World of Tanks newbie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Tanks newbie

I am d/l the game and have never played. I tend to suck pretty bad at FPS. I will probably play on Tuesday for the first time. Any advice?

Don't rush when the match starts. Keep your cool and try to stay alive. Passive scouting works so once you've advanced as far as you safely can, get into a hidden (behind a bush) position and don't move. Pick your shots carefully. If you're spotted and start taking fire, get behind a rock. If you can't do anything else take at least one enemy with you before you die.
    "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

At the low tiers try to play conservatively. Stay in cover and learn to sight and shoot while stationary. Avoid close up contests if possible.

Work on building lots of completed modules on future vehicles while leaving your crew to get experience in the one you are currently using. This means when you go to a new vehicle up through about tier 4 or 5 you can have the next vehicle already maxed out meaning your crew recovers experience faster and you get slaughtered less often.

Work on getting used to the controls and shooting accurately.

If you want some help my game name in WoT is Murotsu you can P/M me and I'll try and help. I have several Tier 2 "money makers" (I play entirely for free no buying gold) I use that I can platoon with you to help you get experience.

Comment

My name is A_Currie. I'll be d/l the game in a day or two.

Comment

Couldn't find an A_Currie listed...

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
            My name is A_Currie. I'll be d/l the game in a day or two.
            The "Arthur Currie??"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Currie

You'll do- just fine....
            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by Greybriar View Post
              Don't rush when the match starts. Keep your cool and try to stay alive. Passive scouting works so once you've advanced as far as you safely can, get into a hidden (behind a bush) position and don't move. Pick your shots carefully. If you're spotted and start taking fire, get behind a rock. If you can't do anything else take at least one enemy with you before you die.
              Given that he is a beginner staying behind a bush won't help him much. He needs camouflage, camouflage net and the crew trained to be stealthy for passive scouting to work.

Comment

My first two questions.

1. Can you get gold without paying? How?
                2. What is the best nationality to work on?

I currently have a Vickers tier 1 that I am working from. Are Russian or German better than British?

Comment

Russians tend to have best gun amour combination.British/French for arty in low tiers.Low tier French Chinese Japanese tanks crap.US German good but patchy.Gold has to be purchased,apart from infrequent in game rewards,L only use it for crew training and permanent camouflage.
                  Wack tac mac hey.
                  Regards.
                  Grishnak.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                    My first two questions.

1. Can you get gold without paying? How?
                    Mostly by luck. Occasionally one of their "pros" shows up in a game kill him get gold. Sometimes they run contests that will get it. I've made about 1000 gold that way and I play entirely for free.

2. What is the best nationality to work on?
                    Depends on your style.

I currently have a Vickers tier 1 that I am working from. Are Russian or German better than British?
                    Yes, the British line is not that good. The Russians are good except in observation. You tend to blunder into enemies with them. The US and Germans have the best observation. Gun wise the Germans and Russians are the two to go for.
                    Armor, the Russians first. The US and Germans at higher tiers are get good.

French is so-so at best. Chinese, Japanese are best left on the side lines.

Comment

Okay Duncan, I put A_Currie on my friends list. Let me know when you might be on.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        Okay Duncan, I put A_Currie on my friends list. Let me know when you might be on.
                        Cool.

So it looks like I'll use my Vickers to make some cash, since it is already upgraded, and upgrade to the Russian tanks after that.

Comment

I have added Murotsu and another non-ACG friend. Anyone else want to add to friends list?

Comment

I tried to platoon (eg., play with) you today several times unsuccessfully. I have Tier II and IV vehicles so I can play low tier games (the tier II are money makers).

Comment

Tried A_Currie, no result.
                              Wack tac mac hey.
                              Regards.
                              Grishnak.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X