Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EPISODE II - Escape from the Pamesani Games

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • EPISODE II - Escape from the Pamesani Games

    EPISODE II - SOUTH, INTO THE FOREST

    Having dispatched the tribesmen and looked after the two with minor wounds you have decided it is time to move on.

    After several minutes of scrounging makeshift weapons and a few quick conversations you make a final survey of your surroundings. The trail in the distance now seems overly silent, the battle having ended some time ago. You can only image the scene of carnage that would be found should you decide to venture in that direction. The clearing you are in is fairly small and in any direction that you go you will likely be entering very dense forest.



    Slowly you all begin to head south. Fortunately, the day is still young and even with the thick forest you should be able to reach the running water you hear not far away and in good time.


    Perhaps you may even manage to pick up a few medicinal herbs along the way.
    [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

  • #2
    Move off to the river as soon as possible, and we sort out our "formation" (such as it is) as we go along. Right now speed is of the essence.
    "We have no white flag."

    Comment


    • #3
      Skarphedinn has moved almost 50 yards ahead of the group as he scouts out the terrain they will all soon cover. He is not much in the mood to wait for stragglers and the sound of the rushing water has made him very thirsty.
      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
      _________
      BoRG
      __________
      "I am Arthur, King of the Britons!"

      Comment


      • #4
        Mag

        Moves off with the main group following Skarp on point, searching for anything edible and medical along the way on the right side of the group.

        " Hey guys can someone watch my back while I do this, one never knows what you can find around in a forest like this!!"

        Magnus

        Comment


        • #5
          Bragi moves out with the rest of the group staying near Ormond in the process.
          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

          Homer


          BoRG

          Comment


          • #6
            Skurkar Arason heads into the forest with the group keeping an eye out for any herbs or usefull things in the forest and an ear out for anyone coming through the woods toward them.

            Thanks for looking!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Thorar takes up his spear and follows in line checking over his shoulder to make sure nothing or no one is following.
              "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
              -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

              Comment


              • #8
                Farkveig moves at best speed, taking care not to disturb the greenery unnecessarily.

                "Hey, Thorar, would you mind guarding our rear? Just to make sure noone's on our tail."
                "We have no white flag."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Moving on with the rest - a little vexed because his march formation was not accepted - Bragi and Ormond engage in some quiet talk.

                  Ormond tells the story of how he's been a mercenary since his 13th and was promoted to huskarl at the age of 17 after having taken the lead in a all out frontal assault during the battle of Clandzin against the Kaldorians which saved the left formation of utter destruction. He also mentions that he fought in the naval battle off Bindra point two years ago - it is there where he learned how to swim so well.


                  Ormond Blackbeard
                  Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

                  It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

                  Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

                  BORG

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
                    Farkveig moves at best speed, taking care not to disturb the greenery unnecessarily.

                    "Hey, Thorar, would you mind guarding our rear? Just to make sure noone's on our tail."
                    Thorar drops back a bit to cover the other Vikings and from time to time will stop and listen/look behind the group before moving on again.
                    "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Kolbein stops periodically in his walking, as he listens to the sound of his companions' passage. He is happy that they make little sound in the brush as they proceed, but wishes little was none.

                      As he continues he finds himself to be acutely aware of the sights and smells of the forest, and attempts to keep heading into the wind as best as possible, he had noticed a curious scent about the wildmen they had encountered earlier and hopes to recognize it again before running into them.
                      BoRG
                      "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        "Thanks, Thorar."
                        "We have no white flag."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The sound of running water gets louder with each step you take to the south. After about 20 minutes Skarphedinn catches sight of a small but fast running stream. Halting and kneeling to check out the area he determines everything is safe. He identifies a secluded section of the stream that offers easy access to the water as well as excellent cover from any passer-bys in the surrounding woods.



                          Luckily, the sound of the running water should hide most sounds the group may make during their time here especially as they are not wearing any metal armor. During the trip to the stream nothing useful is found as far as medicinal herbs however upon arriving at the new site the vegetation along the stream looks like it should yield some editable plants and maybe more.

                          A few minutes after Skarphedinn's discovery and arrival at the stream's edge, Thorar, walking rear guard emerges from the brush and joins the rest of you.
                          [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Magnus

                            Goes over to the protected area in the woods and goes to the stream for a good long drink of water. Then puts his briused hands into the cool water for a long time, hoping that their throbbing goes away.

                            "Hey Fark, after I soak my hands a good long while can you bandge them up a bit so they can heal a bit quicker? I want to be as healthy as possible if we run into any combat!!"

                            Mag looks around and will forage for medical and eating plants, should be a good place to try and fish. Does'nt someone have some fishing gear we could use.....

                            "I think we still need to put a guard out somewhere, just in case my fellow Vikings!!"

                            Magnus

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TRDG View Post
                              Goes over to the protected area in the woods and goes to the stream for a good long drink of water. Then puts his briused hands into the cool water for a long time, hoping that their throbbing goes away.

                              "Hey Fark, after I soak my hands a good long while can you bandge them up a bit so they can heal a bit quicker? I want to be as healthy as possible if we run into any combat!!"

                              Mag looks around and will forage for medical and eating plants, should be a good place to try and fish. Does'nt someone have some fishing gear we could use.....

                              "I think we still need to put a guard out somewhere, just in case my fellow Vikings!!"

                              Magnus
                              Skarphedinn is already fishing with the gear he had in the captured sack. Boy, that water tastes refreshing!
                              History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                              _________
                              BoRG
                              __________
                              "I am Arthur, King of the Britons!"

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X