Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gaming last decade for you (where was it best)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming last decade for you (where was it best)

Just interested to see where you found your gaming was the best of all the various possible standard choices in the last decade.

It's a single choice poll, so you will just have to pick the one that wins
    Board game
    17.65%
    PC platform
    64.71%
    X-Box and or X-Box 360
    11.76%
    Playstation 1, 2 or 3
    0.00%
    Nintendo
    0.00%
    Nintendo DS
    5.88%
    Playstation Portable
    0.00%
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

My choice was the DS, because frankly, I HAVE enjoyed getting it more than anything else.

Comment

By far and away I play PC games more than anything. I was both satisfied and disappointed with the quality of the games in the past decade. Early on, it seemed that gaming had no limit. Graphics and depth of play kept increasing. I can hardly play old games now because they look so poor in comparison with what we have currently.

But the disappointment is in the game play. Quality of the actual games has gone down, IMO. I know that Les has pointed out that some of the best games are being made for the handheld market. But I have a HD 24" monitor and a surround sound system for my PC. Why would I want to view or play games on anything else?

I could go on and on, but overall I still am a PC person first. Console and boardgames in a tie for second.
      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
      _________
      BoRG

Comment

In the last decade PC gaming was biggest for me. At the beginning of my decade I got my first computer that I didnt have to share with my parents and eventually another when I went off to college. So almost all my extra money was spent on computer games. And for the most part I enjoyed them.
        However, near the end of the decade I stared to explore war boardgames and the end of 09 starting getting interested in wargaming with miniatures. Im looking forward to what this next decade will bring gaming wise... now if I could just find another source of income to supplement all these things I want to try....

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

I spent the most time wargaming on the PC. And nearly all the games I played the most were franchises from the 1990s: Panzer General, Steel Panthers, and Talonsoft's Campaign Series.
          Der Eiserne Adler

Comment

Originally posted by les Brains View Post
            My choice was the DS, because frankly, I HAVE enjoyed getting it more than anything else.
            Please feel free to mail me your ASL collection.

Der Eiserne Adler

Comment

I'm a PC gamer first and foremost.
              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                I'm a PC gamer first and foremost.
                Same.

Operation Flashpoint was the highlight for me. The recent introduction to more historical grand strategy titles and wargaming with titles like AGEOD and TOAW III comes second.

Comment

In sheer volume, one might think PC wargames would win a lot.

True many good PC wargames have arrived.

I even helped work on Mega Campaign Screaming Eagles for Steel Panthers.

But even though I have played a number of PC wargames, and even though I sure wish I was getting in more board games, I think the DS has shown the mos unique promise.

The trouble though, is too many of you blokes regard the DS as a kids toy, and additionally, too many retailers are unreceptive to putting things like Commander Europe at War for the DS on the damn shelf (I got that comment straight from the publisher).

And ahh, no, you can't have my ASL Paul

Comment

ASL. I had some good times playing with a local group and hope to get back into it soon. I have an ASL tournament and three day wargaming event booked for Nov. I'm also really enjoying Aion right now. We have a vent server set up and do almost everything as a guild.

Comment

I voted PC Platform but I prefer board board wargames. PC games make game play easier housekeeping wise but nothing can duplicate the face to face experience and drama of a board game. The problem is finding opponents who can commit the time and space involved.

Comment

I've

Prety much done them all, but I think another option should have been in the poll. Net games that we play in various sites might be a good one as well... Most don't play these things but a few do and it can be pretty fun from time to time.

Board games with an emphasis on Miniature games would be the most played, Flames of War in the end. On the PC over the last couple years I have had some heavy action on net games, be it here or on another site and I tend to play these a lot more than just throw a game in, mostly due to the interatction of other players, and the guys who run them, Duncan is a very good example!!!

Cheers, nothing can get me through a rough night of work like looking forward to "what happened" and thinking about what I might do with my forces in a net game once I get home.

Tom

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X