Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EPISODE 1 - Escape from the Pamesani Games

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • EPISODE 1 - Escape from the Pamesani Games

    EPISODE ONE - FREE AT LAST

    It has been almost 3 weeks since you were all herded together onto the slaver's ship and set sail to the west. Although kept below decks at all times some of the others were able to get a glimpse of the surroundings and gauge the direction and distance you had come since that fateful day. The consensus seemed to be that after about 6 days at sea the ship turned south and headed inland down a fairly large river, following it for another 8 days or so. At the rivers end you were all unloaded like cattle at what appeared to be a fairly well established trading post. As for who may lay claim to this camp it was impossible to tell as no banners, flags or other symbols were evident. After a brief nights rest you were loaded into cages on the backs of oxen draw wagons, about 10 to a cage and the caravan headed off to the south into a very dark and foreboding forest.


    . .

    Over the next 4 days the caravan slowly worked its way south through the dense forest. Although your guards were many and heavily armed (and all on foot), you could tell from their actions they were extremely nervous and jumped at the slightest sound coming from the forest around them. During the day no one ventured far from the trail with the exception of a few scouts but as darkness fell it seemed as no one dared to enter the woods for even more than a few feet. During stops, the guards slept in shifts along the trail and to avoid alerting anyone to their presence no campfires were lit. Any equipment that might rattle or clang was padded to lessen the sound. Prisoners were forbidden to speak but many managed to pass messages in hushed, barely audible voices. When they were heard they were quickly prodded by the base of a long spear. Repeat offenders often found themselves being jabbed by the pointed end and they quickly learned to stay quiet.


    On the morning of the 5th day as the caravan is getting ready to move out and the scouts are arranging their gear to take up their patrols the oxen began getting extremely nervous. Their handlers try to keep them under control but things are going downhill fast and anxiety building. This was not a good place for defending against any threats lurking nearby.


    . .

    Suddenly as if from out of the thin air itself gangs of half-naked barbarians swarm the trail and desperate close in fighting erupts between them and the guards.


    You and the rest of the prisoners quickly find these barbarians have no intention of freeing you as they quickly dispatch all those held in each wagon as they manage to reach it. Slowly they are making their way to your wagon. Fearing nothing to lose, the driver urges the wagon up into the woods as fast as the scared animals will go. Finally, after going about 200 feet into the thick woods and bouncing off of trees the wagon can no longer handle the stress and begins to come apart. At some point, the cage you are riding in falls free, coming to rest on its side, the once locked door wrenched open by the impact.


    You think to yourself "free at last" but as you struggle to regain your feet and your wits, you hear the sound of approaching feet coming through the bushes.


    What to do now?


    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    JUST A REMINDER - Please use the following text formatting for anything that YOUR CHARACTER thinks, does or says so I can keep track of the in game stuff.
    This will help me keep up as I can print out section of the thread and read through offline while I work on the skill checks, combat routines, etc.
    [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

  • #2
    Where's the driver? Did he have a weapon on him? I'll check to see so that at least I'll be able to sell my skin dearly if pushing comes to shove !



    Ormond Blackbeard
    Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

    It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

    BORG

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Stratego View Post
      Where's the driver? Did he have a weapon on him? I'll check to see so that at least I'll be able to sell my skin dearly if pushing comes to shove !
      The driver was tangled in the reins and drug off by the oxen deeper into the woods.
      [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Double Deuce View Post
        The driver was tangled in the reins and drug off by the oxen deeper into the woods.
        Well then, I'm out of here. The first piece of solid wood I come by, I'll use as a mace...but for now I'm running into the dense woods! I'll continue to pray to Sarajin for assistance.



        Ormond Blackbeard
        Last edited by Stratego; 19 Apr 10, 17:33.
        Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

        It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

        Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

        BORG

        Comment


        • #5
          Skarphedinn Njalson turns to see how many of the barbarians are coming toward us...
          History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
          _________
          BoRG
          __________
          "I am Arthur, King of the Britons!"

