Dungeons & Dragons Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dungeons & Dragons Online

ATARI ANNOUNCES PRE-ORDER CAMPAIGN FOR DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE: STORMREACH

- Order Early to be First Online and Earn Exclusive In-Game Items -

LYON, FRANCE – 8 February 2006 – Atari today announced the forthcoming launch of the European pre-order campaign for the Turbine developed DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINETM: StormreachTM. From February 10th customers ordering the game from selected retailers across Europe will benefit from guaranteed access to the beta, early entry into the game itself, exclusive artwork, and exclusive in-game items. The English language version of DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE: Stormreach launches in Europe on March 3rd 2006, followed by the localised German and French versions on March 24th.

The special pre-order pack will be available in shops across Europe from February 10th, and contains a DVD of the BETA client and exclusive artwork, and two serial numbers; one for guaranteed access to the European BETA until just prior to the launch of the English language game, and the other for head start access into the final game three days before the servers are opened to the public at launch.

Pre-ordering has the added benefit of giving players two valuable in-game items, namely an Amulet of +1 Armour Class usable by any class or race and, exclusive to European pre-order customers, the Ring of Haggling which gives players permanent discounts when buying items from vendors throughout the city of Stormreach.

"We've worked closely with Turbine and Codemasters to offer our European customers a genuinely valuable incentive to fans who order DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE: Stormreach early," said Cyril Voiron, Marketing Director, Atari Europe. "The level of interest the title has already generated amongst the communities will convert into a wave of pre-orders across Europe once the fans see the real benefits pre-ordering brings."
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

I attempted to get into the stress test of this, but not sure whatever came of that, I never got an e-mail about it.
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

I'm tempted to get this one but pfff...its gonna be full of geek kids talking l33t and chinese farmers again...

Comment

Designer Diary #3 - Putting D&D Into Online RPG

"Turbine's Sean Lindskog tells us how Dungeons & Dragons Online will put an emphasis back on role-playing and adventuring."
        Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

As interesting as this game might seem, I refuse to play a rolegame in any other way, other than with paper and pencil, funny shaped dice, a few locals and a livingroom.

Online rolegames are for people that don't have any friends that live nearby if you ask me.
          Life is change. Built models for decades.
          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries
            As interesting as this game might seem, I refuse to play a rolegame in any other way, other than with paper and pencil, funny shaped dice, a few locals and a livingroom.

Online rolegames are for people that don't have any friends that live nearby if you ask me.
            Or who don't want to put up with the stink.
            “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
              Or who don't want to put up with the stink.
              If you hang out with the unwashed, you deserve them

I have enjoyed playing the games with wife, son, and local friends though, and they don't stink (but I tend to choose the people I associate with based on those sorts of details hehe).

Comment

If you hang out with the unwashed, you deserve them

I have enjoyed playing the games with wife, son, and local friends though, and they don't stink (but I tend to choose the people I associate with based on those sorts of details hehe).
                Heh, trust me, it's not easy to find a Pen and Paper RPGer that doesn't in most areas.

Comment

I used to play a lot more.

But, a disagreeable circumstance occurred (it's based on assumption as I truely don't know), where an old wargaming buddy is concerned.

I am speculating, but I think the "issue" was smoking and cigarettes (qualifies as stink I guess).

I am I think allergic to cigarette smoke (well the vicious head aches support this position at least). And frankly, coming home after visiting a smoker involves washing your hair and ditching all your clothes. Because even if you aren't allergic, the clothes will stink and so will your hair.

So it came to pass (I assume) that I was no longer as "valuable" as a friend, as I was unable to tolerate those that can't give up their *******ed nicotine dependency for a lousy few hours.

Personally, I'll pick a nose picking, unbathed, inadequately laundered geek over a smoker. It's not my problem if the socially challenged geek never gets to experience the opposite sex in private
                  At least they don't make ME smell and have headaches (not to mention the assault on my health).

My paper n pencil gaming is not even a fraction of what it used to be. But I also don't miss all the smoking.
                  True, you don't get any of that from an online game.

But if you pursue finding local friends that AREN'T among the great unwashed, or carcinogen challenged, the games are much more fun in person.

Comment

I used to play a lot more.

But, a disagreeable circumstance occurred (it's based on assumption as I truely don't know), where an old wargaming buddy is concerned.

I am speculating, but I think the "issue" was smoking and cigarettes (qualifies as stink I guess).

I am I think allergic to cigarette smoke (well the vicious head aches support this position at least). And frankly, coming home after visiting a smoker involves washing your hair and ditching all your clothes. Because even if you aren't allergic, the clothes will stink and so will your hair.

So it came to pass (I assume) that I was no longer as "valuable" as a friend, as I was unable to tolerate those that can't give up their *******ed nicotine dependency for a lousy few hours.

Personally, I'll pick a nose picking, unbathed, inadequately laundered geek over a smoker. It's not my problem if the socially challenged geek never gets to experience the opposite sex in private
                    At least they don't make ME smell and have headaches (not to mention the assault on my health).

My paper n pencil gaming is not even a fraction of what it used to be. But I also don't miss all the smoking.
                    True, you don't get any of that from an online game.

But if you pursue finding local friends that AREN'T among the great unwashed, or carcinogen challenged, the games are much more fun in person.

Agreed, I don't play MMORPGs mainly because they aren't really RPGs. However, I would gladly play one that was online. The simple fact is, it's a lot easier to deal with it online, not having to set schedules, deal with random things coming up, that occasional one in the group that has to have a drama over anything (you can just ignore them online), etc.

I won't deny it misses aspects playing it online, but there are advantages also. Just the usual case of trade-offs.

Comment

Gary Gygax, the original dungeon master, can see as well as anyone how computers have changed the face of gaming. All he has to do is look down the hall at his home in Lake Geneva, Wis.

Dungeon Masters in Cyberspace
                      Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X