Battlefield 2142

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2142

OK, it's sort of semi-official. Here's the teaser vid for BF2142.

BF 2142 video
    Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

I have mixed feelings about futuristic fighting and "Mech" walkers and all that. On the one hand WWII has been done to death with FPS - but on the other I think the BF2 engine would be pretty cool with older hardware. I guess for now my opinion is "ehhh."
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT
      I have mixed feelings about futuristic fighting and "Mech" walkers and all that. On the one hand WWII has been done to death with FPS - but on the other I think the BF2 engine would be pretty cool with older hardware. I guess for now my opinion is "ehhh."

I agree with Brian, while I watched the video all I could think of was The Terminator...mech walkers running around do not excite me. I think EA could certainly venture into WW2 again with this engine.

CD
      "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Pfft.

If I see another WWII game I'm going to go postal.

Give me Mechs and futuristic destruction any day over another WWII game...
        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
          Pfft.

If I see another WWII game I'm going to go postal.

Give me Mechs and futuristic destruction any day over another WWII game...
          You still haven't tried Red Orchestra: Ostfront, I gather..? :-D

(I thought I was tired of WWII games myself - until recently.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cappadocius
            You still haven't tried Red Orchestra: Ostfront, I gather..? :-D

(I thought I was tired of WWII games myself - until recently.)
            No actually I haven't, I have been planning to pick that up. At least a focus on the Eastern Front is a little different...
            “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Finally!

I have been lacking Mechs since the good old Mechwarrior games wen out of fashion. Combine this with what the boys at Dice are capable of, and this will be really interesting.

The short teaser at least gave me an authentic impression. It offers a brand new "scenario" and it doesnt at least remind me of anything other popular sci-fi related out there.
              It will probably offer a nice "realistic" concept of warfare 100 years from now, with added Mechs of course, because they are cool.
              "The secret of war lies in the communications" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

I've been reading into some of their "planned" features, two caught my eye right away: Stealth mode snipers/SF (almost invisible camo): Great for spawncamping. Proximity grenades: Didn't they just patch BF2 for this? I guess they can leave bunnyhopping in and explain it off as a personal mini jetpack..LOL. It's slated as of now for fall 06, built on a modified BF2 engine.

BTW, ROOST just plain rocks. I have now become a "Panther *****"
                Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

Originally posted by Arkane
                  I've been reading into some of their "planned" features, two caught my eye right away: Stealth mode snipers/SF (almost invisible camo): Great for spawncamping. Proximity grenades: Didn't they just patch BF2 for this? I guess they can leave bunnyhopping in and explain it off as a personal mini jetpack..LOL. It's slated as of now for fall 06, built on a modified BF2 engine.

There was a shot in the trailer of someone in a stealth camo running along, you could see some light refraction where they were.

Man, between RO, Elder Scrolls, and Call of Cthulhu next week I could actually spend all the money left in bank account....

Comment

Originally posted by Arkane

Yeah, in the video I could have swore I saw the Predator with its stealth mode on...."Those eyes there, they dissapeared" Mack in Predator
                    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

I'm not too enthusiastic about it.

Comment

Originally posted by the_redstar_swl
                        I'm not too enthusiastic about it.
                        Yes and the picture says it all...

But hey, if you all want to get stuck into the mud in Bastogne or pinned down in some Russian tractor factory its fine with me.... and my Mech

Comment

New screenshots

http://www.tothegame.com/screenshot.asp?id=5177

Comment

DUDE THIS MOD LOOKS SWEET! I'm a big battlefield junkie if you cant tell by my avatar...its a Hmmvw going over shield wall at the battle of Karkand!

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt. P-Nut
                              DUDE THIS MOD LOOKS SWEET! I'm a big battlefield junkie if you cant tell by my avatar...its a Hmmvw going over shield wall at the battle of Karkand!
                              Roger that! Karkand is my all time favorite map. Unfortunately we haven't been able to do as much BF2 play lately - but now that you are here we might be able to get some action again. We have a handful of good guys here that play - but it is hard to get them all in the same room at the same time.
                              Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X