Another Friday - Show 'em or Fold Em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Friday - Show 'em or Fold Em

It's 23:59 as I start to write this post and it will be Friday before it is submitted.

So....

...what's on tap for gaming this weekend?

I have some boardgaming due for tomorrow. A buddy has the day off and I think he mentioned the classic Avalon Hill game, Starship Troopers. w00t!

After that, if we have time, I'm hoping to put in a round of Fantasy Flights' Fury of Dracula, though that may be too much to ask for one day.

Evenings? I'm hotly anticipating the arrival of Call of Duty: Black Ops. I doubt I'll see it over the weekend, but I'm hoping early next week to tear into it.

And y'all? What's in store?
    RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Stepping through chess lessons. Shoot some pool.

I still haven't finished learning to play any of the MOO games. I restored my RR games from an archive about week ago: RTD/RT2/RT3. And there is always CMBB/CMAK and HTTR/COTA/BFTB. Oh yeh, I want to get to Tropico1 as well.

I just don't understand how people can keep buying new games. Any of the above could keep my busy from a few years to eternity. I love PC games.

Comment

I just sent off an email for VASL/ASLSK1 - Released From The East. I'm the Russians. I need to capture two of the "V" buildings. We're in turn 3 of 6.

I'll be attending BottosCon all weekend. Tomorrow evening is the Up Front tournament. I'm brushing up on the rules tonight.

Comment

MDE Schwerpunkt, AI War.
        Combat Command Matrix Edition: The Forgotten Few

Comment

Let's see....
          Several HPS PBEM turns to kick out.
          Cities XL 2011 - I'm developing a serious traffic congestion problem in Bisonville
          Fallout 3 - Just started this evening, so I should be done at some point this time 2011!

This of course is subject to change.

Comment

Seeings as the girlfriend is coming to visit me for the first time -- until now, I've been the one going to visit her -- I (once again!) won't have much (if any) time for gaming. Of course, her being here will make up for that in other ways....

On the other hand, she is curious about all the PC games that I'm into, so perhaps I'll be able to sneak in some playing time under the guise of "demoing" them for her. If that does end up being the case, I'll likely be "demoing" some combination of the following games: Birth of the Federation, Shogun Total War, Armada 2526, Medieval Total War, Neverwinter Nights, Klingon Academy, Europa Universalis 3, and/or Distant Worlds.

....The poor girl. I'm not sure she realizes just what kind of nutj- I mean, guy she's dating!
            Last edited by Kahless; 12 Nov 10, 01:29.
            "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Comment

I am conquering Japan with Oda in Takeda 3 and the Galaxy as the Teyes in Armada 2526 and the Cardassians in Birth of the Federation...

Seems i am really busy!

Comment

I don't know if you're trying to run her off or convert her to your evil ways, Kahless. j/k

I haven't decided what to spend my time playing this weekend. WoW off and on, but I am more than a little burnt out on it. Still, with Cataclysm less than a month away, I really should be leveling up a few of my toons to 80.

I've been debating on installing EU3 on this new PC of mine, and possibly HoI2 since HoI3 isn't as much fun as it should be and I haven't purchased the Semper Fi expansion for it.

Impulse is selling The East India Company Collection for $14.99 right now, which is rather tempting since it includes the original game and its three expansions. But, like MarkShot posted: "I just don't understand how people can keep buying new games. Any of the above could keep my busy from a few years to eternity." So I should probably play what I already own instead, and that category consists of more titles than I will play in the rest of my lifetime.

Hmmm. What do I have installed? Silent Hunter III, Hearts of Iron III, Oblivion, World of WarCraft, Lord of the Rings Online, Panzer General, and all things Civilization IV. It's a tossup. So I choose "Some of the Above."
                "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Few days ago,I played the adventure game Gabriel Knight 1 with a breakthrough on the net, and looked at the ending.Very fun and impressed...
                  These days,those decent adventure games are sadly very rare.
                  After played thie game,I felt want to sight-seeing New Orleans someday.

