Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning

For those who may be interested.

The private Warhammer server is thriving, and of course is still free to play. My son set up his own Youtube channel to post videos of the games he plays, and allows me to post my own videos from recent fights against the forces of Destruction. I even learned how to record music over them, and offer a few here for your enjoyment.

1. Short video from a scenario battle in Nordenwatch:

2. Election day fights in Dragonwake:

3. Keep defense in Reikland:

4. Nordenwatch scenario with one versus one action. That fight starts at the 3:20 mark:

5. Keep Defense in the Chaos Waste:

Thanks for watching. And if you would be so kind subscribe to my son's channel.
    Last edited by Martok; 23 May 18, 14:17.
    QamuIs Heg qaq law' lorvIs yInqaq puS

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)

I like this one particularly. Airborne, Death from Above.

Action begins at about the two minute mark:

Comment

Tier 4 action in Kadrin Valley:

Comment

Even though we lost I particularly enjoyed this fight. Action in the Battle for Praag scenario:

Comment

A running fight in Caledor:

Comment

Comment

Pardon the ignorance, but does this mean that it is still possible to play WH online?

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                Pardon the ignorance, but does this mean that it is still possible to play WH online?
                Yes, it is. The server is free to play, run by a group of Devs in Europe. They have made some additions and balance changes to the game and are attempting to clean out all the crap Mythic instituted when they ran the game. I, as you can see from my videos, am having a blast. Especially given I am now retired and don't have to play while grading papers.

If you decide to look into it and actually log on, a few helpful tips. Given this is a private server, the Devs rule. They do not put up with any crap from anyone, therefore the in game trolls which helped ruin the live version don't last long here. Which is good. Also never under any circumstances in any chat channel anywhere, including the forums, mention money. The guys running this server are doing it entirely at their own expense and don't take a dime form anyone. Games Workshop would shut them down if they did.

The link to their website:

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

Comment

Keep Defense in the Chaos Waste. The fight occurred in sequence as shown but had to be broken into three parts. It was a fun fight all around.

Part One - the opening salvo:

Part Two - where I become One With the Universe:

Part Three - In Which Doris Gets Her Oats:

Comment

Running battle in KV, only this time with a tragic ending:

Comment

First in a series of seven videos which will share a common theme, each in turn named for one of the seven deadly sins. Sometimes this game is quite personal.

Comment

And sometimes you consume everything in sight:

Comment

A live event took place today, and I am posting part one of the video series here just to provide an illustration of game population.

And here as well:

The Battle Begins (and ends):

And I try to go pick a fight:

Last edited by Martok; 13 Dec 16, 15:59.

Comment

A bit of background on this post. As some of you may know prior to my retirement I taught High School in one of the local public school systems. It is for that reason the titles of a number of my videos hail from sources such as Shakespeare, Milton, or Dante. Prompted by an event in game I decided to make a series of videos dedicated each in turn to one of the Seven Deadly Sins. Six of them have been up on Youtube for a few weeks, and the seventh was just posted. Given not everyone either subscribes or views the channel, I thought I would post them here as well. Obviously, the Warhammer community will appreciate the subtlety of content more easily than anyone who isn't a player. But still. Taken seriatim, they are:

1. Wrath:

2. Gluttony:

3. Pride:

4. Sloth:

5. Greed:

6. Envy:

7. Lust:

If you only watch one of these videos, I would suggest Lust. It all kind of fits.

Descriptions and music accreditations are listed with the Youtube postings.

Thanks for watching.
                            Last edited by Martok; 03 Jan 17, 20:24.

Comment

Action in Praag with the Bitterstone Thunderers:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X