America's Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's Army

Anyone have this or played it in the past?

Great game, good maps and 2.7 just released (A HUGE d/l, btw).

What do y'all think about it?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

Ronald Reagan 1911-2004

I've played it off and on in the past....enjoyed it, but never enough to get too much into it. I always played the bridge map.

Great game considering the price though.

Has it changed a lot in the last update (2.6 -> 2.7)? Worth downloading again?
    "In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them."
    - Johann von Neumann

"Never in the face of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."
    - Winston Churchill

Comment

i'll download it and give it a try, why not! i havent played america's army in a long, long time, so i think i'll go thru some training again to get the hang of things.

Comment

I downloaded using BitTorrent- the AA site actually supplies a Torrent file for use. So is was pretty much fire it up, go to bed, and by the time I got back from work, the DL was complete. So I'd reccommend that route.

I played some of the new training scenarios- Javelin training was OK, the remote control gun turret on the Hummvee is a little goofy, but it was fun. I have never seen any thing like that in real life, so I wonder how far down the development pipeline it is.

My beef is with getting on a decent server. I don't have enough honor points for the honor servers. So it's a crap shoot whether the server you find is worth a hoot. The other night, I would select a standard rifleman slot-supposedly with an M-4 for weapon. After the start, a brief message flashed that the Administrator changed my weapon class to a single shot bolt-action rifle, like an old mauser or carcano. Shortly thereafter, of course I was greased, having gotten of maybe 2 shots. That happened 3 rounds in a row, so I split. Still don't know what that was all about.

Comment

If you want to play on a very good Honor server, go to '{DEATH}Clan AAOTRACKED 2.7'.

I'm an Admin there and I can try to make it fun for y'all. (When I'm on, of course)

If you're having problems just look for the guys with {DEATH} in front of thier name.

My ID in America's Army is '{DEATH}-DJ111-(1LT)'.
          Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

Ronald Reagan 1911-2004

Comment

Originally posted by gobeavs View Post
            Has it changed a lot in the last update (2.6 -> 2.7)? Worth downloading again?
            It has a new interface, instead of 1-2 clicks to start playing, it takes 3-5 to start playing.

2 New training Levels (Javelin and CROWS)

AI Maps that you fight with other online players against AI opponents. (Tanks and foot soldiers)

A 'better' HUD with a sort of BF2 radar circle and the green stamina bar is gone.

Overall my FPS is slightly improved, except during the first few rounds I lag a bit but it clears up and I can get a constant 40+ FPS. There are still some a-holes who get in servers and try to ruin the fun for everyone else, but on our server they aren't around long.

P.S. It took me a little over a day to d/l the entire v2.7

Ronald Reagan 1911-2004

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X