Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from Matrix Games (Battles from the Bulge)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Matrix Games (Battles from the Bulge)

Digital Download PC Download (Can$83.99)!!!

http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec...DE=&CACHE_ID=0

Almost gagged when I saw the price. Oh well, I can be quoted as saying I'll will gladly pay 100 bucks for a game I want. So I suppose now I either pay up or shut up

This is going to get me in deep shyt with the wife I think though

But that's because of the 150 bucks on ASL maps and 40 bucks for an Italeri Puma in 48th scale. And last month it was 200 bucks on 4th edition modules.

I think I better buy her a lot of raspberry chocolates on the first of the month (the woman can't think straight while eating raspberries ).
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

I would like to hear what you think about this game. Maybe a brief review or something? It looks very interesting but I would have to save up some $ first.

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

I will say this much in defense of the price.

For all you people that will gladly pay 40 bucks for [insert great deal of foul language here] games like Hearts of Iron, and then go on to blather on about how damn good it is, you are idiots.

Yeah, Battles from the Bulge is like buying two games. And when I look at a lot of games that have been released in the last 10 years, you likely bought several games that were 40 bucks of totally thrown away cash.

So, for the people I see at Matrix Games saying 'I will pass' and the people at Wargamer saying 'I just can't afford that', fine you take the pass, fine pretend you can afford 40 bucks fior garbage.

Me, I am ok with 80 bucks and twice the price of acknowledge buggy junk.
      Command Ops is likely going to be worth several times the price of the last wargame you bought.

Hey we all buy em. I bought Operation Barbarossa from an unproven source, and it was NOT a great game. It needs work.

Panther Games are not what I would call a risky purchase company.

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
        Digital Download PC Download (Can$83.99)!!!

http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec...DE=&CACHE_ID=0

Almost gagged when I saw the price. Oh well, I can be quoted as saying I'll will gladly pay 100 bucks for a game I want. So I suppose now I either pay up or shut up

This is going to get me in deep shyt with the wife I think though
        Just tell your wife what i tell mine "It cost $30 honey"

Comment

This just in, numerous wargamers at Matrix Games and Wargamer are whiny brats that simply won't buy the game unless it stays under an arbitrarily set sum.

I guess none of them drive Porches either

Yes the game is expensive, my plastic just took a hit. I speculate I will groan a bit deflating it.

Of cooooooourse I'd be happier buying this on sale at say 65 bucks. I'm not crazy, I like spending less money as opposed to more money.

But I have downloaded it in good speed with no troubles, all 876 megs of installer. I dumped an install on to my older and more tired yet able to run Windows 7 laptop, and played juuuuust fine.

The install is no hassle.

Played the tutorial battle. I have yet to understand though if Panther Games understands what tutorial means in English I suppose they could label it 'an easier battle' but it doesn't convey the message right for them I guess.

Anyway, my rushed poorly thought out 'you there, attack here' run through the game went for 3 days before I decided ok it's late and I just wanted to hear some kabooms and ratatatat sounds any way.

If you have liked Panther Games, I don't expect any disappointment.
          If you are of the sort 'I refuse to budge beyond a set sum of cash', that's too bad, you don't get to play the game then do you.

Comment

Looks like the usual happened at Matrix Games.

Oh well, I can at least give an honest view from off company premises somewhere.

The truth is the game IS expensive.

The truth is I DO have a limited income, which requires some serious planning.

Yes I am indeed disabled, and I didn't earn a single cent last month or the month before all the way back to 1994 in the usual way most of you get paid.
            So some might grumble that ole Les is playing BftB while honest hard working folk can't because they can't afford it.

Cry me a river

I don't need your lousy job. If I wasn't disabled, I'd be the person on the other side of the desk where pay cheques are concerned. I wouldn't be receiving it, I'd be handing it out.

I honestly think though some of my wargaming bretheren honestly believe the crap in their posts.
            I think they think I actually enjoy doing nothing of consequence all day.

Retards.

I'd rather be putting in a 16 hour day each day in my shop supporting 10 other blokes ability to pay their bills. Given a choice, and if life had deemed it the way it was to be, I wouldn't have ever had a chance to ever have time for a single computer wargame ever made.
            In my ideal world, none of you would have ever met me, and I would consider a few hours on a weekend playing a bit of ASL to be the limit of my wargaming.

But oh well, SOME people like to say all manner of crap they have invented out of whatever emotionally lacking existence they lead.

And life has made it so I can afford to buy an 83 dollar computer wargame. AND eat steak AND buy models, and sit in decent air conditioning. And all they can do is bitch about how Panther Games has priced them out of buying their title.

Sucks to be them. But stop thinking I prefer my life as it exists.
            Stupid losers.

For those that will not be playing this game all because of the price tag, please move along then and get over it. You missed out on the game, your life is so rough.

I'd rather be making a table and listening to Rush blare out of the stereo given a chance. But I have to settle for this wargame.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X