entry into the game two nights ago, I think I've decided, I love hand grenades. I had one hail mary throw at max distance to take down two guys that were causing serious trouble, plus another one where I managed to bounce the grenade off of the exact spots on 3 walls/objects I needed to land right at a rooftop sniper's feet. Plus a few more normal grenade kills... I wish there was a class that just carried a ton of grenades.

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
                              I wish there was a class that just carried a ton of grenades.
                              Does the Support class have grenades? You could always re-up with extra ammo when you need it.

A class with ONLY grenades would be interesting...I would just hate to see what happens when you walk around the corner into an enemy at point blank!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X