Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Call Of Duty: Black Ops

    Am I missing something guys? I get this delivered at some point tomorrow and I am all excited.
    Have I missed posts on WG and ACG?
    Jarhead, where are you when I need words of comfort?
    Who if anyone except me is buying this?
    Oh well, I will load it up, crank up some tunes and see how many hostiles I can take down.
    Be cool.

  • #2
    I'm gonna wait and see. $60 for a PC game is beyond the $49 threshold I am used to (and with Steam sales, anything over $39 is becoming expensive). If it gets good reviews for the PC, I will jump in at some point.

    BTW: Saw this commercial last night:



    That was great! I want to see more commercials mainstream gaming like this!

    PS: Truth be told, I think that is a better commercial for Bad Company 2!
    Last edited by Rooks Bailey; 08 Nov 10, 16:30.
    Burke's Joystick: Because Edmund Burke would have been a gamer.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Wargamer Scott View Post
      I'm gonna wait and see. $60 for a PC game is beyond the $49 threshold I am used to (and with Steam sales, anything over $39 is becoming expensive). If it gets good reviews for the PC, I will jump in at some point.

      BTW: Saw this commercial last night:



      That was great! I want to see more commercials mainstream gaming like this!

      PS: Truth be told, I think that is a better commercial for Bad Company 2!
      That was fantastic! That's the best commercial I've seen in a awhile, and it's the absolute truth. I find it ironic that half the stuff they show however, isn't a COD staple.
      ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah I saw that commercial last night watching football. At first I was like what the hell?!?, but then it turned out to be a pretty awesome commerical.

        Comment


        • #5
          The new commercial was pretty sweet.

          Pre-orders are off the chain for this game, the first few days are going to be utter chaos on the servers.

          I'm going to pick it up in a couple of weeks, after the first patches come out and after the flash-in-the-pan gamers start to drop out of the multiplayer.

          I have to wonder if the storyline will be as dark as the last two. Modern Warfare 1 and 2 both had some bummer moments in the stories...
          "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

          BoRG

          Comment


          • #6
            I probably won't be getting it, the COD series is going downhill like a fat kid chasing a doughnut. Not to mention the games already been hacked and there is a care package glitch that if done right, gets you 4 more. Games going to be a big camp fest. I'm sorry but BC2 is keeping my interest with a new map pack and Vietnam

            Battlefield > COD
            "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

            CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
              I probably won't be getting it, the COD series is going downhill like a fat kid chasing a doughnut. Not to mention the games already been hacked and there is a care package glitch that if done right, gets you 4 more. Games going to be a big camp fest. I'm sorry but BC2 is keeping my interest with a new map pack and Vietnam

              Battlefield > COD
              I couldn't agree more. I'm so annoyed though with how long it's taking for the Vietnam DLC. I can't wait for BF3, if and whenever it's made. I'm hoping that this BF:FTP thing is just a stop gap measure to buy time to make the real deal. Three Cheers for Battlefield!
              ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

              Comment


              • #8
                Cod4>WaW>A Stick>Cod:MW2

                I reserve Judgment on black ops for the moment, still seething over the removal of Dedservers for MW2.

                For the while im going to stick with Arcanum.
                Task Force Regenbogen- Support and Paras

                Comment


                • #9
                  Got it, and it's pretty awsome.
                  "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                  "

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Waiting a month or two for a new flavor of the month to come along so I can get a used copy cheap at Game Stop.
                    Delegate, MN GOP.

                    PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

                    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SGT Long View Post

                      Waiting a month or two for a new flavor of the month to come along so I can get a used copy cheap at Game Stop.
                      Better off. By then, the first maintenance updates will be in effect, and the maniac game addicts will have moved on.

                      I did the same thing with the last two releases, and saved myself hours of frustration. Gonna grab my copy for Christmas at the earliest.
                      "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

                      BoRG

                      Comment

                      Latest Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X