          Comment


          • #6
            Skurkar Arason rolls away from the wagon and into the tall grass hoping to concel himself enough to see the barbarians before they see him. He has been tied up for too long it is his turn to fight back. He thinks that between him and the others in the wagon they should be able to overpower some barbarians and take their weapons

            Thanks for looking!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Thorar lays in the grass for a moment trying to clear his vision. He hears the pounding footsteps getting closer. He rolls over to see how many are approaching and who is near him. Stay and fight or run into the cover of the woods? Too late...they are here!
              "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
              -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

              Comment


              • #8
                Magnus slowly crawls on his belly towards the closest cover he can find to hide himself from the Barbarians (useing all skills possible that he has..).



                While doing so he searches around to see if any of the metal from the cage was broken off that he could use as a possible weapon. Failing that a good piece of wood from thecart or the forest floor would do almost as well.




                As he crawls off into the forest he whispers to the other now former (we hope!!) slaves to "tay low to the ground and try to hide from the oncoming Barbarians, find any metal or wood they can lay their hands on and get ready to ambush these guys!!"




                Magnus is also praying to Sarajin to get him past this nasty situation in whatever way possible in this life and death situation for the whole group!!


                Magnus

                Comment


                • #9
                  As most of you try to hide amongst the grass you hear the sound of Ormond crashing through the brush in an effort to distance himself from the mangled cage. A few seconds later 2 tribesmen appear in the clearing near you and begin to approach the mangled and broken wagon. They are armed with small buckler and crude spears and the extent of their armor appears to be leather pants and body paint. As they approach they are looking in the direction that Ormond just disappeared when they notice Skarphedinn standing there.

                  Feeling confident that they've trapped their quarry, they spread out to encircle him. At that time one of them notices Skurkar laying in the weeds. Raising their spears and letting out a warcry they rush to attack the two unarmed Orbalese.
                  [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Praying that the others follow his lead, Skurkar quickly rises to his feet and rushes the nearest barbarian letting out a war cry of his own. He ducks low to attempt to miss the spear and hopfully tackle the unarmored barbarian and drive him into the ground with his shoulder.

                    Thanks for looking!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      ...and Skarphedinn Njalson rushes the other. He goes for the spear, making sure to dodge the point. A quick foot sweep and another hand wrapped around the barbarians head should toss the man off balance and tumble him to the ground. Hopefully by then the others will pop up out of the grass and help him finish the man off.
                      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                      _________
                      BoRG
                      __________
                      "I am Arthur, King of the Britons!"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thorar, seeing the meelee in action, stands up to get a better view. He sees one of the barbarians jabbing at some poor soul with his spear. Thorar rushes over to try and tackle the one barbarian attacking Skurkar.
                        "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                        -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Magnus

                          Finding nothing of use for a weapon around, he continues to crawl into a position where he is behind one of the 2 closest Barbarians.



                          Then springs forward to his feet( trying to take the barbarian by surprise) to make a mighty blow at the back of the head of the enemy, cupping his two hands together to make a better and stronger blow. Hopefully to do some damage and maybe knock the Barbarian out.



                          All the while still "praying" to his god to be with Magnus to see this fight through to the finish.



                          Magnus

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            As the melee begins to unfold in the clearing you all see out of the corner of your eyes a man running full speed through the underbrush (you only see his head and shoulders and he is about 50 feet away). Suddenly, as if tripped, he disappears from sight and goes crashing into the surrounding bushes. No one seems to be chasing him that you can determine.
                            [Official Game Thread] "To the Berezina River" Napoleonic Game

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Creeping back to the edge of the clearing Kolbein surveys the situation and sees two of his fellow once-captives struggling with a pair of the local warriors.

                              In near total silence he breaks from cover. Sprinting to the closest of the two enemy he intends to leap feet-first at him.
                              Last edited by Arthwys; 21 Apr 10, 16:00.
                              BoRG
                              "... and that was the last time they called me Freakboy Moses"

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X