Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great article on BF2 and realism...

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/712/712733p1.html

WHOA, easy there, Kevin. Are you suggesting -- even for a moment -- that Battlefield 2 is somehow ... unrealistic? Those are hard, hard words. Personally, whenever I sit down to start blasting at people in Battlefield 2, I'm always stunned by the unwashed, gritty realism of this immensely tactical simulation. "Wow," I say to myself, jumping out of a moving helicopter and right into the pilot's seat of a nearby jet, "This is the closest I can get to real war without strapping an improvised explosive device under my chair."
    "The secret of war lies in the communications" - Napoleon Bonaparte

What really scares me about the whole thing is that there are people out there who seriously think the BF franchise is a "simulator".
    Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

Actually, a buddy of mine on BF:Modern Comabt for PS2 is a Ranger, and he thinks the game is good for practicing squad tactics. Other than that I think he would agree it is pretty absurd to call it realistic. Kind of offbeat...he says one of the buildings looks just like a building he saw in Fallujah.
      To whispers of Beethoven...

"Mein Gott! Die Invasion. Sie kommen!"
      -Werner Pluskat

Comment

I can see where you would be able to use it to teach maybe movement techniques, but there's other games out there that aren't as hardware heavy that could do just as fine. FSW, AA, etc... Heck, even the Marines are using CC/F2F now.

Remember Marine DOOM? I still have a copy of that floating around here somewhere.
        Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

Speaking of realism & BF2

Project Reality
          Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X