Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PatBC
    replied
    Turn based strategy game are unlikely to have good AI for years, decades? They are in the position Chess programs were in the 80's The only way a wargame AI will not get beat by a experted wargamer who plays the game long enough to learn strategies against the computer is if the programmed to cheat, or the human wargamer is forced to think faster so he mistakes. That is why real-time strategy games have a following. A average wargame does not get nearly enough beta testing to develop good defensive/offensive algorithms.

As Gary Grigbys one said it is very hard to program an AI to be smarter than a potato

Leave a comment:

• Krasny
    replied
    I too am sceptical about WiF, especially since Empires in Arms. Hence my use of the caveat.

However if the is as ok as HoI2DD, then it should be worth buying.

Plus computer WiF has to be the best way of playing it PBEM.

Leave a comment:

• LRB
    replied
    Computer World in Flames is a strictly believe it when I see it game.

They say q4 on it, I couldn't care less.

But I won't be interested until AFTER I hear if the AI is worthless or not.
    I can accept that the AI will be largely inadequate, I expect it to be inadequate. But totally worthless won't fly with anyone.

Not that it matters, as I won't play the AI at any rate.
    But I will be less than impressed if we've all been forced to likely wait 2 years on a game that was already well known a decade ago, just so it could have a moron AI forced into it.

Time will tell.
    But I don't expect it to be a 2008 game for me. I would be surprised if I have this sooner than q2 of 2009.

Leave a comment:

• Krasny
    replied
    EU: Rome.

Spore (maybe).

World In Flames (maybe).

PC: Kharkov.

Total War Empires (maybe).

Plumbers Don't Wear Ties 2.

Games I regret Buying: Empires In Arms & Hellgate London.
    Last edited by Krasny; 16 Mar 08, 10:03.

Leave a comment:

• SoccerDJ
    replied
    looking forward to Empire Total War

Leave a comment:

• LRB
    replied
    Well I guess the thread is after all titled "All encompassing"

Not quite the reply I expected

Leave a comment:

• PatBC
    replied
    The US election to be over so CNN will start talking about Britney Spears again.

Leave a comment:

• LRB
    started a topic An all encompassing "waiting for" in 2008 list

An all encompassing "waiting for" in 2008 list

I've seen a few list threads concerning 2008 here and there, but usually focused on a system/console, or a genre.

I'm looking to get Civilization for the Nintendo DS and it would be nice to get Battles from the Bulge for PC.

That's about it for me. I'm aware many things might appear in 2008, some might not even be electronic.

What's on your wait list?

And to be clear, I'm not including items where people have said it would appear ad naseum. The item needs to be scheduled for 2008, and there needs to be a realistic expectation it actually WILL appear in 2008. Otherwise it's merely "in development". And I'm not interested in games that are still ideas in the works.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X