Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golani
    replied
    I still have it in the original box, didn't test it on my "new" 1.5 year old computer, but it worked fine on it's predecessor.

I got turned off by it because of the small yet important things.
    Like the ability to equip your paratroopers with the M2 Carbine (the fully automatic, 30 rounds in a magazine version of the M1, which was definitely not in use then. It was first produced in 1944 but I don't think it saw action until Korea)

Leave a comment:

• LRB
    replied
    Originally posted by Golani View Post
    No no, it's a horrid game...don't waste your time.
    Didn't like it I take it

Actually 101st was supposed to have won some awards.
    But the game is now a bit long in the tooth and isn't on sale any more.

They advertise 82nd, they even have a 'Buy it now' button which when moused over reveals you are only pre paying. This game has been 'coming soon' though for several years.
    By the time it arrives, the tech it was made for will no longer be worth anything. It predates Vista for example, and we all know, XP is only going to be good for a short bit longer.

Leave a comment:

• Golani
    replied
    No no, it's a horrid game...don't waste your time.

Leave a comment:

• LRB
    replied
    Shrapnel has a title where it is individual men at the squad level.

101: The Airborne Invasion of Normandy.

Not sure of it's ability to run in our current OS environment. It's got a sequel due out (been due out for a few years now and is likely something of a joke to those in the know).

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Shrapne...A/AA_page.html

If you can find 101 you might like it.

Leave a comment:

• A7V
    replied
    Ha, it was Squad Leader!! Just found a screen shot and it is the game I am thinking of.

It was a horrible horrible game right?

Are there any games like this for the PC that aren't horrible? I like the concept that the men have lives at home and personalities.

Leave a comment:

• A7V
    started a topic Do you know the name of this game?

Do you know the name of this game?

Back in 1999-2001 I remember seeing a PC game at the local store and not buying it.

It was a squad level war game set in WWII and iirc you could promote through the squad and ranks.

You were in charge of the men under you and could even read the mail they got from home.

Am I thinking of Squad Leader from Hasbro? Can you guys think of anything else it could be?

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X