Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Point of Existence mod for BF2 releases this weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jayedub7423
    replied
    excellent, will get this asap. i thought that POE for BFV was awesome, played the crap out of it till BF2 came out.

BF2142, an interesting expierience to say the least...

Leave a comment:

• Siberian HEAT
    replied
    I was playing a bit of Karkand last night to get back into the mood. Couldn't find a working squad to save my life. Wasn't ready to lead a squad as I'm still trying to remember what all the fancy buttons do LOL.

I've decided that I hate air units in BF2 and 2142. Not because I can't fly for squat, but mainly because I like the ground action and typically speaking air units do not provide protection for land units - they just go looking for enemy ground units to kill. Thus, you get killed over and over by air units who are unchecked. This is why Karkand still attracts me because it has no air units at all.

Will be looking for POE this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Arkane
    replied
    No expacks needed, just core BF2. Gameplay is similar to the first, but we have improved quite a bit as the team has grown and gained a ton of talented coders and artists.

Leave a comment:

• Overseer
    replied
    Just got my beta key, no thanks to a particular someone.

Off to an office happy hour now, hopefully later tonight/tomorrow I'll BF2142 a spin.

Leave a comment:

• Siberian HEAT
    replied
    Originally posted by Overseer
    Fine, I'll find my CDs, since Brian wasn't nice enough to get me into the Beta...
    I'm working on it!

The trailer for POE is awesome...and touches on one of the things I didn't like about BF2, and one of the things I did like about Red Orchestra - namely that in the trailer at least there are more than just one or two tanks in play. It would be awesome to have 4 or 5 tanks supporting each other rather than the standard 1 or maybe 2 that you get on most BF2 maps (the old ones anyway - I don't have Armd Fury).

I just updated my BF2 installation to 1.22 and made sure it worked. Am I correct to understand that patch 1.3 was a bust?

Leave a comment:

• Overseer
    replied
    Fine, I'll find my CDs, since Brian wasn't nice enough to get me into the Beta...

Leave a comment:

• gobeavs
    replied
    Might dust off BF2 for this.

Leave a comment:

• Siberian HEAT
    replied
    Oh yeah, I'm all over this. I am currently working on the BF2142 Beta Test and so the BF2 current is once again starting to run strong in my blood.

Screens look fantastic for this mod.

Any gameplay differences from the original? Do you need any of the expansion packs to play it?

Leave a comment:

• Point of Existence mod for BF2 releases this weekend!

Alrighty, after working on this for a year it's coming this weekend. If you burned out on BF2 or need a change of pace check out one of the best mods made for the Battlefield series:

http://www.pointofexistence.com

Server files are up, client releases on Saturday.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X