BF2 Anyone still playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Anyone still playing

I played BF2 online last night for about 20 minutes and had a good time and a significant number of kills. I actually hit 3-4 guys with my buggy who appeared to be having a circle J.
    Maybe they were planning strategy or something but it was funny watching them try and scatter 1 second prior to impact.

I do miss that game and playing with the ACG crew. Maybe someday we could fire it up again.

CD
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

I actually tried to play yesterday, but I kept getting kicked by punkbuster because of a corrupted file. I was using a no-cd crack because I don't have my discs handy, so that most likely was the problem.
    "In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them."
    - Johann von Neumann

"Never in the face of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."
    - Winston Churchill

Comment

Still playing around with it. I bought Armored Fury the other day, and I must say the 3 maps aren't bad at all. Operation Road Rage is a blast.

The guys in a circle were probably stat padding, it's become rampant. Also aimbots and what not seem a bit more prevalent. Shame such idiocy ruins a good game.
      Last edited by Arkane; 18 Jun 06, 11:18.
      Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

NExt time

Maybe in the coming weeks we should try and get a crew together? Overseer, Heat..you listening? I do have Teamspeak now so it might be a little easier for me to do.

CD
        "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

I try to play about 10-12 hours/week

Comment

Come July 17th or so I should be able to settle in for some games hopefully.

At the moment, I need to get ready to move, hit up the shore and Origins, buy a car, and start a new job...
            “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs
              I try to play about 10-12 hours/week

Good lord man. Have you been at that pace since the game came out? Even Firestorm has started taking time off.
              Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

Originally posted by Arkane
                Good lord man. Have you been at that pace since the game came out? Even Firestorm has started taking time off.
                Nope - just started playing again when EF came out, and now AF - which has the three best maps ever made in any BF title, BTW!

So, for the last month or two, I've been playing more - and I said I TRY to get in that much - but it invariably ends-up about half that.

Comment

Ah, found my discs, removed the no-cd patch, and it works fine. Although it still has the same old problems that beg for teamplay. I'm up for something if we can organize it.
                  - Johann von Neumann

"Never in the face of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."
                  - Winston Churchill

Comment

Well, I'll be on tonight around 1830 Central or so - I removed X-Fire a long time ago, so not sure of the best way to coordinate anything. I will say that I play on the 101st Armored Fury Server alot, but you need the AF expansion to play there...

Comment

I play it, not the expansion and not much. Im usally a loner and only play on that one desert city map and hang around in allys racking up kills.

I heard about all the tactical realism and never ran into it. My closest experiance with it was another guy on the talk system who was with me through most of the round and we killed a heli copter. He said WHOO HOO WE ROCKED THAT CHOPPER. He said similar things and seemd very excited and ready to say d00d lets rock out.

So much for tactical realism for me.
                      yeah!

Comment

Saturday

Saturday night may work for me! My wife is at a bachelor party and there is no hoops or Hockey to watch..so i will be looking for some gaming.
                        Otherwise I am playing Hearts of Iron 2 all night.

CD

Comment

Originally posted by maian
                          I play it, not the expansion and not much. Im usally a loner and only play on that one desert city map and hang around in allys racking up kills.

I heard about all the tactical realism and never ran into it. My closest experiance with it was another guy on the talk system who was with me through most of the round and we killed a heli copter. He said WHOO HOO WE ROCKED THAT CHOPPER. He said similar things and seemd very excited and ready to say d00d lets rock out.

So much for tactical realism for me.
                          You'll have to play with us sometime... if we get the whole crew back together for it.
                          “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

I only play on the computer now because of all the aim-bots, hacks, tk's and stat padding.

I'll start playing online when 2142 comes out.

Comment

I can probably make a session this saturday if we want to try it. I have xfire (gobeavs) and Teamspeak.
                              - Johann von Neumann

- Winston Churchill

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X