Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your dream game?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is your dream game?

    My dream game would have to be on the PC and a hybrid of simulation/strategy/rpg.

    Keep in mind this is a dream game, no way this would be possible to create.

    I would like a WWII era naval game where I can start as either enlisted with the option to become an officer later or start out directly as an officer.

    There would be an RPG element involved as far as career progression.

    As enlisted you would basically be doing mini games on a ship you get assigned. Like if you are a GM you would have to be a loader until your career progresses let's say if you make chief you actually can fire the big guns. You could also move from a small escort to a battleship as you get more rank so you can put that rank to use. I think that if possible more than one rate would be best maybe an air rate on a carrier.

    At some point you should be able to go officer either through a plot line like promotion during battle or you somehow "test" into it.

    If you become a mustang in this way when you get assigned your first duty it will be more involved or tougher, higher status than someone who chose officer from the start.

    If they chose officer from the start they would have to do duties of a junior office and work their way up and eventually progress in rank. Or maybe start on a PT boat where a junior officer can command early.

    As rank progresses so does the strategy and sim element. You can decide be assigned staff duty and "direct" the war.

    I haven't honestly sat down and really threshed this out to much, and I know it would be amazingly boring to 90% of the people out there, but I would love to see something like this.

    What is your dream game?

  • #2
    Sounds boring.

    Comment


    • #3
      My dream game already exists, but in a non dreamy state.

      Steel Panthers. I want it re released, with the Mega Campaigns made from Matrix Games, and coded as if pre Windows 7 never existed I also want it made available in small bite sized portions as well for the hand held gaming market so I can play it on my PC or laptop for the full program (without mouse control troubles), or the Nintendo DS XL for easy mobile gaming.

      Steel Panthers is the pinnacle of squad tactical WW2 gaming and looks pretty much like a clone of ASL. Yes I realize that ASL comment belongs to another non 2d game, but I never knew ASL to be a 3d game either.
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'd have to go above just a remake of Steel Panthers but have it with a 3D interface/look like Combat Mission. Of course it would still play like (have the depth of) Steel Panthers.
        [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

        Comment


        • #5
          You sound like you are waiting on CM Normandy as well
          Life is change. Built models for decades.
          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
          I didn't for a long time either.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CupASoup View Post
            Sounds boring.
            Yeah, I said that.. that is why it is "MY" dream game and not yours.

            You could be pro-active and post "YOUR" dream game instead of stalking me on the boards and giving me negative feedback.

            Comment


            • #7
              A game like Victoria: Revolutions with a time span frm the 13th century to 1775 with a kickass AI and lots of events.
              How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
              275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by A7V View Post
                Yeah, I said that.. that is why it is "MY" dream game and not yours.

                You could be pro-active and post "YOUR" dream game instead of stalking me on the boards and giving me negative feedback.
                What fun would that be?

                I have a thing for the six day war/ yom kippur war. I have yet to see a decent recreation in a game of those. I would love to fly a mystere strafing an eqyptian airfield. Or, command a centurion blasting holes in Syrian T-62's. Maybe a small unit action with IDF paratroopers taking Jerusalem.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by A7V View Post
                  My dream game would have to be on the PC and a hybrid of simulation/strategy/rpg.

                  Keep in mind this is a dream game, no way this would be possible to create.

                  I would like a WWII era naval game where I can start as either enlisted with the option to become an officer later or start out directly as an officer.

                  There would be an RPG element involved as far as career progression.

                  As enlisted you would basically be doing mini games on a ship you get assigned. Like if you are a GM you would have to be a loader until your career progresses let's say if you make chief you actually can fire the big guns. You could also move from a small escort to a battleship as you get more rank so you can put that rank to use. I think that if possible more than one rate would be best maybe an air rate on a carrier.

                  At some point you should be able to go officer either through a plot line like promotion during battle or you somehow "test" into it.

                  If you become a mustang in this way when you get assigned your first duty it will be more involved or tougher, higher status than someone who chose officer from the start.

                  If they chose officer from the start they would have to do duties of a junior office and work their way up and eventually progress in rank. Or maybe start on a PT boat where a junior officer can command early.

                  As rank progresses so does the strategy and sim element. You can decide be assigned staff duty and "direct" the war.

                  I haven't honestly sat down and really threshed this out to much, and I know it would be amazingly boring to 90% of the people out there, but I would love to see something like this.

                  What is your dream game?

                  My dream game is very similar to that with either WWII or ACW. You start as an enlisted man and then move all the way up to general of the armies if you so choose. There would be a great about of replayability as you can spend as much time at each level as your wanted. As a concept it would be cool but almost impossible to implement. Then there is the whole concept of time. I dont think in reality it would be possible for someone to go from enlisted man to General in the same war. Maybe in a life time but that again would be difficult.

                  Thanks for looking!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CupASoup View Post
                    What fun would that be?

                    I have a thing for the six day war/ yom kippur war. I have yet to see a decent recreation in a game of those. I would love to fly a mystere strafing an eqyptian airfield. Or, command a centurion blasting holes in Syrian T-62's. Maybe a small unit action with IDF paratroopers taking Jerusalem.
                    Ya might want to look over at Shrapnel Games then, as the FREE download of Windows Steel Panthers Modern battle Tank aka WinSPMBT contains battles from the Arab-Israelis conflicts including that one.

                    HPS also has a title of the Arab Israeli conflicts at the divisional level.
                    Life is change. Built models for decades.
                    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                    I didn't for a long time either.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      A total war based on ww2 where you begin with a small army and advance ranks as the game progresses, also it'd be fun if you could play as the Germans. Another part of the game must have a FPS element, I would make orders(from a RTS screen) and take part in the battle(FPS).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        A WW1 airwar game that was as real as we can do with the AI and processing power we have. If it came with a jack that plugged into the cerebral cortex then that would help too.
                        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

                        That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SoccerDJ View Post
                          My dream game is very similar to that with either WWII or ACW. You start as an enlisted man and then move all the way up to general of the armies if you so choose. There would be a great about of replayability as you can spend as much time at each level as your wanted. As a concept it would be cool but almost impossible to implement. Then there is the whole concept of time. I dont think in reality it would be possible for someone to go from enlisted man to General in the same war. Maybe in a life time but that again would be difficult.
                          Actually... I'm with you on this one SoccerDJ, that would be extremely neat.

                          Possibly from 2nd Lieutenant (or equiv.) since the Officer-track would be a (little) bit easier to traverse in a single war?

                          I agree it would be a bit unrealistic to achieve it all in 4-6 years, but then that's half the fun isn't it?

                          "You have been promoted to Feld-Marshall of all the armies surrounding Hitler's bunker - the Soviets are coming. Remember, a Feld-Marshall does not retreat!"
                          Captain Khryses, Silver Star Omnilift Wing

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by les Brains View Post
                            Ya might want to look over at Shrapnel Games then, as the FREE download of Windows Steel Panthers Modern battle Tank aka WinSPMBT contains battles from the Arab-Israelis conflicts including that one.

                            HPS also has a title of the Arab Israeli conflicts at the divisional level.
                            Thanks for the link. Quite honestly, that looks boring as hell. I would like something with modern graphics/gameplay.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Since you say it does not have to be something that can really happen, how about the Holodeck from Star Trek? You would actually be IN the game.

                              As far as your first example, sounds like sim military officer, and I'm quite sure it would be possible, though, no offence, not something I would seek out.

                              In the real world, how about a good PC version of Advanced third Reich, or Russain Campaign from Avalon Hill.

                              Or maybe finally Duke Nukem....

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X