Origins 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Origins 2007

We will have updates and info about Origins and ACG's staff reporting here!

From the Origins Website:

War College Faculty

Our Special Guests sponsored by Armchair General Magazine are:

Frank Chadwick: A 1984 Origins Hall of Fame inductee, Frank Chadwick founded Game Designers’ Workshop in 1972 and was one of the original GAMA organizers. Chadwick has more than sixty published games to his credit, and his Desert Shield Factbook (1991) reached number one on the New York Times bestseller list.

Carlo D’Este: A retired U.S. Army lieutenant colonel, Carlo D’Este is the author of six books on military history, including the acclaimed Decision in Normandy and Bitter Victory: The Battle for Sicily. Mr. D’Este is currently working on a biography of Winston Churchill and serves on the advisory board for Armchair General Magazine.

Colonel David M. Glantz: COL Glantz taught at West Point, the Combat Studies Institute, and Army War College, founded and directed the U.S. Army’s Foreign (Soviet) Military Studies Office. He started and currently edits The Journal of Slavic Military Studies. He has written or coauthored more than 60 books, studies and atlases, plus hundreds of articles on Soviet military strategy, intelligence, and deception and the history of the Soviet Army, Russian military history, and WWII.

Lester Grau: A retired US Army lieutenant colonel, Les Grau is a Military Analyst for the Foreign Military Studies Office at Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas. He has published over 100 articles and studies on Soviet and Russian tactical, operational and geopolitical subjects.
    Dana Lombardy: Dana Lombardy has contributed as an editor, graphic artist, designer and cartographer on many books, games and magazines. He was publisher of Napoleon Journal from 1996 to 2000. He is best known for his multiple award-winning Streets of Stalingrad board game.

Charles Sharp: Charles Sharp is a former tanker in the US Army. He is the author of more than a dozen books on the organization and orders of battle of units of the Red Army during World War Two.
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Make sure you search-out one of my team members, Dr. James Sterrett. He is an engaging speaker and has a couple of interesting topics: "Games for Training at the Command and General Staff College" and "Playing Games the Army Way".

I think these may interest some of the ACG readers here as well. If anyone wants the "cliff notes" from his presentations, let me know.

Comment

Almost time!

Just two days of work, and then time to fly out to Columbus!
      “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

I think I'm going to try to attend on Saturday - should be fun.
        Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

Comment

Originally posted by sickpup View Post
          I think I'm going to try to attend on Saturday - should be fun.
          Game of NSDM or is that too long if you're only coming by for one day?
          “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
            Game of NSDM or is that too long if you're only coming by for one day?
            Not sure. I figure I'd be up for it. If I'm gonna pay my "monies" to get in, I might as well make it an all day event. I'm not 100% sure I'll be there just yet, but I'll check the NSDM schedule and see what's happening that day.
            Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

Comment

Flight departs around 2, I'll be in Columbus around 3-3:30, probably at the hotel (the Hyatt) by 4 at the latest!

Comment

Origins 07

Sorry we didn't get to hang out as much as GenCon last year, but it's not like we weren't all actually working.

And I tried to blow up the "rules for women at game conventions" from last summer with the research team I had working the surveys
                In the event of another forum meltdown, feel free to join us over at www.armchairdragoons.com

Comment

Originally posted by BayonetBrant View Post
                  Sorry we didn't get to hang out as much as GenCon last year, but it's not like we weren't all actually working.

And I tried to blow up the "rules for women at game conventions" from last summer with the research team I had working the surveys
                  Yeah, hopefully in two years we can all get back together for some more gaming. Good times anyway though, have a good one!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X