BF2 Anyone still playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creeping death
    Saturday night may work for me! My wife is at a bachelor party...
    Hmm, why would your wife be at a "bachelor party"? Is she working?

Comment

Originally posted by Engineer 1888
      I only play on the computer now because of all the aim-bots, hacks, tk's and stat padding.

I'll start playing online when 2142 comes out.
      There ARE servers out there that don't tolerate that kind of thing. I made the mistake and told a bunny-hopping prone-jumper that he had no honor, and he just laughed - there are the usual lamers everywhere.

Even with the cheaters and stat-padders, I was able to come out 2nd or 3rd in a 64-person server regularly. I just hunt down those guys and kill them constantly. There was this one guy who would only die from a direct hit with a tank round. The dummy kept spawning right there, I kept killing him - finally got him kicked when I got an admin to try and kill him and he couldn't.

It's all fun!

BTW, if you think 2142 won't have the exact same jerkwads, you are sorely mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by maian
        I play it, not the expansion and not much. Im usally a loner and only play on that one desert city map and hang around in allys racking up kills.

I heard about all the tactical realism and never ran into it. My closest experiance with it was another guy on the talk system who was with me through most of the round and we killed a heli copter. He said WHOO HOO WE ROCKED THAT CHOPPER. He said similar things and seemd very excited and ready to say d00d lets rock out.

So much for tactical realism for me.
        You'd be surprised at what passes between soldiers during an actual a firefight. "Dude, let's rock out" is nothing.

Tactical realism is really a subjective term when applied to BF2. Any time you can respawn during a round, it is completely UNreal. However, many of the tactics requirde to take and hold flags are VERY real in a tactical sense, and requires communication, tactical manuever with covering fire, etc.

If you ever run across a team using team speak with a full squad or two, they can pretty much own ANYONE. Case in point, the few times I played with Overseer, Gobeavs, and others, we consistantly had the highest scores and best squad titles.

Comment

Nice

Originally posted by CPangracs
          Hmm, why would your wife be at a "bachelor party"? Is she working?

Nice catch...Umm I meant to say bacheloret party.....

CD
          "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

if you think 2142 won't have the exact same jerkwads, you are sorely mistaken.
            I know that the retards will return I'm hoping it will take some time for the aim-boots and hacks to show up. And since I will be playing online within days of getting the game I hope to find some good servers that don't do that sort of thing.

Comment

I just bought "Special Forces" for BF2. In the next week or so,I will also DL the "Armored Fury" mod. I have always played single with BF2 cause of the
              nuts running around online in most servers. I played once with some guys
              on ventrilo and that was great! Most of them were vets and they knew
              squad tactics. My kind of BF2 game.....

JIM
              If you're not taking losses, you're not doing enough.
              RAdm. Kelly Turner, USN

www.fairtax.org

Comment

Sadly most great servers eventually devolve. Moongamers was great for a while, then it got ridiculous. When you do find a server that has good admins and decent team players the game is great. When you don't; it thourougly sucks. That's when I usually grab a sniper rifle and hit the flanks.
                Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

I would have said save your money with the SF addon - I suppose some people like it, but there are very few servers that are running it, and I completely hate the night maps (I'm an old guy - and I don't see well in the dark).

Comment

I would have said save your money with the SF addon - I suppose some people like it, but there are very few servers that are running it, and I completely hate the night maps (I'm an old guy - and I don't see well in the dark).

There are a few 24/7 map servers running SF. The night maps blow. For what it's worth, I think Armored Fury has the best maps up to this point. And I have heard nothing but bad things about Euro Force.

In the not too distant future the Point of Existence mod and Forgotten Hope will be released. Then it'll really be worth playing again.
                    Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

You'd be surprised at what passes between soldiers during an actual a firefight. "Dude, let's rock out" is nothing.

Tactical realism is really a subjective term when applied to BF2. Any time you can respawn during a round, it is completely UNreal. However, many of the tactics requirde to take and hold flags are VERY real in a tactical sense, and requires communication, tactical manuever with covering fire, etc.

If you ever run across a team using team speak with a full squad or two, they can pretty much own ANYONE. Case in point, the few times I played with Overseer, Gobeavs, and others, we consistantly had the highest scores and best squad titles.
                      I never ran across the good servers then.
                      yeah!

Comment

I never ran across the good servers then. Also I wanst in a goofy mood when I ran into that guy so I found it a little annoying.
                        yeah!

Comment

Still Playing...

I still play it, although it happens in bursts, and then I don't play for awhile. I have bought all the expansions for BF2 and have had a good time playing all of them. I will have to agree that Armored Fury has the best maps so far, but the SF expansion has several good ones, too. SF also adds some cool new weapons and a bunch of new medals and badges to earn, if you are into that sort of thing.

As far as finding servers without the smack-tards, it takes some effort sometimes, but I don't mind looking for a good fun game to join, even if it takes awhile to find it. And with all the expansions, there is plenty of material to choose from!
                          "Violence... the supreme authority from which all other authority is derived." - Mr. Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Comment

Anybody here know what this is and if it's any good?

http://www.fileplanet.com/157236/150...-Reality-v0.31

JIM
                            If you're not taking losses, you're not doing enough.
                            RAdm. Kelly Turner, USN

www.fairtax.org

Comment

Project reality is a mod for BF2. It tweaks the weapons and vehicles to add a touch more realism (no more run and gun, you won't last a minute). IIRC, it also adds a vehicle or two.

Comment

i just picked up BF2 a less than a month ago n i already have logged 50+ hours. I got SF. Great fun. I'll join the group. And is it just me or does the game crash a lot?
                                I dare do all that may become a man; who dares more is none. - Macbeth

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                  Beirut
                                  by casanova
                                  A awful, dedoerate situation for the population in Beirut, Libanon. A Amoniumnitrat-explosion was the cause of the catastrophe....
                                  Today, 23:35
                                • AntiWarmanCake8
                                  Battlefields
                                  by AntiWarmanCake8
                                  One day in the far future I like to visit some Napoleonic battlefields. Does anyone have any ones they would share?

I would like to visit:...
                                  Today, 20:27
                                • AntiWarmanCake8
                                  COVID-19
                                  by AntiWarmanCake8
                                  So I tested positive for COVID 19 yesterday but I had symptoms since last Thursday, probably got pneumonia in my left lung. Been resting at home, quarantined...
                                  Today, 20:22
                                Working...
                                X