How to install mods for BF1942

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install mods for BF1942

I am new at this when it comes to mods and when I recently downloaded a mod for BF1942 since I still don't have the money to buy a new video card and power suppy so I can play BF2. Alright I'll cut the chit-chat and get to the point. Ok, when it says to send the mod to the BF1942 folder is there some specific address that you have to send it to. Some help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    No_Nickname
    Last edited by No_Nickname; 27 Aug 06, 22:18.
    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Anybody?

Come on, somebody must know where to send the file.
    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

Comment

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

The Mods should be placed in the Mods folder.

e.g. C: > Program files > EA Games > Battlefield 1942 > Mods > "In here you will find all your mods" In my set-up in this folder I have the original Battlefield 1942, Desert Combat Final and Forgotten Hope.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorque View Post
        Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

The Mods should be placed in the Mods folder.

e.g. C: > Program files > EA Games > Battlefield 1942 > Mods > "In here you will find all your mods" In my set-up in this folder I have the original Battlefield 1942, Desert Combat Final and Forgotten Hope.

I hope this helps.
        Thank you

Comment

I tried to see if the mod worked but it didn't. I don't know what I did wrong that would cause it not to work. Well here is the readme.

ADCAP-Navy
          by Erich Hartmann

This is a fleet upgrade, making every ship of your fleet more powerful in a realistic way
          The carriers got stronger, and they spawn a lot more planes.
          The battleships have much more hitpoints, improved AA capacity and a sub-hunter plane.
          The destroyers got improved AA capacity, and also 2 positions with 5 torpedo tubes each.
          There also is an additional AA destroyer, that one is armed with several light AA-guns
          and also new SEAMINES.
          The submarines got improved torp tubes, a deck gun and two AA MGs.
          Also now there is Ai support for the submarines, enabling the bots to drive them.
          The landingcraft got faster, and the handling of the japanese one was improved.
          There are several new planes: Zero/Corsair -J with short-time Nitrobooster and 6 MGs
          SBD/Val -R with rockets
          SBD/Val -T3 with fast firing dual torpedos
          WaterSBD/Val seaplane with depthcharges and jumpstart

Also the map of Midway gets changed in a way allowing you to use the WHOLE fleet in
          singleplayer or Coop games

There are a lot more changes, but I didn't want to waste the time writing them down when
          most people won't ever read this :-)

One important thing at the end: The seaplanes based on the battleship has a jumpstart t
          hat is activated by pressing fire once the plane has moved a little bit.
          One big "Thank you" to Viper, since he added a lot of ideas, and also betatested this mod
          for all of you.

Installation Instructions:
          Simply extract the zip file into
          "your Battlefield folder"/mods/

Deinstallation:
          Delete the folder mods/ADCAP-Navy
          Have Fun

For any bugs or else, email me: [email protected]
          Erich Hartmann

Gorque, I could use your help again

Comment

Hmmmm..... if the installation is proper, then you should be able to choose to activate the mod through the '42 interface at the '42 start-up screen. What exactly is happening when when you try to run the mod?

Comment

Hmmmm..... if the installation is proper, then you should be able to choose to activate the mod through the '42 interface at the '42 start-up screen. What exactly is happening when when you try to run the mod?
              First, I sent it to the folder using the address that you gave me, and when I started up the game I went to go play the midway map which is what the mod was for. When I just got the AC and the destroyer and not the whole fleet I knew that something was wrong.

Gorque, when you want to play the mod that you just downloaded where are you suppose to go.

I also found the mod at www.filefront.com in the Battlefield 1942 area in case you want to try it out yourself. If you did then you could explain to me how you got it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
                Gorque, when you want to play the mod that you just downloaded where are you suppose to go.
                At the '42 Start-up, choose "Custom Game". This will bring-up the installed mods on your rig. Highlignt the mod that you want to play. Then at the bottom right, the is a button titled "Activate" after you activate the mod, "escape" back to the '42 start-up screen and choose the type gameplay that you desire. If you dn't see that mod in the "Custom Game" screen, then the mod is not installed correctly for '42 to enable it.

Comment

At the '42 Start-up, choose "Custom Game". This will bring-up the installed mods on your rig. Highlignt the mod that you want to play. Then at the bottom right, the is a button titled "Activate" after you activate the mod, "escape" back to the '42 start-up screen and choose the type gameplay that you desire. If you dn't see that mod in the "Custom Game" screen, then the mod is not installed correctly for '42 to enable it.

It doesn't look like it's on the custom game list.

Do you think you could try to see if you can get it to work if I gave you the file?

Comment

Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
                    It doesn't look like it's on the custom game list.

Do you think you could try to see if you can get it to work if I gave you the file?
                    Have you tried installing any other mods? The "Forgotten Hope" mod is excellent. The "Desert Combat Final" mod still has many players enjoying it on a nightly basis.

Comment

Have you tried installing any other mods? The "Forgotten Hope" mod is excellent. The "Desert Combat Final" mod still has many players enjoying it on a nightly basis.
                      I haven't because I really didn't know how to install them so this would be my first one.

Well here's the link:

http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;8.../fileinfo.html
                      Last edited by No_Nickname; 17 Oct 06, 19:55.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X