And then I'm playing Baldur's Gate as usual.

We arrived Nashkel,a southern city,then going to near mines(the first dungeon!).
                  All characters in my party are still level 1.In this game,leveling is difficult.

(Forward)
                  Yoshino Neutral-Good Fighter BastardSword + Shield
                  Minsc Renger 2-Handed Sword & Short-Bow
                  Khalid Fighter LongSword & Short-Bow
                  (Back)
                  Jaheira Druid(use cleric magic.Cure x 2,Entangle)
                  Imoen Thief Short-Bow

I want to get a mage in my party,but can't see anyone right now.
                  Very fun adventure so far.

In other games,I played World War One Demo by AGEOD and World of Tanks a few times.
                  Later is easily understandable rule and fun playing.Usually I don't play MMO games but this will be continued.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshino View Post
                    Few days ago,I played the adventure game Gabriel Knight 1 with a breakthrough on the net, and looked at the ending.Very fun and impressed...
                    These days,those decent adventure games are sadly very rare.
                    After played thie game,I felt want to sight-seeing New Orleans someday.

And then I'm playing Baldur's Gate as usual.

We arrived Nashkel,a southern city,then going to near mines(the first dungeon!).
                    All characters in my party are still level 1.In this game,leveling is difficult.

(Forward)
                    Yoshino Neutral-Good Fighter BastardSword + Shield
                    Minsc Renger 2-Handed Sword & Short-Bow
                    Khalid Fighter LongSword & Short-Bow
                    (Back)
                    Jaheira Druid(use cleric magic.Cure x 2,Entangle)
                    Imoen Thief Short-Bow

I want to get a mage in my party,but can't see anyone right now.
                    Very fun adventure so far.

In other games,I played World War One Demo by AGEOD and World of Tanks a few times.
                    Later is easily understandable rule and fun playing.Usually I don't play MMO games but this will be continued.
                    At what point are you planning on stripping Khalid of all his armor and sending him off to face a bunch of monsters? I swear it was worth every moment f Jaheira's whining to be rid of him.
                    RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Hmmm well gaming and me is damned rare these days it seems. Been too busy with models it seems.

But in a rare moment I rebelled and put Steel Panthers on the laptop, and wonder of wonders, nothing went wrong.

Running it through an updated Windows 7 32 bit Enterprise release.
                      Did the Windows 7 Explorer trick as well to sort out the colours.

Sadly, I think hell will freeze over before we ever see the mouse scroll (being too jerky fast) ever being fixed.

If I won the lottery, the first thing I would do, is trap the guys doing Steel Tigers in a room and not let them out till they completely re invented the game. I'd also likely hire someone to threaten the legal owners of SSI Steel Panthers into selling it to the Depot mob so Steel Panthers would finally get the rebirth we all day dream about but realize will never happen.

Wish it was next Friday now. Because on the 18th, BBC BA Blizkrieg is being released Ask me what I am doing THAT weekend
                      Life is change. Built models for decades.
                      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

^Too busy with models! Nice.

I am hoping to finally finish Dragon Age: Origins and then move on to some extra DLC and the Awakenings expansion.

I am also going to start a Medieval 2: Total War campaign, modded with Stainless Steel v6.2 and starting in 1450 ad in an effort to try to play more than one game at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusington View Post
                          I am hoping to finally finish Dragon Age: Origins and then move on to some extra DLC and the Awakenings expansion.
                          I loved that game. Although it did turn into a bit of a grind near the end. Great story and characters.

I d/l Mass Effect a few weeks ago. I should get to playing that.

Comment

Crown of Glorry: EE - trying as Austria to push back the French onslaught into my western reaches all while keeping Turkey from declaring war on me and opening up a two front war.
                            "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                            -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

Back into Rise of Flight...cant wait for the campaign. I'm actually doing quite well in my albatross DVa.

might try...*sigh*..again...to get into AGEODS WWI gold. I REALLY want to get into this game so I will give it a shot.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X